After their stunning victory against the New England Patriots, the New York Jets hopped on their Continental charter, and took a bit of a detour to view the decked out green and white Empire State Building, lit up in their honor.
Although it’s not usual for this type of vector to take place, obviously air space must be clear at the time, and special permission granted from the FAA. After this brief exchange, and the subsequent fly-by, flight 915 touched down in Newark at 10:53 p.m with the victorious and grateful NY Jets!
NEWARK TOWER: Tower advises it is lit up. You’re flying one-niner zero visual approach.
JETS: You guys are awesome. And I will tell you later who said that. 190 headed to see the building.
TOWER: Go Jets!
JETS: Go Jets!
Just another day in the life of the New York Jets!
- Sources: Banned salaries on owners' agenda October 1, 2014One of the topics for the NFL owners meeting next week will be to discuss how teams should be financially responsible for players that are banned while being paid full salaries, sources told ESPN on Wednesday.Ed Werder
- Colts extend injured LB Mathis through '16 October 1, 2014The Indianapolis Colts have signed linebacker Robert Mathis to a one-year contract extension through the 2016 season.Mike Wells
- Tomlin: Context of 'players' coach' bugs him October 1, 2014Two days after bristling at being called a players' coach during a pregame interview with Fox Sports, Pittsburgh's Mike Tomlin said he is "not insulted by that term in any way."Scott Brown
- Browns RB Tate practices, on pace to start October 1, 2014Running back Ben Tate returned to the practice field for the Cleveland Browns on Tuesday and will start against Tennessee if he's healthy, coach Mike Pettine said.Pat McManamon
- Piling up: Hawley among 3 losses for Falcons October 1, 2014The Atlanta Falcons have lost starting center Joe Hawley, starting right tackle Lamar Holmes and starting strong safety William Moore.Vaughn McClure
- Raiders go with Sparano, stand behind GM October 1, 2014The Oakland Raiders named Tony Sparano as their interim head coach Tuesday, less than 24 hours after firing Dennis Allen.Bill Williamson
- Bridgewater misses practice, hopeful vs. GB September 30, 2014Teddy Bridgewater did not practice Tuesday with the Minnesota Vikings, but the rookie quarterback still hopes to play in two days against the Green Bay Packers.Ben Goessling
- Cowboys LB Carter (quad) out 10-14 days September 30, 2014Dallas Cowboys linebacker Bruce Carter said he was told his strained right quadriceps will need 10-14 days to heal, knocking him out of Sunday's game against the Houston Texans.Todd Archer
- Clowney improving, eyes return in few weeks September 30, 2014Texans rookie Jadeveon Clowney said he hopes to return in a few weeks from the knee injury that has sidelined him since the season opener.Tania Ganguli
- Jennings: Don't regret leaving Green Bay September 30, 2014Greg Jennings doesn't miss Green Bay and doesn't care if Packers fans boo him on Thursday night when he and the Minnesota Vikings come to Lambeau Field.Rob Demovsky
- Sources: Banned salaries on owners' agenda October 1, 2014