You love Justin Bieber.
You wait for his tweets. You’re in good company, as five millions others appear to be glued to his latest move, delivered via Twitter. Apparently an ‘inside source’ at Twitter has divulged to Dustin Curtis, a popular blogger, that racks and racks of servers are dedicated to the Bieb!
Not only does the company have to deal with the outgoing 500 million, it also has to deal with the endless re-tweets, as Bieber utilizes approximately 3% of Twitters server infrastructure at any given time. Although not as extreme, Curtis tweets, “It’s not unusual for heavy hitters to have their own servers; most of the popular users on Twitter have dedicated servers for their accounts.”
Twitters Top Ten Most Listed Users features Bieber at the number one spot. Twitter Lists feature is a way to organize the people you’re following on Twitter, or find new people. The most followed Twitter list, however, changes daily, and is currently led by Lady GaGa. She is followed by Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, President Obama, Ellen Degeneres, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Oprah, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.
Twitter has experienced phenomenal growth, with over 300,000 people a day signing up for new accounts on an average day. Later this year, Twitter will be moving its technical operating infrastructure into a new custom-built data center in the Salt Lake City area!
- Cowboys retain LB McClain with 1-year deal April 1, 2015Linebacker Rolando McClain has accepted a one-year contract to remain with the Cowboys, sources told ESPN.Ed Werder
- Hardy probe: NFL gets access to Holder photos April 1, 2015The NFL will get to look at seven photographs that were submitted into evidence from Greg Hardy's domestic violence case as a part of its investigation into whether the former Panthers defensive end violated the league's personal conduct policy.David Newton
- Saints extend OG Evans' deal, sign CB Wilson April 1, 2015The New Orleans Saints on Wednesday signed guard Jahri Evans to a one-year contract extension and also signed free-agent cornerback Kyle Wilson to a one-year deal.ESPN.com news services
- Man who sued Hernandez takes stand in trial April 1, 2015Alexander Bradley, the man who sued Aaron Hernandez over being shot in the face in Florida, has taken the stand in the former New England Patriots player's murder trial.Associated Press
- Romo: I would have taken pay cut for Murray April 1, 2015Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo says he was willing to take a cut in pay from his $17 million base salary in 2015 to keep DeMarco Murray, who left to sign with the rival Eagles.Todd Archer
- Alouettes GM: '50-50' chance of signing Sam April 1, 2015The Montreal Alouettes GM said the CFL team has a "50-50" chance of signing Michael Sam for the upcoming season.ESPN.com news services
- Walk on wild side: Lions OK with Levy's trips April 1, 2015Detroit Lions linebacker DeAndre Levy posted pictures of his wing walking in Washington earlier this month -- but the team seems to have no problem with Levy's dangerous offseason activities.Michael Rothstein
- Sources: Mariota doesn't plan to attend draft April 1, 2015Just as Jameis Winston does not plan to attend next month's NFL draft in Chicago, neither does Marcus Mariota, per league sources. Mariota informed the league he plans to be in Hawaii among his family and the community that helped raise himAdam Schefter
- Winston: 'I'm the best player in the draft' April 1, 2015When asked why the Tampa Bay Buccaneers should make him the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, Jameis Winston didn't hesitate: "Because I'm the best player in the draft."Pat Yasinskas
- Bowe predicts more TDs: 'Sit back and watch' March 31, 2015Browns receiver Dwayne Bowe, who had zero touchdown catches last year in Kansas City, thinks he can go "back to the Dwayne Bowe of 2010," when he had 15.Jeremy Fowler
- Cowboys retain LB McClain with 1-year deal April 1, 2015