After their stunning victory against the New England Patriots, the New York Jets hopped on their Continental charter, and took a bit of a detour to view the decked out green and white Empire State Building, lit up in their honor.
Although it’s not usual for this type of vector to take place, obviously air space must be clear at the time, and special permission granted from the FAA. After this brief exchange, and the subsequent fly-by, flight 915 touched down in Newark at 10:53 p.m with the victorious and grateful NY Jets!
NEWARK TOWER: Tower advises it is lit up. You’re flying one-niner zero visual approach.
JETS: You guys are awesome. And I will tell you later who said that. 190 headed to see the building.
TOWER: Go Jets!
JETS: Go Jets!
Just another day in the life of the New York Jets!
- Source: Texans release veteran TE Daniels March 11, 2014The Houston Texans have released Owen Daniels, a source confirmed to ESPN.com, one day after the veteran tight end said he'd be willing to restructure his contract in order to stay with the team.Tania Ganguli
- Source: Ware wants Cowboys' call by 4 ET March 11, 2014DeMarcus Ware has requested the Dallas Cowboys make a decision on his future before the NFL's free agency signing period begins Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET .Ed Werder
- Sources: Johnson to Bucs on massive deal March 11, 2014The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and free agent defensive end Michael Johnson have agreed to a five-year deal worth $43.75 million, sources told ESPN's Josina Anderson.ESPN.com news services
- Redskins bring back leading tackler Riley March 11, 2014With one hole already at inside linebacker, the Washington Redskins couldn't afford to let Perry Riley exit via free agency.John Keim
- Bengals bring back top kick returner Tate March 11, 2014The Cincinnati Bengals re-signed kick returner Brandon Tate on Tuesday.ESPN.com news services
- Still kicking: Vinatieri agrees to Colts return March 11, 2014The Indianapolis Colts have re-signed veteran kicker Adam Vinatieri to a two-year contract, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Clayton: Five things to watch in free agency March 11, 2014Money won't be scarce, but few big-dollar players are hitting the open marketJohn Clayton
- Sources: Panthers attempt to deal WR Smith March 11, 2014The Carolina Panthers have called teams to field interest in a trade for wide receiver Steve Smith, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Monday.ESPN.com news services
- Source: Giants on verge of re-signing Hillis March 11, 2014The New York Giants are still looking for help at running back, but they liked what Peyton Hillis did for them last year enough that they are on the verge of re-signing the veteran to a two-year deal before the free-agent market opens.Dan Graziano
- Sources: If no trade, Bucs likely to cut Revis March 11, 2014Short of a trade in the next two days, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are expected to release cornerback Darrelle Revis by 4 p.m. ET Wednesday, according to league sources.Adam Schefter
- Source: Texans release veteran TE Daniels March 11, 2014