The Pro Football Hall of Game game kicks off the pre-season in early August, and these exhibition games continue for five weekends. Batten down the hatches, ‘cuz your NFL man is gonna be almost as interested in these off the record games as the usual ones. He’s been jonesin’ for the season to begin all summer - just waiting to take up couch space with a cold beer and some salty-type snacks.
When ya hear him talking about training camp wrapping up, brace yourself. The games begin right after the last week of camp, and serve the purpose of getting the new guys (rookies) used to playing in front of those huge crowds, while coaches and owners use the games to evaluate newly signed players. The old (veterans) guys only get about a quarter of playing time- maybe even less. Can’t risk them getting injured before the regular season.
Are ya ready to rumble, because right after pre-season, we’ve got…… yep, you guessed it – regular season! The 2012 regular season season will begin on Wednesday, September 5, 2012, at the home of the defending Super Bowl XLVI champion New York Giants. The possible opponents include the Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Green Bay Packers, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns, and Pittsburgh Steelers.
Get some comfortable clothes on and get ready to hang with your man!
- Sources: Bears, Houston agree on $35M deal March 11, 2014The Chicago Bears secured one of the top pass rushers on the open market, reaching agreement on a five-year, $35 million contract with former Oakland Raiders defensive end Lamarr Houston, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Cowboys cut ties with top pass-rusher Ware March 11, 2014The Dallas Cowboys have released pass rusher DeMarcus Ware.Todd Archer
- Source: Ravens reach deal with OT Monroe March 11, 2014The Baltimore Ravens have reached agreement on a contract with free-agent offensive tackle Eugene Monroe, a team source said Tuesday.Jamison Hensley
- Sources: Colts to sign ex-Ravens DL Jones March 11, 2014The Indianapolis Colts will sign defensive lineman Arthur Jones, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Sources: Bethea, Niners reach 4-year deal March 11, 2014The San Francisco 49ers and safety Antoine Bethea have reached agreement on a four-year, $23 million deal, according to sources.ESPN.com news services
- Sources: Johnson to Bucs on massive deal March 11, 2014The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and free agent defensive end Michael Johnson have agreed to a five-year deal worth $43.75 million, sources told ESPN's Josina Anderson.ESPN.com news services
- Sources: Dolphins add LT Albert, DT Mitchell March 11, 2014The Miami Dolphins added a pair of big-name free agents Tuesday, agreeing to deals with offensive tackle Branden Albert and defensive tackle Earl Mitchell, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.James Walker
- Sources: Raiders, Saffold agree for $42.5M March 11, 2014Former St. Louis Rams tackle Rodger Saffold has reached agreement on a five-year, $42.5 million deal that includes $21.5 million guaranteed with the Oakland Raiders, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Caplan.ESPN.com news services
- Bills re-sign veteran kicker Carpenter March 11, 2014The Bills have re-signed placekicker Dan Carpenter, the team announced Thursday.Mike Rodak
- Sources: Browns add LB Dansby, S Whitner March 11, 2014The Cleveland Browns reached agreements with former Arizona Cardinals linebacker Karlos Dansby and former San Francisco 49ers safety Donte Whitner, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Sources: Bears, Houston agree on $35M deal March 11, 2014