Three of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s favorite receivers were recently interviewed on ESPN. The ball carriers, Deion Branch, Danny Woodhead and Wes Welker, came clean about their heights. Branch claims 5’ 9” ¾, Danny Woodhead 5’7” ¾, with Wes Welker sticking to a straight 5’9”, not bothering with tacking on additional fractions!
What the trio lack in size, they make up with heart and a strong work ethic. They all want to be role models to their fans, knowing that the average male height is right around 5’10”, claiming their motto is, “you can do what you love.”
Behind the line, Woodhead can get lost surrounded by the huge players. But he is extremely valuable, which was evident last week when the Patriots brought it on against the Indianapolis Colts. Woodhead had 60 rushing yards on five carries, which included a 36-yard touchdown rush, later tacking on four more receptions, for an additional 21 yards.
Welker had eight catches and a season-best of 89 yards, while Branch added seven catches for 71 yards. Brady insists that his small guys are great route runners and relies on them. When asked how Brady finds them, Branch quipped, “I think he misses us a lot of the time.”
Right now, the Patriots are standing tall with a 12-2 record for the season, tied with the Atlanta Falcons.
Article first published as Patriots Ball Carriers Not Short on Talent on Technorati.
- Police open criminal investigation into Manziel February 6, 2016Police open criminal investigation into Manziel
- Weekend NFL preview: Storylines to watch in Super Bowl 50 February 6, 2016Weekend NFL preview: Storylines to watch in Super Bowl 50
- Manziel's former girlfriend gets protective order February 6, 2016Manziel's former girlfriend gets protective order
- What's trending in the NFL: Father worried about Johnny Manziel; Super Bowl picks February 6, 2016What's trending in the NFL: Father worried about Johnny Manziel; Super Bowl picks
- Montana details physical woes of post-NFL life February 5, 2016Montana details physical woes of post-NFL life
- Roger Goodell's ejection proposal has merit but needs work February 5, 2016Roger Goodell's ejection proposal has merit but needs work
- Rivera: LB Davis, DE Allen to start Super Bowl 50 February 5, 2016Rivera: LB Davis, DE Allen to start Super Bowl 50
- Thomas Davis fires back at Rodney Harrison for Cam Newton comments February 5, 2016Thomas Davis fires back at Rodney Harrison for Cam Newton comments
- Goodell: What's important is where Josh Gordon 'is going' February 5, 2016Goodell: What's important is where Josh Gordon 'is going'
- Goodell would 'love' to have son play football February 5, 2016Goodell would 'love' to have son play football
- Police open criminal investigation into Manziel February 6, 2016