After their stunning victory against the New England Patriots, the New York Jets hopped on their Continental charter, and took a bit of a detour to view the decked out green and white Empire State Building, lit up in their honor.
Although it’s not usual for this type of vector to take place, obviously air space must be clear at the time, and special permission granted from the FAA. After this brief exchange, and the subsequent fly-by, flight 915 touched down in Newark at 10:53 p.m with the victorious and grateful NY Jets!
NEWARK TOWER: Tower advises it is lit up. You’re flying one-niner zero visual approach.
JETS: You guys are awesome. And I will tell you later who said that. 190 headed to see the building.
TOWER: Go Jets!
JETS: Go Jets!
Just another day in the life of the New York Jets!
- Cutler practices but still not ready to return December 5, 2013Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler won't play against Dallas Cowboys.Michael C. Wright
- Pats' Dennard jail term extended 30 days December 5, 2013New England Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard, in court today in for violating his probation, had a judge add 30 days to his 30-day jail sentence which is to begin March 1, according to the Lincoln (Nebraska) Journal Star.Mike Reiss
- Patriots bring back veteran receiver Collie December 5, 2013The New England Patriots have re-signed wide receiver Austin Collie.Field Yates
- Seahawk pretends to be Wilson to get table December 5, 2013Seattle Seahawks defensive lineman Michael Bennett knows the proper name to drop around town to get what he wants.Terry Blount
- Colts' Richardson humbled by his demotion December 5, 2013Indianapolis Colts running back Trent Richardson was humbled when he ran onto the field as a backup in the first quarter against the Tennessee Titans last weekendMike Wells
- Peyton insists he's same player in cold December 5, 2013Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning insisted Wednesday he's not a different player in wintry weather, despite statistics that show otherwise.Jeff Legwold
- Browns' Campbell cleared to practice December 5, 2013Cleveland Browns quarterback Jason Campbell returned to practice Thursday after receiving clearances from doctors.ESPN.com news services
- Tomlin fined $100K; Steelers may lose picks December 5, 2013The NFL fined Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin $100,000 for interfering with a kickoff return in last Thursday night's game vs. the Baltimore Ravens.ESPN.com news services
- Peterson: If not Vikes, Texas team on mind December 5, 2013While Adrian Peterson says he'd like to spend his entire career in Minnesota, he admitted Wednesday in an ESPN Radio interview that he has also thought about what it would be like to play for another team -- namely, one in his home state of Texas.Ben Goessling
- Italian league offers 4-month deal to Tebow December 5, 2013Tim Tebow has been offered a four-month contract by the Italian federation for American football.Associated Press
- Cutler practices but still not ready to return December 5, 2013