After their stunning victory against the New England Patriots, the New York Jets hopped on their Continental charter, and took a bit of a detour to view the decked out green and white Empire State Building, lit up in their honor.
Although it’s not usual for this type of vector to take place, obviously air space must be clear at the time, and special permission granted from the FAA. After this brief exchange, and the subsequent fly-by, flight 915 touched down in Newark at 10:53 p.m with the victorious and grateful NY Jets!
NEWARK TOWER: Tower advises it is lit up. You’re flying one-niner zero visual approach.
JETS: You guys are awesome. And I will tell you later who said that. 190 headed to see the building.
TOWER: Go Jets!
JETS: Go Jets!
Just another day in the life of the New York Jets!
- Super Bowl prop bettors favor safeties, OT January 29, 2015A bettor at the Westgate SuperBook in Las Vegas is staring at a $50,000 payday. All they need is the Seattle Seahawks to score exactly four points Sunday in Super Bowl XLIX against the New England Patriots.David Purdum
- Sources: Pats victim of late-night fire alarms January 29, 2015A fire alarm went off in the players' wing of the New England Patriots' team hotel at 2 a.m. Thursday, the second time in three days this has happened, team sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.ESPN.com news services
- Jury issues delay Hernandez trial opening January 29, 2015Opening statements are delayed in the murder trial of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez while the judge sorts out some last-minute jury issues.Associated Press
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders January 29, 2015Louisville defensive coordinator Todd Grantham will remain with the Cardinals.Brett McMurphy
- Broncos hire Phillips as defensive coordinator January 29, 2015The Denver Broncos have hired Wade Phillips to be their defensive coordinator, league sources told ESPN's Ed Werder on Wednesday.Jeff Legwold
- Report: 49ers expected to tab Chryst as OC January 29, 2015Geep Chryst is expected to be named the San Francisco Niners' offensive coordinator, according to the NFL Network.Paul Gutierrez
- Brees nails PSIs on show: Couldn't do it in game January 29, 2015Drew Brees and Conan O'Brien had some fun with "Deflategate" during the New Orleans Saints quarterback's appearance Wednesday on O'Brien's talk show.Mike Triplett
- Vinovich To Referee Super Bowl XLIX January 29, 2015Visit ESPN.com for the complete story.Media
- Study: Youth football may add to cognition loss January 29, 2015Researchers tested 42 retired players between the ages of 40 and 69 and found that those who started playing football prior to age 12 performed "significantly worse" on three cognitive measures.Tom Farrey
- Ex-QB Blake: Deflating footballs common January 28, 2015Former NFL quarterback Jeff Blake says he oversaw the deflation of footballs on the sideline right before games during his career. Speaking on "The Midday 180" out of Nashville, Blake said the practice was common.Paul Kuharsky
- Super Bowl prop bettors favor safeties, OT January 29, 2015