You love Justin Bieber.
You wait for his tweets. You’re in good company, as five millions others appear to be glued to his latest move, delivered via Twitter. Apparently an ‘inside source’ at Twitter has divulged to Dustin Curtis, a popular blogger, that racks and racks of servers are dedicated to the Bieb!
Not only does the company have to deal with the outgoing 500 million, it also has to deal with the endless re-tweets, as Bieber utilizes approximately 3% of Twitters server infrastructure at any given time. Although not as extreme, Curtis tweets, “It’s not unusual for heavy hitters to have their own servers; most of the popular users on Twitter have dedicated servers for their accounts.”
Twitters Top Ten Most Listed Users features Bieber at the number one spot. Twitter Lists feature is a way to organize the people you’re following on Twitter, or find new people. The most followed Twitter list, however, changes daily, and is currently led by Lady GaGa. She is followed by Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, President Obama, Ellen Degeneres, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Oprah, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.
Twitter has experienced phenomenal growth, with over 300,000 people a day signing up for new accounts on an average day. Later this year, Twitter will be moving its technical operating infrastructure into a new custom-built data center in the Salt Lake City area!
- Sources: Browns add LB Dansby, S Whitner March 12, 2014The Cleveland Browns reached agreements with former Arizona Cardinals linebacker Karlos Dansby and former San Francisco 49ers safety Donte Whitner, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Cowboys cut Pro-Bowler Ware; Broncos next? March 12, 2014The Dallas Cowboys have released pass-rusher DeMarcus Ware.Todd Archer
- Source: Raiders give OT Howard $30M deal March 12, 2014The Oakland Raiders have reached agreement with former Jets offensive tackle Austin Howard on a five-year, $30 million deal, including $15 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Sources: Talib gets $57M deal from Broncos March 12, 2014The Denver Broncos and cornerback Aqib Talib have reached agreement on a six-year, $57 million deal that includes $26 million guaranteed, according to sources.ESPN.com news services
- Sources: Saints agree with S Byrd for $54M March 12, 2014The New Orleans Saints reached agreement with former Buffalo Bills safety Jairus Byrd on a six-year, $54 million deal that includes $28 million guaranteed, sources told ESPN's Josina Anderson and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Jags send former 1st-rounder Gabbert to SF March 12, 2014The Jacksonville Jaguars have traded quarterback Blaine Gabbert to the San Francisco 49ers.Michael DiRocco
- Source: Cowboys to cut veteran WR Austin March 12, 2014The Dallas Cowboys have opted to release eight-year veteran wide receiver Miles Austin, according to a source.Todd Archer
- Chargers add ex-Colts RB Brown to backfield March 12, 2014Looking for a running back to complement every-down back Ryan Mathews, the San Diego Chargers appear to have found their match in Indianapolis Colts free agent Donald Brown.Eric D. Williams
- Dolphins trade Martin to 49ers for draft pick March 12, 2014The Miami Dolphins traded offensive tackle Jonathan Martin to the San Francisco 49ers for a conditional draft pick on Tuesday.ESPN.com news services
- Bears part ways with veteran DE Peppers March 12, 2014The Chicago Bears released veteran defensive end Julius Peppers on Tuesday.Michael C. Wright
- Sources: Browns add LB Dansby, S Whitner March 12, 2014