After their stunning victory against the New England Patriots, the New York Jets hopped on their Continental charter, and took a bit of a detour to view the decked out green and white Empire State Building, lit up in their honor.
Although it’s not usual for this type of vector to take place, obviously air space must be clear at the time, and special permission granted from the FAA. After this brief exchange, and the subsequent fly-by, flight 915 touched down in Newark at 10:53 p.m with the victorious and grateful NY Jets!
NEWARK TOWER: Tower advises it is lit up. You’re flying one-niner zero visual approach.
JETS: You guys are awesome. And I will tell you later who said that. 190 headed to see the building.
TOWER: Go Jets!
JETS: Go Jets!
Just another day in the life of the New York Jets!
- Bills WR Watkins to sit out game due to ribs August 23, 2014Buffalo Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins (ribs) will not play in Saturday's preseason game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.Mike Rodak
- Lions' Suh drills QB with head, flagged again August 23, 2014Ndamukong Suh has hit quarterbacks in the preseason and been flagged for it before.Michael Rothstein
- Source: Pack's Raji (biceps) out for season August 23, 2014Green Bay Packers nose tackle B.J. Raji is out for the season after sustaining a torn right biceps in Friday's preseason game against the Oakland Raiders, a league source confirmed.Rob Demovsky and Adam Schefter
- Raiders: Moore strained neck; X-rays negative August 23, 2014Oakland Raiders linebacker Sio Moore was taken off on a stretcher with a neck injury in the second quarter of a preseason 31-21 loss to the Green Bay Packers on Friday night.ESPN.com news services
- Panthers' Newton bruises back; X-rays OK August 23, 2014Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton suffered a back contusion late in the second quarter of a 30-7 preseason loss against the New England Patriots on Friday night.Lee Schechter
- Jets make it official, tab QB Smith as starter August 23, 2014After months of speculation, the New York Jets finally made it official, announcing Friday what everyone expected: Geno Smith will be their Week 1 starter.Rich Cimini
- Coughlin: Schwartz toe injury 'pretty serious' August 23, 2014The New York Giants' struggling offensive line might have lost a key component when starting left guard Geoff Schwartz left Friday night's preseason game against the Jets with a dislocated toe.Dan Graziano
- Chiefs lose Stephenson to PED suspension August 23, 2014Chiefs offensive tackle Donald Stephenson has been suspended for the first four games of this season for violating the league's policy against performance-enhancing drugs.Adam Teicher
- Harbaugh says Levi's field will be fit for play August 22, 2014While laborers continued to work feverishly Friday afternoon to lay down new sod at $1.3 billion Levi's Stadium, San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh insisted the field would be ready for Sunday's preseason game with the San Diego Chargers.Paul Gutierrez
- NFL, M.I.A. settle over Super Bowl gesture August 22, 2014As the NFL levied a $12,000 fine on Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel for flashing his middle finger on the sideline during last week's game on Friday, news of the resolution of the league's $16.6 million middle finger battle was confirmed.Darren Rovell
- Bills WR Watkins to sit out game due to ribs August 23, 2014