After their stunning victory against the New England Patriots, the New York Jets hopped on their Continental charter, and took a bit of a detour to view the decked out green and white Empire State Building, lit up in their honor.
Although it’s not usual for this type of vector to take place, obviously air space must be clear at the time, and special permission granted from the FAA. After this brief exchange, and the subsequent fly-by, flight 915 touched down in Newark at 10:53 p.m with the victorious and grateful NY Jets!
NEWARK TOWER: Tower advises it is lit up. You’re flying one-niner zero visual approach.
JETS: You guys are awesome. And I will tell you later who said that. 190 headed to see the building.
TOWER: Go Jets!
JETS: Go Jets!
Just another day in the life of the New York Jets!
- Bills to play at home Sunday, source says November 24, 2014The Buffalo Bills, forced to play a neutral-site game in Week 12 because of a severe snowstorm, will host Sunday's home game at Ralph Wilson Stadium against the Cleveland Browns, a team official told ESPN.Adam Schefter
- Eli: Haven't had a weapon like Beckham Jr. November 24, 2014Eli Manning has been the New York Giants' starting quarterback for a full decade, and he's not sure he's ever played with a player quite like rookie wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.Dan Graziano
- Manziel, entourage involved in fight at hotel November 24, 2014Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel was involved in a fight in downtown Cleveland early Saturday but is not listed as a suspect, according to a police report obtained by ESPN.Jeremy Fowler
- Source: No ACL damage for Browns' Gipson November 24, 2014Browns safety Tashaun Gipson's regular season might be over, but he suffered no anterior cruciate ligament damage on his right knee during Sunday's game against Atlanta, a source told ESPN.Jeremy Fowler
- Steelers' Taylor (forearm) may play Sunday November 24, 2014Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor received medical clearance to return from a broken forearm and might play Sunday against the Saints.Scott Brown
- Smith: Didn't put Falcons in position to win November 24, 2014Falcons coach Mike Smith indirectly admitted he made a mistake with a late timeout in Sunday's 26-24 loss to Cleveland -- a timeout that helped set up Billy Cundiff's game-winning 37-yard field goal for the Browns.Vaughn McClure
- NFL will mull fine, not suspension, for Raiola November 24, 2014The NFL will review Dominic Raiola's cut block on Patriots defensive lineman Zach Moore for a possible fine but the Lions center is not facing a suspension.Michael Rothstein
- NFL, union to discuss conduct policy Tuesday November 24, 2014The NFL and the NFL Players Association will meet Tuesday morning in New York to continue discussions about a revised personal conduct policy.Jim Trotter
- Vikes' Kalil says he regrets fan confrontation November 24, 2014Minnesota Vikings left tackle Matt Kalil said Monday that he shouldn't have confronted a fan outside TCF Bank Stadium after the team's loss to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday, saying the incident was due to his frustration with how he played.Ben Goessling
- Vikings' Loadholt (pec) likely out for season November 24, 2014Vikings tackle Phil Loadholt will have surgery on Friday to repair a torn pectoral muscle, and is expected to miss the rest of the season, coach Mike Zimmer said.Ben Goessling
- Bills to play at home Sunday, source says November 24, 2014