After their stunning victory against the New England Patriots, the New York Jets hopped on their Continental charter, and took a bit of a detour to view the decked out green and white Empire State Building, lit up in their honor.
Although it’s not usual for this type of vector to take place, obviously air space must be clear at the time, and special permission granted from the FAA. After this brief exchange, and the subsequent fly-by, flight 915 touched down in Newark at 10:53 p.m with the victorious and grateful NY Jets!
NEWARK TOWER: Tower advises it is lit up. You’re flying one-niner zero visual approach.
JETS: You guys are awesome. And I will tell you later who said that. 190 headed to see the building.
TOWER: Go Jets!
JETS: Go Jets!
Just another day in the life of the New York Jets!
- Cardinals' Bush: No 'fair shake' with Bears November 26, 2014Michael Bush is grateful to get a chance with the Cardinals after not getting 'fair shake' in Chicago.Josh Weinfuss
- Coach: Benched RG III must 'work on craft' November 26, 2014Redskins coach says Robert Griffin III needs more time in system to regain confidenceJohn Keim
- Jets' Wilkerson (toe) expected out vs. Fins November 26, 2014The problems continue to mount for the New York Jets, who expect to be without injured defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson when they face the Miami Dolphins Monday night.Rich Cimini
- RB Jackson to Whitner: Don't talk down to Bills November 26, 2014Running back Fred Jackson hasn't forgotten comments made about the Buffalo Bills this summer by Donte Whitner, who in return had strong words for the Cleveland Browns safety ahead of the teams' matchup Sunday.Mike Rodak
- Gordon felt some Browns brushed him off November 26, 2014Josh Gordon felt some in the Cleveland Browns organization kept him at arm's length during his 10-game suspension, the wide receiver told NFL Network in an interview that will be aired Sunday morning.Pat McManamon
- Rex: Hand not forced in Jets' QB switch November 26, 2014In a surprise, the New York Jets have decided to return to Geno Smith as their starting quarterback, sending Michael Vick to the bench after only three starts.Rich Cimini
- Texans put Mallett on IR; Fitzpatrick to start November 26, 2014The Houston Texans placed quarterback Ryan Mallett on injured reserve on Wednesday, meaning Ryan Fitzpatrick will start on Sunday against the Tennessee Titans.ESPN.com news services
- Captain Slater, Patriots reach extension November 26, 2014The New England Patriots have signed special teams ace/wide receiver and captain Matthew Slater to a two-year, $4 million extension through 2016, NFL Players Association records show.Field Yates
- Broncos release kicker McManus, sign Barth November 26, 2014The Denver Broncos have waived placekicker Brandon McManus and signed Connor Barth, according to sources.Jeff Legwold
- Still: Claims of unpaid child support untrue November 26, 2014Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Devon Still responded Wednesday to allegations he hasn't paid child support in months, saying he will continue to let the court system deal with the matter.Coley Harvey
- Cardinals' Bush: No 'fair shake' with Bears November 26, 2014