You love Justin Bieber.
You wait for his tweets. You’re in good company, as five millions others appear to be glued to his latest move, delivered via Twitter. Apparently an ‘inside source’ at Twitter has divulged to Dustin Curtis, a popular blogger, that racks and racks of servers are dedicated to the Bieb!
Not only does the company have to deal with the outgoing 500 million, it also has to deal with the endless re-tweets, as Bieber utilizes approximately 3% of Twitters server infrastructure at any given time. Although not as extreme, Curtis tweets, “It’s not unusual for heavy hitters to have their own servers; most of the popular users on Twitter have dedicated servers for their accounts.”
Twitters Top Ten Most Listed Users features Bieber at the number one spot. Twitter Lists feature is a way to organize the people you’re following on Twitter, or find new people. The most followed Twitter list, however, changes daily, and is currently led by Lady GaGa. She is followed by Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, President Obama, Ellen Degeneres, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Oprah, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.
Twitter has experienced phenomenal growth, with over 300,000 people a day signing up for new accounts on an average day. Later this year, Twitter will be moving its technical operating infrastructure into a new custom-built data center in the Salt Lake City area!
- Ex-Cowboys say Bears are less 'Hollywood' December 6, 2013While complimentary overall of the Dallas Cowboys, three former members of that organization now with the Chicago Bears considered the atmosphere there "Hollywood" compared to their current locale.Michael C. Wright
- Surging Jags hand Texans 11th loss in row December 6, 2013Jaguars hand Texans 11th straight loss, 27-20Associated Press
- Report: Martin, investigator have meeting December 6, 2013Miami Dolphins offensive tackle Jonathan Martin will meet with NFL lead investigator Ted Wells on Thursday in Los Angeles for a second round of questioning, a source told ESPN.com.ESPN.com news services
- Jets' Reed: I'm the same player I've been December 6, 2013Ed Reed believes critics are out to get him because he's Ed Reed.Rich Cimini
- Seahawk pretends to be Wilson to get table December 6, 2013Seattle Seahawks defensive lineman Michael Bennett knows the proper name to drop around town to get what he wants.Terry Blount
- Suh hopes bad-guy perception will change December 6, 2013Ndamukong Suh wants to change. Not necessarily the way he plays, but how he is perceived because of how he plays.Michael Rothstein
- Colts' Richardson humbled by his demotion December 6, 2013Indianapolis Colts running back Trent Richardson was humbled when he ran onto the field as a backup in the first quarter against the Tennessee Titans last weekendMike Wells
- Cutler practices but still not ready to return December 6, 2013Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler won't play against Dallas Cowboys.Michael C. Wright
- Steelers' Bell feeling good after scary hit December 6, 2013Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell, recovering from a concussion, is on track to face the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.Scott Brown
- Cardinals QB Palmer slowed by elbow injury December 6, 2013Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer was limited in practice for the second straight day because of a right elbow injury suffered early in Sunday's 24-21 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.Josh Weinfuss
- Ex-Cowboys say Bears are less 'Hollywood' December 6, 2013