After their stunning victory against the New England Patriots, the New York Jets hopped on their Continental charter, and took a bit of a detour to view the decked out green and white Empire State Building, lit up in their honor.
Although it’s not usual for this type of vector to take place, obviously air space must be clear at the time, and special permission granted from the FAA. After this brief exchange, and the subsequent fly-by, flight 915 touched down in Newark at 10:53 p.m with the victorious and grateful NY Jets!
NEWARK TOWER: Tower advises it is lit up. You’re flying one-niner zero visual approach.
JETS: You guys are awesome. And I will tell you later who said that. 190 headed to see the building.
TOWER: Go Jets!
JETS: Go Jets!
Just another day in the life of the New York Jets!
- Falcons part ways with veteran RB Jackson February 27, 2015The Atlanta Falcons have released veteran running back Steven Jackson, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter, a move which will save the team $3.75 million against the salary cap.Vaughn McClure
- Raiders to release injury-plagued Branch February 27, 2015Tyvon Branch, one of the few recent Oakland Raiders draft picks the team kept from leaving in free agency by giving him a lucrative contract, will be released by the team.Bill Williamson
- Hasselbeck inks 1-year extension with Colts February 27, 2015Retirement can hold off for at least another year for quarterback Matt Hasselbeck, who signed a one-year contract extension with the Indianapolis Colts on Thursday.Mike Wells
- Rams cut DT Langford in cost-cutting move February 27, 2015In search of some much-needed salary cap space heading toward free agency, the St. Louis Rams released defensive tackle Kendall Langford on Thursday afternoon.Nick Wagoner
- Redskins sign DE Jean Francois to 3-year deal February 27, 2015Washington signed defensive end Ricky Jean Francois to a three-year deal for $9 million with $4 million guaranteed, his agent Drew Rosenhaus confirmed to ESPN's Adam Schefter.John Keim
- Report: Bills in talks with veteran QB McCown February 27, 2015The Buffalo Bills are negotiating to sign veteran free agent Josh McCown to address their long-standing needs at quarterback.Associated Press
- Goodell 'a big fan' of Browns owner Haslam February 26, 2015NFL commissioner Roger Goodell stood solidly in Browns owner Jimmy Haslam's corner Wednesday night at a 35-minute question-and-answer session at the Canton Memorial Civic Center.Pat McManamon
- Eagles release veteran O-lineman Herremans February 26, 2015The Philadelphia Eagles released veteran offensive lineman Todd Herremans on Thursday.Phil Sheridan
- Chiefs release veteran tight end Fasano February 26, 2015Tight end Anthony Fasano was released by the Kansas City Chiefs on Thursday, saving the club about $2 million against their salary cap.Adam Teicher
- Titans veteran Roos retires after 10 seasons February 26, 2015Longtime Tennessee Titans left tackle Michael Roos is retiring after 10 seasons, the team announced Thursday.Paul Kuharsky
- Falcons part ways with veteran RB Jackson February 27, 2015