The Pro Football Hall of Game game kicks off the pre-season in early August, and these exhibition games continue for five weekends. Batten down the hatches, ‘cuz your NFL man is gonna be almost as interested in these off the record games as the usual ones. He’s been jonesin’ for the season to begin all summer – just waiting to take up couch space with a cold beer and some salty-type snacks.
When ya hear him talking about training camp wrapping up, brace yourself. The games begin right after the last week of camp, and serve the purpose of getting the new guys (rookies) used to playing in front of those huge crowds, while coaches and owners use the games to evaluate newly signed players. The old (veterans) guys only get about a quarter of playing time- maybe even less. Can’t risk them getting injured before the regular season.
Are ya ready to rumble, because right after pre-season, we’ve got…… yep, you guessed it – regular season! The 2012 regular season season will begin on Wednesday, September 5, 2012, at the home of the defending Super Bowl XLVI champion New York Giants. The possible opponents include the Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Green Bay Packers, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns, and Pittsburgh Steelers.
Get some comfortable clothes on and get ready to hang with your man!
- Report: Convictions can cost players trip to draft February 9, 2016Report: Convictions can cost players trip to draft
- What's trending in the NFL: What caused abrupt end to Cam Newton's post-Super Bowl interview? February 9, 2016What's trending in the NFL: What caused abrupt end to Cam Newton's post-Super Bowl interview?
- Ex-RB Ball won't face felony in domestic case February 9, 2016Ex-RB Ball won't face felony in domestic case
- Record $132 million wagered on Super Bowl 50 February 8, 2016Record $132 million wagered on Super Bowl 50
- Peyton Manning, DeMarcus Ware key to Broncos' Super Bowl-readiness February 8, 2016Peyton Manning, DeMarcus Ware key to Broncos' Super Bowl-readiness
- Saints release 6-time Pro Bowl guard Evans February 8, 2016Saints release 6-time Pro Bowl guard Evans
- Attorney: Manziel hit ruptured Crowley's eardrum February 8, 2016Attorney: Manziel hit ruptured Crowley's eardrum
- WR Cooper released by Eagles after 6 seasons February 8, 2016WR Cooper released by Eagles after 6 seasons
- Super Bowl MVP Von Miller reaches out to Johnny Manziel February 8, 2016Super Bowl MVP Von Miller reaches out to Johnny Manziel
- Marshawn Lynch's postseason numbers among all-time greats February 8, 2016Marshawn Lynch's postseason numbers among all-time greats
- Report: Convictions can cost players trip to draft February 9, 2016