After their stunning victory against the New England Patriots, the New York Jets hopped on their Continental charter, and took a bit of a detour to view the decked out green and white Empire State Building, lit up in their honor.
Although it’s not usual for this type of vector to take place, obviously air space must be clear at the time, and special permission granted from the FAA. After this brief exchange, and the subsequent fly-by, flight 915 touched down in Newark at 10:53 p.m with the victorious and grateful NY Jets!
NEWARK TOWER: Tower advises it is lit up. You’re flying one-niner zero visual approach.
JETS: You guys are awesome. And I will tell you later who said that. 190 headed to see the building.
TOWER: Go Jets!
JETS: Go Jets!
Just another day in the life of the New York Jets!
- Sources: Seahawks' Lynch to end holdout July 31, 2014Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch will end his holdout and will be reporting to training camp shortly, per league sources.Adam Caplan and Adam Schefter
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life' July 31, 2014Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice apologized to his wife and all women affected by domestic violence on Thursday, when he took questions for the first time since his alleged altercation with his then-fiancee in February.Jamison Hensley
- Bad hair day: Skins rookie regrets new 'do July 31, 2014Zach Hocker gave them the option. Now he wishes he had just given them a bad skit.John Keim
- Source: Giants unsure if Wilson can return July 31, 2014David Wilson's latest neck injury has raised significant concerns for the New York Giants, as a source close to the situation told ESPN.com on Thursday that the team would be very surprised if Wilson played for the them again.Dan Graziano
- Manziel on NFL learning curve: It'll take time July 31, 2014Johnny Manziel admitted publicly what has been evident on the field during the first week of Cleveland Browns training camp: His learning curve is steep.Pat McManamon
- Zimmer hire energized 'unhappy' Peterson July 31, 2014If there was ever a point in Adrian Peterson's career with the Minnesota Vikings when he could have thought seriously about leaving, the end of last season could have been it.Ben Goessling
- Jags WRs Doss, Robinson catch injury bug July 31, 2014Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Tandon Doss suffered a badly sprained right ankle on the final play of Thursday's practice ,and second-round pick Allen Robinson sat out most of practice with tightness in his right hamstring.Michael DiRocco
- NFL placing trackers in pads to enhance stats July 31, 2014Hoping to keep up with the fans' insatiable appetite for player statistics, the NFL will install real-time location systems in 17 of its stadiums this year.Darren Rovell
- Colts' Thomas needs quad surgery July 31, 2014The Colts' Donald Thomas, who was expected to start at guard this season, re-tore the same quad that cost him all but two games during the 2013 season, according to a source.Mike Wells
- Rothstein: The day Megatron was shut out July 31, 2014Defensive coordinator explains how Clemson held future star without a receptionMichael Rothstein
- Sources: Seahawks' Lynch to end holdout July 31, 2014