After their stunning victory against the New England Patriots, the New York Jets hopped on their Continental charter, and took a bit of a detour to view the decked out green and white Empire State Building, lit up in their honor.
Although it’s not usual for this type of vector to take place, obviously air space must be clear at the time, and special permission granted from the FAA. After this brief exchange, and the subsequent fly-by, flight 915 touched down in Newark at 10:53 p.m with the victorious and grateful NY Jets!
NEWARK TOWER: Tower advises it is lit up. You’re flying one-niner zero visual approach.
JETS: You guys are awesome. And I will tell you later who said that. 190 headed to see the building.
TOWER: Go Jets!
JETS: Go Jets!
Just another day in the life of the New York Jets!
- Carroll: No-show Lynch is in plans July 25, 2014As expected, Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch did not attend the first day of training camp Friday, officially starting his holdout over changes he wants to his contract.ESPN.com news services
- Brees thinks he could play another 10 years July 25, 2014New Orleans Saints quarterback says he thinks he can continue to play at a high level for another 10 years.Mike Triplett
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part July 25, 2014The Tampa Bay Buccaneers announce Friday that the team and veteran guard Carl Nicks have "mutually agreed" to part ways.Pat Yasinskas
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles July 25, 2014Indianapolis Colts running back Vick Ballard has suffered a torn left Achilles tendon, a source told ESPN Senior NFL Analyst Chris Mortensen.ESPN.com news services
- Ravens sign suspended former Giants S Hill July 25, 2014The Baltimore Ravens signed former New York Giants free safety Will Hill, who is currently serving a six-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.Jamison Hensley
- Saints' Graham glad contract 'mess' over July 25, 2014New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham admitted this offseason was tough on him but is "happy that all that mess is over."Mike Triplett
- Cowboys' McClain convicted, already appeals July 25, 2014Dallas Cowboys linebacker Rolando McClain has been convicted of resisting arrest and disorderly conduct in his hometown in Alabama.ESPN.com news services
- Pats' Gronkowski not 100 percent -- but close July 25, 2014New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has been cleared by doctors to play, but he's not quite ready to let it rip.Lee Schechter
- Johnson accounted for at start of Texans camp July 25, 2014Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson reported to Houston's training facility ahead of the start of camp after spending the offseason away from the team.Tania Ganguli
- Kimes: Why Ray Rice's light punishment is bad business July 25, 2014Forget hypocrisy or offending women across the country. The real reason Roger Goodell should have come down harder on Ray Rice is good old-fashioned greed.Mina Kimes
- Carroll: No-show Lynch is in plans July 25, 2014