The Pro Football Hall of Game game kicks off the pre-season in early August, and these exhibition games continue for five weekends. Batten down the hatches, ‘cuz your NFL man is gonna be almost as interested in these off the record games as the usual ones. He’s been jonesin’ for the season to begin all summer – just waiting to take up couch space with a cold beer and some salty-type snacks.
When ya hear him talking about training camp wrapping up, brace yourself. The games begin right after the last week of camp, and serve the purpose of getting the new guys (rookies) used to playing in front of those huge crowds, while coaches and owners use the games to evaluate newly signed players. The old (veterans) guys only get about a quarter of playing time- maybe even less. Can’t risk them getting injured before the regular season.
Are ya ready to rumble, because right after pre-season, we’ve got…… yep, you guessed it – regular season! The 2012 regular season season will begin on Wednesday, September 5, 2012, at the home of the defending Super Bowl XLVI champion New York Giants. The possible opponents include the Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Green Bay Packers, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns, and Pittsburgh Steelers.
Get some comfortable clothes on and get ready to hang with your man!
- Trent Richardson may have played his last down in NFL September 2, 2015Trent Richardson may have played his last down in NFL
- Wilson: Trip helped Seahawks get over SB loss September 2, 2015Wilson: Trip helped Seahawks get over SB loss
- Jaguars TE Thomas will undergo surgery to hand September 1, 2015Jaguars TE Thomas will undergo surgery to hand
- Browns cut former first-round pick Taylor September 1, 2015Browns cut former first-round pick Taylor
- Rivers says scuffle with Seahawk not a big deal September 1, 2015Rivers says scuffle with Seahawk not a big deal
- Deflategate: No ruling yet; judge says this week September 1, 2015Deflategate: No ruling yet; judge says this week
- Cobb doesn't expect to miss game for Packers September 1, 2015Cobb doesn't expect to miss game for Packers
- Texans owner: Watt wouldn't destroy phone September 1, 2015Texans owner: Watt wouldn't destroy phone
- Manziel: Surgery not necessary on sore elbow September 1, 2015Manziel: Surgery not necessary on sore elbow
- Be like LaMike: LaMichael James shortens name September 1, 2015Be like LaMike: LaMichael James shortens name
- Trent Richardson may have played his last down in NFL September 2, 2015