The Pro Football Hall of Game game kicks off the pre-season in early August, and these exhibition games continue for five weekends. Batten down the hatches, ‘cuz your NFL man is gonna be almost as interested in these off the record games as the usual ones. He’s been jonesin’ for the season to begin all summer – just waiting to take up couch space with a cold beer and some salty-type snacks.
When ya hear him talking about training camp wrapping up, brace yourself. The games begin right after the last week of camp, and serve the purpose of getting the new guys (rookies) used to playing in front of those huge crowds, while coaches and owners use the games to evaluate newly signed players. The old (veterans) guys only get about a quarter of playing time- maybe even less. Can’t risk them getting injured before the regular season.
Are ya ready to rumble, because right after pre-season, we’ve got…… yep, you guessed it – regular season! The 2012 regular season season will begin on Wednesday, September 5, 2012, at the home of the defending Super Bowl XLVI champion New York Giants. The possible opponents include the Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Green Bay Packers, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns, and Pittsburgh Steelers.
Get some comfortable clothes on and get ready to hang with your man!
- What's trending in the NFL: Who rising, falling in Power Rankings? October 14, 2015What's trending in the NFL: Who rising, falling in Power Rankings?
- Patriots' Julian Edelman lists his top NFL receivers during Reddit AMA October 14, 2015Patriots' Julian Edelman lists his top NFL receivers during Reddit AMA
- Source: Cowboys turn to Cassel as starting QB October 13, 2015Source: Cowboys turn to Cassel as starting QB
- Falcons WR Jones expected to play vs. Saints October 13, 2015Falcons WR Jones expected to play vs. Saints
- Warning shot: Trooper gets pic with Cowboys RB October 13, 2015Warning shot: Trooper gets pic with Cowboys RB
- NFL blames clock operator, refs for MNF gaffe October 13, 2015NFL blames clock operator, refs for MNF gaffe
- NFL should follow CFL's lead and review pass interference October 13, 2015NFL should follow CFL's lead and review pass interference
- Bills sign backup QB Johnson, release K Cundiff October 13, 2015Bills sign backup QB Johnson, release K Cundiff
- Williams: NFL nixed plan to wear pink all year October 13, 2015Williams: NFL nixed plan to wear pink all year
- Jags unaware Pierce had concussion symptoms October 13, 2015Jags unaware Pierce had concussion symptoms
- What's trending in the NFL: Who rising, falling in Power Rankings? October 14, 2015