Three of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s favorite receivers were recently interviewed on ESPN. The ball carriers, Deion Branch, Danny Woodhead and Wes Welker, came clean about their heights. Branch claims 5’ 9” ¾, Danny Woodhead 5’7” ¾, with Wes Welker sticking to a straight 5’9”, not bothering with tacking on additional fractions!
What the trio lack in size, they make up with heart and a strong work ethic. They all want to be role models to their fans, knowing that the average male height is right around 5’10”, claiming their motto is, “you can do what you love.”
Behind the line, Woodhead can get lost surrounded by the huge players. But he is extremely valuable, which was evident last week when the Patriots brought it on against the Indianapolis Colts. Woodhead had 60 rushing yards on five carries, which included a 36-yard touchdown rush, later tacking on four more receptions, for an additional 21 yards.
Welker had eight catches and a season-best of 89 yards, while Branch added seven catches for 71 yards. Brady insists that his small guys are great route runners and relies on them. When asked how Brady finds them, Branch quipped, “I think he misses us a lot of the time.”
Right now, the Patriots are standing tall with a 12-2 record for the season, tied with the Atlanta Falcons.
Article first published as Patriots Ball Carriers Not Short on Talent on Technorati.
- Long road back: 49ers' Lattimore to practice October 30, 2014Wednesday is Marcus Lattimore's 23rd birthday, and at the risk of being sounding overly dramatic, he also feels reborn.Paul Gutierrez
- Romo: Will play Sunday if pain is tolerable October 30, 2014Cowboys QB Tony Romo says he will play Sunday against the Cardinals if his back pain is tolerable.Todd Archer
- Cards' Peterson (concussion) cleared to play October 30, 2014It took Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson less than two days after being briefly knocked unconscious by a teammate's hit to pass the NFL's concussion protocol.Josh Weinfuss
- Jail video shows Randle joking after arrest October 30, 2014Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle cracked jokes and acted flippantly while being booked in the Frisco, Texas, city jail following his Oct. 13 arrest for shoplifting, footage obtained by CBS affiliate KTVT shows.Tim MacMahon
- Jaguars put starting CB Ball (biceps) on IR October 30, 2014The Jaguars placed starting cornerback Alan Ball on injured reserve, a move that could mark the end of his tenure with the team.Michael DiRocco
- Seahawks welcome team after HS shooting October 30, 2014The Seattle Seahawks hosted the Marysville-Pilchuck High School football team Tuesday, welcoming the players to their facility just days after a tragic school shooting left three people dead.ESPN.com news services
- Vick excited for start, warned not to fumble October 30, 2014Along with a promotion, Michael Vick received a word of warning from New York Jets coach Rex Ryan: Don't fumble.Rich Cimini
- RG III to start against Vikings, sources say October 30, 2014Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III will start Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings, multiple sources confirmed to ESPN.ESPN.com news services
- Belichick: Peyton is best QB I've ever faced October 29, 2014New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick said Wednesday that Peyton Manning is the best quarterback he has faced in his 40 years coaching in the NFL.Lee Schechter
- Burfict has knee surgery, likely out 2 games October 29, 2014Cincinnati Bengals Pro Bowl linebacker Vontaze Burfict will miss Sunday's game against the Jacksonville Jaguars -- and likely next Thursday night's game against the Cleveland Browns -- coach Marvin Lewis said during his news conference Wednesday.Coley Harvey
- Long road back: 49ers' Lattimore to practice October 30, 2014