Three of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s favorite receivers were recently interviewed on ESPN. The ball carriers, Deion Branch, Danny Woodhead and Wes Welker, came clean about their heights. Branch claims 5’ 9” ¾, Danny Woodhead 5’7” ¾, with Wes Welker sticking to a straight 5’9”, not bothering with tacking on additional fractions!
What the trio lack in size, they make up with heart and a strong work ethic. They all want to be role models to their fans, knowing that the average male height is right around 5’10”, claiming their motto is, “you can do what you love.”
Behind the line, Woodhead can get lost surrounded by the huge players. But he is extremely valuable, which was evident last week when the Patriots brought it on against the Indianapolis Colts. Woodhead had 60 rushing yards on five carries, which included a 36-yard touchdown rush, later tacking on four more receptions, for an additional 21 yards.
Welker had eight catches and a season-best of 89 yards, while Branch added seven catches for 71 yards. Brady insists that his small guys are great route runners and relies on them. When asked how Brady finds them, Branch quipped, “I think he misses us a lot of the time.”
Right now, the Patriots are standing tall with a 12-2 record for the season, tied with the Atlanta Falcons.
Article first published as Patriots Ball Carriers Not Short on Talent on Technorati.
- Cardinals' Mathieu out due to torn ACL, LCL December 9, 2013Arizona Cardinals rookie free safety Tyrann Mathieu tore the ACL and LCL in his left knee during Sunday's 30-10 win over the St. Louis Rams, coach Bruce Arians said Monday.Josh Weinfuss
- Peterson: No tears or Lisfranc injury to foot December 9, 2013Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson said Monday that an MRI on his sprained foot revealed that no ligaments were torn and also ruled out a Lisfranc injury.ESPN.com news services
- Hamstring puts Jones-Drew's status in doubt December 9, 2013Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew will not practice until Friday at the earliest and his status for Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills is in doubt because of a hamstring strain.Michael DiRocco
- No tailgating parties at Super Bowl stadium December 9, 2013Forget about setting up that keg or buffet before this season's Super Bowl in New Jersey. There will be no tailgating, according to the game's committee CEO Al Kelly.Jane McManus
- Source: Panthers fear Stewart has torn MCL December 9, 2013The Carolina Panthers believe running back Jonathan Stewart has a torn MCL in his right knee, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Sources: Bengals CB Newman out 1-3 games December 9, 2013Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Terence Newman could miss the remainder of the regular season because of a sprained MCL in his knee, sources told ESPN Senior NFL Analyst Chris Mortensen.ESPN.com news services
- Source: Gronkowski out; tears ACL, MCL December 9, 2013Rob Gronkowski tore the ACL and MCL in his right knee in the New England Patriots' 27-26 victory over the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Peyton after win: Cold critics can 'shove it' December 9, 2013Peyton Manning had a pointed response Sunday to those who say his game suffers in games played in cold weather after he threw for 397 yards and four touchdowns in the Denver Broncos' 51-28 victory over the Tennessee Titans.ESPN.com news services
- Sherman: Bad calls only reason Seattle lost December 9, 2013Although the San Francisco 49ers defeated the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday, preventing Seattle from clinching the NFC West title, cornerback Richard Sherman was unimpressed, blaming the loss on "questionable calls" from officials in the game.ESPN.com news services
- Let it snow! Winter weather impacts NFL games December 9, 2013Heavy snow fell until early in the fourth quarter of Sunday's Philadelphia-Detroit game, covering the playing surface at Lincoln Financial Field and greatly affecting the strategy in a game won by the Philadelphia Eagles, 34-20.Ashley Fox
- Cardinals' Mathieu out due to torn ACL, LCL December 9, 2013