After their stunning victory against the New England Patriots, the New York Jets hopped on their Continental charter, and took a bit of a detour to view the decked out green and white Empire State Building, lit up in their honor.
Although it’s not usual for this type of vector to take place, obviously air space must be clear at the time, and special permission granted from the FAA. After this brief exchange, and the subsequent fly-by, flight 915 touched down in Newark at 10:53 p.m with the victorious and grateful NY Jets!
NEWARK TOWER: Tower advises it is lit up. You’re flying one-niner zero visual approach.
JETS: You guys are awesome. And I will tell you later who said that. 190 headed to see the building.
TOWER: Go Jets!
JETS: Go Jets!
Just another day in the life of the New York Jets!
- Addae has concussion; Chargers back protocol October 25, 2014The San Diego Chargers followed proper medical procedure after safety Jahleel Addae had two scary reactions following hits in Thursday night's 35-21 loss at Denver, coach Mike McCoy said.Associated Press
- Billionaire Allen donates $100M to fight Ebola October 25, 2014Billionaire Paul Allen, who owns the Seattle Seahawks and the Portland Trail Blazers, has pledged to contribute at least $100 million to the fight against the deadly Ebola virus.ESPN.com news services
- Ravens TE Daniels out after knee procedure October 25, 2014Ravens tight end Owen Daniels will miss at least one game after undergoing a clean-up procedure on his left knee, coach John Harbaugh said Friday.Jamison Hensley
- Saints to be without RBs Thomas, Robinson October 25, 2014New Orleans Saints running backs Pierre Thomas and Khiry Robinson have both been ruled out for Sunday night's game against the Green Bay Packers with injuries.Mike Triplett
- Union: NFL, Ravens not helping in Rice probe October 25, 2014The attorney leading the NFL players' union investigation into the Ray Rice domestic violence case tells The Associated Press the league and the Baltimore Ravens have not been cooperating.Associated Press
- Colts WR Wayne won't play vs. Steelers October 25, 2014Indianapolis Colts receiver Reggie Wayne will not play Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers as he continues to deal with an elbow injury, coach Chuck Pagano told reporters Friday.ESPN.com news services
- Union questions NFL's domestic violence plan October 24, 2014The players' union has questioned why the NFL's domestic violence training and education program "treats all players as perpetrators."Associated Press
- Judge blocks sports gambling in New Jersey October 24, 2014A U.S. District Judge granted a temporary restraining order to the NCAA, NFL and other major professional sports leagues Friday, crushing a New Jersey racetrack's hopes of offering legal sports betting this weekend.David Purdum
- Jags' Ball out vs. Dolphins with biceps injury October 24, 2014The Jacksonville Jaguars will be without one starting cornerback and possibly his backup for Sunday's home game against the Miami Dolphins.Michael DiRocco
- Harvin wants to reach 'next level' with Jets October 24, 2014Wide receiver Percy Harvin says he's looking forward to being part of something special with the Jets.Jane McManus
- Addae has concussion; Chargers back protocol October 25, 2014