After their stunning victory against the New England Patriots, the New York Jets hopped on their Continental charter, and took a bit of a detour to view the decked out green and white Empire State Building, lit up in their honor.
Although it’s not usual for this type of vector to take place, obviously air space must be clear at the time, and special permission granted from the FAA. After this brief exchange, and the subsequent fly-by, flight 915 touched down in Newark at 10:53 p.m with the victorious and grateful NY Jets!
NEWARK TOWER: Tower advises it is lit up. You’re flying one-niner zero visual approach.
JETS: You guys are awesome. And I will tell you later who said that. 190 headed to see the building.
TOWER: Go Jets!
JETS: Go Jets!
Just another day in the life of the New York Jets!
- Source: Goodell ordered to testify in Rice case October 23, 2014NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has been compelled to testify in Ray Rice's appeal of his indefinite suspension, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Wednesday.ESPN.com news services
- Titans QB Mettenberger to start, source says October 23, 2014The Tennessee Titans have decided to start rookie Zach Mettenberger at quarterback against the visiting Houston Texans on Sunday, a league source told ESPN's Adam Caplan on Wednesday.ESPN.com news services
- Sources: Belichick bars late Revis from practice October 23, 2014Patriots cornerback Darrelle Revis was barred from practice Tuesday by coach Bill Belichick for tardiness, two sources confirmed to ESPN's Mike Reiss.ESPN.com news services
- Jets' Smith on Harvin: It's not video games October 23, 2014Quarterback Geno Smith says Percy Harvin is a dynamic player but that the Jets have many other weapons at wide receiver.Rich Cimini
- Trestman: Bears' locker room rant behind them October 23, 2014Bears coach Marc Trestman said Wednesday his team has moved past the loss to the Dolphins and Brandon Marshall's subsequent locker room rant and placed the focus where it matters most: preparing for Sunday's road matchup against the Patriots.Michael C. Wright
- Garrett: D-line depth forced Sam's release October 23, 2014Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Michael Sam got caught up in a numbers' game along the defensive line, which led to his release from the practice squad on Tuesday.Todd Archer
- Hypothetical trade: Tom Brady to Texans October 23, 2014NFL trade deadline: Four explosive, albeit unlikely, hypothetical dealsGreg Garber
- Judge to remain on Adrian Peterson case October 22, 2014A prosecution request to remove the judge handling the felony child abuse case against Minnesota Vikings star Adrian Peterson has been denied.Associated Press
- Favre: Davis can be 'next Brady, Warner' October 22, 2014Former Packers great Brett Favre says Rams QB Austin Davis can be the next Tom Brady or Kurt Warner.ESPN.com news services
- DC: Burfict's reckless style hurting Bengals October 22, 2014Bengals defensive coordinator Paul Guenther says linebacker Vontaze Burfict must learn to tackle better to avoid injuries.Coley Harvey
- Source: Goodell ordered to testify in Rice case October 23, 2014