After their stunning victory against the New England Patriots, the New York Jets hopped on their Continental charter, and took a bit of a detour to view the decked out green and white Empire State Building, lit up in their honor.
Although it’s not usual for this type of vector to take place, obviously air space must be clear at the time, and special permission granted from the FAA. After this brief exchange, and the subsequent fly-by, flight 915 touched down in Newark at 10:53 p.m with the victorious and grateful NY Jets!
NEWARK TOWER: Tower advises it is lit up. You’re flying one-niner zero visual approach.
JETS: You guys are awesome. And I will tell you later who said that. 190 headed to see the building.
TOWER: Go Jets!
JETS: Go Jets!
Just another day in the life of the New York Jets!
- Rodgers to nervous Packers fans: Just relax September 23, 2014Aaron Rodgers had a simple, yet direct message for Green Bay Packers fans who are panicking over the team's 1-2 record and the quarterback's own slow start.Rob Demovsky
- Goodell meets ex-players about NFL conduct September 23, 2014NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and chief assistant Troy Vincent have met with 11 former NFL players to discuss ways to improve the league's personal conduct policy.Associated Press
- Williams tells Eagles he's sorry for remarks September 23, 2014Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Cary Williams apologized to his coach and teammates for comments he made about the team's practice regimen after Sunday's victory over Washington.Phil Sheridan
- Bears DE confirms Kaepernick used N-word September 23, 2014Bears defensive end Lamarr Houston confirmed to the Chicago Tribune that Colin Kaepernick used the N-word to address him during Chicago's Week 2 win over San Francisco.ESPN.com news services
- Harrison signs deal, returns to LB-thin Steelers September 23, 2014James Harrison officially rejoined the Pittsburgh Steelers on Tuesday morning, signing a contract in the same building where he announced his retirement less than three weeks ago.ESPN.com news services
- Past fuels Seahawks' Lynch to help others September 23, 2014Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch, in a rare media interview, said Monday that most people told him growing up that he'd amount to nothing.Terry Blount
- Tomlin, Harrison discussed domestic violence September 23, 2014With domestic abuse a hot-button issue in the NFL, Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin talked to James Harrison about his 2008 arrest for hitting his girlfriend before Pittsburgh brought back the veteran outside linebacker.Scott Brown
- Source: Bucs OC Tedford on indefinite leave September 23, 2014Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive coordinator Jeff Tedford will take an indefinite leave of absence from the team, a league source said.Pat Yasinskas
- Panthers place FB Tolbert on short-term IR September 23, 2014The Carolina Panthers on Tuesday placed running back/fullback Mike Tolbert on injured reserve with a designation to return.David Newton
- Witnesses: Bironas was driving erratically September 23, 2014A woman told a 911 dispatcher that former Titans kicker Rob Bironas was driving erratically just before his SUV crashed.ESPN.com news services
- Rodgers to nervous Packers fans: Just relax September 23, 2014