You love Justin Bieber.
You wait for his tweets. You’re in good company, as five millions others appear to be glued to his latest move, delivered via Twitter. Apparently an ‘inside source’ at Twitter has divulged to Dustin Curtis, a popular blogger, that racks and racks of servers are dedicated to the Bieb!
Not only does the company have to deal with the outgoing 500 million, it also has to deal with the endless re-tweets, as Bieber utilizes approximately 3% of Twitters server infrastructure at any given time. Although not as extreme, Curtis tweets, “It’s not unusual for heavy hitters to have their own servers; most of the popular users on Twitter have dedicated servers for their accounts.”
Twitters Top Ten Most Listed Users features Bieber at the number one spot. Twitter Lists feature is a way to organize the people you’re following on Twitter, or find new people. The most followed Twitter list, however, changes daily, and is currently led by Lady GaGa. She is followed by Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, President Obama, Ellen Degeneres, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Oprah, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.
Twitter has experienced phenomenal growth, with over 300,000 people a day signing up for new accounts on an average day. Later this year, Twitter will be moving its technical operating infrastructure into a new custom-built data center in the Salt Lake City area!
- Foster: 'Rookie mode' to prove myself again October 30, 2014Arian Foster says he had to prove himself to the Texans again this season after returning from back surgery.Tania Ganguli
- Judge rejects Hernandez trial venue change October 30, 2014A Massachusetts judge has rejected a request from former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez to move his trial in the fatal shooting of a semi-professional football player to a different county.Associated Press
- Good dawgs: Browns vie for collar charms October 30, 2014Browns defensive coaches have provided their players with spiked black dog collars, and each exceptional effort play garners a dog bone charm to attach to the collar.Jeremy Fowler
- Cowboys hopeful as Romo doesn't practice October 30, 2014Tony Romo did not take part in Thursday's walkthrough and will not practice, but Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett remains hopeful the quarterback can play in Sunday's game against the Arizona CardinalsTodd Archer
- Titans' Lewan pleads guilty to misdemeanors October 30, 2014Tennessee Titans rookie Taylor Lewan has pleaded guilty to two misdemeanors to resolve an assault case involving an Ohio State fan.Associated Press
- Source: Packers' Lang avoids ankle surgery October 30, 2014T.J. Lang avoided any major structural damage to his injured left ankle, and the Packers' starting right guard will not need surgery, according to a source.Rob Demovsky
- How rosters of Broncos, Patriots were built October 30, 2014Patriots, Broncos differ in philosophy to capitalize on QBs' championship windowsKevin Seifert
- Pettine senses frustration from 'quiet' Manziel October 30, 2014The Cleveland Browns have sensed Johnny Manziel's frustration as a backup through seven NFL games because the rookie quarterback is a competitor that's accustomed to producing on the field, coach Mike Pettine said Wednesday.Jeremy Fowler
- Cowboys LB Durant (biceps) out for season October 30, 2014The Cowboys put LB Justin Durant (torn biceps) on season-ending injured reserve.Calvin Watkins
- RG III to start against Vikings, sources say October 30, 2014Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III will start Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings, multiple sources confirmed to ESPN.ESPN.com news services
- Foster: 'Rookie mode' to prove myself again October 30, 2014