After their stunning victory against the New England Patriots, the New York Jets hopped on their Continental charter, and took a bit of a detour to view the decked out green and white Empire State Building, lit up in their honor.
Although it’s not usual for this type of vector to take place, obviously air space must be clear at the time, and special permission granted from the FAA. After this brief exchange, and the subsequent fly-by, flight 915 touched down in Newark at 10:53 p.m with the victorious and grateful NY Jets!
NEWARK TOWER: Tower advises it is lit up. You’re flying one-niner zero visual approach.
JETS: You guys are awesome. And I will tell you later who said that. 190 headed to see the building.
TOWER: Go Jets!
JETS: Go Jets!
Just another day in the life of the New York Jets!
- Setback-free Newton to start against Browns December 20, 2014Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton suffered no setbacks on Saturday and is set to start against the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, twelve days after suffering two small fractures in his lower back during an automobile accident.David Newton
- Sources: Goodell says no L.A. team in 2015 December 20, 2014NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told the San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders and St. Louis Rams that there will not be a team that moves to Los Angeles for next season, according to league sources.Adam Schefter
- Vick: Florida St.'s Winston 'future of the NFL' December 20, 2014Once considered one of the NFL's biggest stars, New York Jets quarterback Michael Vick says he thinks Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston could be the league's next big star.ESPN.com news services
- Additional footage of Rice incident released December 20, 2014ABC News has obtained additional video of Ray Rice from the February incident that led to the running back's suspension from the NFL.ESPN.com news services
- Ex-Bucs OC, Cal coach Tedford back to CFL December 20, 2014Jeff Tedford has returned to the CFL.Associated Press
- Rams players donate $10K at Ferguson event December 20, 2014The St. Louis Rams players who did the "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" gesture treated residents of nearby Ferguson to some holiday cheer on Friday.Associated Press
- Source: Texans expect to start QB Keenum December 19, 2014Recently signed quarterback Case Keenum is expected to start for the Houston Texans against the visiting Baltimore Ravens on Sunday, according to a league source.Adam Caplan
- Cowboys list Murray (hand) as questionable December 19, 2014Dallas Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray went through his second straight practice in which he was limited and is listed as questionable on the injury report.Todd Archer
- Redskins WR Moss docked $22,050 for tirade December 19, 2014The NFL fined Santana Moss $22,050 for his tirade at halftime of the Redskins' 24-13 loss to the New York GiantsJohn Keim
- NFL or Michigan? Harbaugh said to be torn December 19, 201449ers coach Jim Harbaugh's family and friends have been encouraging him to take the University of Michigan head-coaching job, but he is torn because his heart is in the NFL.Adam Schefter
- Setback-free Newton to start against Browns December 20, 2014