The Pro Football Hall of Game game kicks off the pre-season in early August, and these exhibition games continue for five weekends. Batten down the hatches, ‘cuz your NFL man is gonna be almost as interested in these off the record games as the usual ones. He’s been jonesin’ for the season to begin all summer – just waiting to take up couch space with a cold beer and some salty-type snacks.
When ya hear him talking about training camp wrapping up, brace yourself. The games begin right after the last week of camp, and serve the purpose of getting the new guys (rookies) used to playing in front of those huge crowds, while coaches and owners use the games to evaluate newly signed players. The old (veterans) guys only get about a quarter of playing time- maybe even less. Can’t risk them getting injured before the regular season.
Are ya ready to rumble, because right after pre-season, we’ve got…… yep, you guessed it – regular season! The 2012 regular season season will begin on Wednesday, September 5, 2012, at the home of the defending Super Bowl XLVI champion New York Giants. The possible opponents include the Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Green Bay Packers, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns, and Pittsburgh Steelers.
Get some comfortable clothes on and get ready to hang with your man!
- Agent: Henderson to rejoin Bills after surgeries May 31, 2016Agent: Henderson to rejoin Bills after surgeries
- Ware's back may keep him out of Broncos' OTAs May 31, 2016Ware's back may keep him out of Broncos' OTAs
- AFL-CIO joins Brady's Deflategate appeal May 31, 2016AFL-CIO joins Brady's Deflategate appeal
- Travis Kelce not optimistic Cavs can end his hometown's championship drought May 31, 2016Travis Kelce not optimistic Cavs can end his hometown's championship drought
- Seven-year-old with brain tumor tells Panthers to 'keep pounding' May 31, 2016Seven-year-old with brain tumor tells Panthers to 'keep pounding'
- Ex-Eagles DB Thurmond confirms he's retiring May 31, 2016Ex-Eagles DB Thurmond confirms he's retiring
- Texans OT waived year after cancer remission May 31, 2016Texans OT waived year after cancer remission
- David Ortiz chimes in on Deflategate: 'It's stupid' May 31, 2016David Ortiz chimes in on Deflategate: 'It's stupid'
- Source: Jets' Decker back at OTAs after protest May 31, 2016Source: Jets' Decker back at OTAs after protest
- Aaron Rodgers hopes to produce documentaries when NFL career ends May 31, 2016Aaron Rodgers hopes to produce documentaries when NFL career ends
- Agent: Henderson to rejoin Bills after surgeries May 31, 2016