You love Justin Bieber.
You wait for his tweets. You’re in good company, as five millions others appear to be glued to his latest move, delivered via Twitter. Apparently an ‘inside source’ at Twitter has divulged to Dustin Curtis, a popular blogger, that racks and racks of servers are dedicated to the Bieb!
Not only does the company have to deal with the outgoing 500 million, it also has to deal with the endless re-tweets, as Bieber utilizes approximately 3% of Twitters server infrastructure at any given time. Although not as extreme, Curtis tweets, “It’s not unusual for heavy hitters to have their own servers; most of the popular users on Twitter have dedicated servers for their accounts.”
Twitters Top Ten Most Listed Users features Bieber at the number one spot. Twitter Lists feature is a way to organize the people you’re following on Twitter, or find new people. The most followed Twitter list, however, changes daily, and is currently led by Lady GaGa. She is followed by Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, President Obama, Ellen Degeneres, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Oprah, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.
Twitter has experienced phenomenal growth, with over 300,000 people a day signing up for new accounts on an average day. Later this year, Twitter will be moving its technical operating infrastructure into a new custom-built data center in the Salt Lake City area!
- Sources: NFL says Kuechly ejection unjustified October 21, 2014The NFL has informed Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera that linebacker Luke Kuechly should not have been ejected for inadvertent contact with an official in Sunday's loss to the Green Bay Packers, a league source told ESPN's Ed Werder.ESPN.com news services
- Steelers rally to overwhelm sloppy Texans October 21, 2014Ben Roethlisberger passed for two touchdowns and wide receiver Antonio Brown added another on a gadget play during a dizzying stretch late in the first half, helping the Steelers rally for a 30-23 win over the mistake-prone Texans on Monday.Associated Press
- Sources: 49ers' Smith could see ban reduced October 21, 2014The San Francisco 49ers could get help sooner than expected following this week's bye because outside linebacker Aldon Smith's nine-game suspension could be reduced for good behavior, league sources confirmed Monday.Chris Mortensen
- Peyton's plan: Game of keep-away his idea October 21, 2014The Broncos' game of keep-away with Peyton Manning was planned ahead of the quarterback's record-setting TD pass.Jeff Legwold
- Leagues seek to halt New Jersey sports betting October 21, 2014The NCAA, NFL and other major professional sports leagues will file for immediate injunctive relief Tuesday to prevent New Jersey from offering sports betting this weekend, according to State Sen. Raymond Lesniak.David Purdum
- St. Louis releases Pettis, eyes other moves October 21, 2014In something of a surprise move, the St. Louis Rams released wide receiver Austin Pettis on Monday afternoon.Nick Wagoner
- Harvin, Jets 'all smiles' with new opportunity October 21, 2014Percy Harvin went from the defending Super Bowl champions to a 1-6 team, but his upbeat demeanor Monday suggested he's glad to be out of Seattle.Rich Cimini
- Bengals' Green makes progress, may return October 20, 2014The battered Bengals, shut out at Indianapolis over the weekend, may get a lift Sunday if the good news they have been receiving of late about A.J. Green's toe injury continues throughout the week.Coley Harvey
- Trestman: Marshall didn't single out Cutler October 20, 2014Bears coach Marc Trestman disputed the notion that receiver Brandon Marshall called out Jay Cutler during a few tense moments in the locker room on the heels of the club's 27-14 loss Sunday to the Dolphins, but also said "I didn't hear all of it."Michael C. Wright
- Carroll: Disappointed Harvin didn't work out October 20, 2014Seahawks coach Pete Carroll is known as a players' coach, a man who has his players' back and the ability to get them to buy in to what he's trying to accomplish. That's why it bothers him that he couldn't find a way to work things out with Percy Harvin.Terry Blount
- Sources: NFL says Kuechly ejection unjustified October 21, 2014