After their stunning victory against the New England Patriots, the New York Jets hopped on their Continental charter, and took a bit of a detour to view the decked out green and white Empire State Building, lit up in their honor.
Although it’s not usual for this type of vector to take place, obviously air space must be clear at the time, and special permission granted from the FAA. After this brief exchange, and the subsequent fly-by, flight 915 touched down in Newark at 10:53 p.m with the victorious and grateful NY Jets!
NEWARK TOWER: Tower advises it is lit up. You’re flying one-niner zero visual approach.
JETS: You guys are awesome. And I will tell you later who said that. 190 headed to see the building.
TOWER: Go Jets!
JETS: Go Jets!
Just another day in the life of the New York Jets!
- Kelly leaves NYC to continue cancer treatment April 20, 2014Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly will continue his treatment for sinus cancer in western New York, according to his brother Dan.ESPN.com news services
- Miami (Ohio) unveils John Harbaugh statue April 19, 2014John Harbaugh was honored with a statue at his alma mater Miami University in the school's "Cradle of Coaches."Associated Press
- Source: Manziel will work out for Browns April 19, 2014Johnny Manziel will work out for Cleveland Browns officials Saturday in College Station, Texas, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together April 19, 2014Nick Saban visited with Peyton Manning at the Alabama football offices early last week. Saban also spent time with Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase on the same day and in the same location. But don't connect the dots any further, Saban says.Alex Scarborough
- Ravens, 49ers set joint preseason practices April 19, 2014Two seasons after battling in the Super Bowl, the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers will hold four joint practices after their preseason opener on Aug. 7 in Baltimore, John Harbaugh said Friday night.Jamison Hensley
- Saints re-sign Meachem to 1-year contract April 18, 2014The New Orleans Saints announced Friday that they have re-signed veteran receiver Robert Meachem to a one-year deal. Terms were not disclosed.Mike Triplett
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option April 18, 2014The San Francisco 49ers are not expected to pick up the 2015 fifth-year option on linebacker/defensive end Aldon Smith's contract, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- OTL: He may have shot Tillman April 18, 2014In his first public statements about the death of former NFL safety Pat Tillman, one of the Army Rangers involved in the 2004 friendly fire incident in Afghanistan says he has lived for 10 years with the thought that he may have fired the fatal shots.Mike Fish
- Source: Jags to meet with Bridgewater again April 18, 2014The Jacksonville Jaguars have scheduled a second meeting and workout with quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, a source said.Tania Ganguli
- Source: Watt has 5th-year option exercised April 18, 2014The Houston Texans have officially exercised the fifth-year option on DE J.J. Watt's contract for the 2015 season, per a league source.Field Yates
- Kelly leaves NYC to continue cancer treatment April 20, 2014