Three of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s favorite receivers were recently interviewed on ESPN. The ball carriers, Deion Branch, Danny Woodhead and Wes Welker, came clean about their heights. Branch claims 5’ 9” ¾, Danny Woodhead 5’7” ¾, with Wes Welker sticking to a straight 5’9”, not bothering with tacking on additional fractions!
What the trio lack in size, they make up with heart and a strong work ethic. They all want to be role models to their fans, knowing that the average male height is right around 5’10”, claiming their motto is, “you can do what you love.”
Behind the line, Woodhead can get lost surrounded by the huge players. But he is extremely valuable, which was evident last week when the Patriots brought it on against the Indianapolis Colts. Woodhead had 60 rushing yards on five carries, which included a 36-yard touchdown rush, later tacking on four more receptions, for an additional 21 yards.
Welker had eight catches and a season-best of 89 yards, while Branch added seven catches for 71 yards. Brady insists that his small guys are great route runners and relies on them. When asked how Brady finds them, Branch quipped, “I think he misses us a lot of the time.”
Right now, the Patriots are standing tall with a 12-2 record for the season, tied with the Atlanta Falcons.
Article first published as Patriots Ball Carriers Not Short on Talent on Technorati.
- Ravens' Watson helps feed flood relief workers August 26, 2016Ravens' Watson helps feed flood relief workers
- Cowboys: Romo OK after exiting with back injury August 26, 2016Cowboys: Romo OK after exiting with back injury
- Falcons not concerned with Julio Jones' injury; Keanu Neal (knee) to be examined Friday August 26, 2016Falcons not concerned with Julio Jones' injury; Keanu Neal (knee) to be examined Friday
- Report: Pats' Brady to play Friday vs. Panthers August 26, 2016Report: Pats' Brady to play Friday vs. Panthers
- Two Las Vegas sites preferred for NFL stadium August 25, 2016Two Las Vegas sites preferred for NFL stadium
- Kubiak: Experience has 'zero' impact on QB battle August 25, 2016Kubiak: Experience has 'zero' impact on QB battle
- Vikings' Peterson to sit out entire preseason August 25, 2016Vikings' Peterson to sit out entire preseason
- Thomas on tweet to Norman: Was speaking fact August 25, 2016Thomas on tweet to Norman: Was speaking fact
- How did Andrew Luck splurge after agreeing to $140 million deal? A new flip phone August 25, 2016How did Andrew Luck splurge after agreeing to $140 million deal? A new flip phone
- Source: Coughlin joins competition committee August 25, 2016Source: Coughlin joins competition committee
- Ravens' Watson helps feed flood relief workers August 26, 2016