You love Justin Bieber.
You wait for his tweets. You’re in good company, as five millions others appear to be glued to his latest move, delivered via Twitter. Apparently an ‘inside source’ at Twitter has divulged to Dustin Curtis, a popular blogger, that racks and racks of servers are dedicated to the Bieb!
Not only does the company have to deal with the outgoing 500 million, it also has to deal with the endless re-tweets, as Bieber utilizes approximately 3% of Twitters server infrastructure at any given time. Although not as extreme, Curtis tweets, “It’s not unusual for heavy hitters to have their own servers; most of the popular users on Twitter have dedicated servers for their accounts.”
Twitters Top Ten Most Listed Users features Bieber at the number one spot. Twitter Lists feature is a way to organize the people you’re following on Twitter, or find new people. The most followed Twitter list, however, changes daily, and is currently led by Lady GaGa. She is followed by Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, President Obama, Ellen Degeneres, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Oprah, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.
Twitter has experienced phenomenal growth, with over 300,000 people a day signing up for new accounts on an average day. Later this year, Twitter will be moving its technical operating infrastructure into a new custom-built data center in the Salt Lake City area!
- Chargers FG caps 2nd-half rally over 49ers December 21, 2014Nick Novak kicked a 40-yard field goal nearly 5 minutes into overtime after Philip Rivers rallied San Diego back from a 21-point deficit in the second half, keeping the Chargers' slim playoff hopes alive with a 38-35 victory over the San Francisco 49ers.Associated Press
- Big-play Jackson questions 'naive' Eagles D December 21, 2014The satisfaction leapt from his comments, the once-spurned receiver burning his former team -- first on the field, then with his words. The Redskins' DeSean Jackson finished with four catches for 126 yards against his former team, the Eagles.John Keim
- Game Balls: 49ers vs. Chargers December 21, 2014Visit ESPN.com for the complete story.Media
- Eagles' playoff chances hurt as Redskins win December 21, 2014The Philadelphia Eagles are on the brink of elimination from the playoff race after a 27-24 loss to the Washington Redskins on Saturday.Associated Press
- Browns' Gipson, tied for INT lead, lands on IR December 21, 2014The Cleveland Browns placed safety Tashaun Gipson on injured reserve Saturday, ending the season of the league's interception leader for much of the year.Jeremy Fowler
- Sources: Goodell says no L.A. team in 2015 December 21, 2014NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told the San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders and St. Louis Rams that there will not be a team that moves to Los Angeles for next season, according to league sources.Adam Schefter
- Pats' Edelman, Blount out Sunday vs. Jets December 21, 2014The New England Patriots will be without leading receiver Julian Edelman and running back LeGarrette Blount for Sunday's road game against the New York Jets, the team announced Saturday.Mike Reiss
- Setback-free Newton to start against Browns December 20, 2014Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton suffered no setbacks on Saturday and is set to start against the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, twelve days after suffering two small fractures in his lower back during an automobile accident.David Newton
- Vick: Florida St.'s Winston 'future of the NFL' December 20, 2014Once considered one of the NFL's biggest stars, New York Jets quarterback Michael Vick says he thinks Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston could be the league's next big star.ESPN.com news services
- Cowboys RB Murray still undecided on status December 20, 2014Cowboys star running back DeMarco Murray will probably wait until Sunday morning to make a final decision on his playing status for Dallas' home game against the Colts.Ed Werder
- Chargers FG caps 2nd-half rally over 49ers December 21, 2014