You love Justin Bieber.
You wait for his tweets. You’re in good company, as five millions others appear to be glued to his latest move, delivered via Twitter. Apparently an ‘inside source’ at Twitter has divulged to Dustin Curtis, a popular blogger, that racks and racks of servers are dedicated to the Bieb!
Not only does the company have to deal with the outgoing 500 million, it also has to deal with the endless re-tweets, as Bieber utilizes approximately 3% of Twitters server infrastructure at any given time. Although not as extreme, Curtis tweets, “It’s not unusual for heavy hitters to have their own servers; most of the popular users on Twitter have dedicated servers for their accounts.”
Twitters Top Ten Most Listed Users features Bieber at the number one spot. Twitter Lists feature is a way to organize the people you’re following on Twitter, or find new people. The most followed Twitter list, however, changes daily, and is currently led by Lady GaGa. She is followed by Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, President Obama, Ellen Degeneres, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Oprah, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.
Twitter has experienced phenomenal growth, with over 300,000 people a day signing up for new accounts on an average day. Later this year, Twitter will be moving its technical operating infrastructure into a new custom-built data center in the Salt Lake City area!
- White, Martin inactive for Bucs-Falcons tilt September 18, 2014Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White and Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy and running back Doug Martin have been declared inactive for Thursday night's game.ESPN.com news services
- Anheuser-Busch contract includes out clause September 18, 2014If Anheuser-Busch wanted to drop its sponsorship of the NFL, it potentially could without penalty.Darren Rovell
- Bears' Marshall: Don't rush to judge players September 18, 2014Bears receiver Brandon Marshall spoke out about domestic violence in the NFL, urging people not to rush to judgment before they hear both sides of a story.ESPN.com news services
- WR Simpson, in more trouble, cut by Vikes September 18, 2014The Minnesota Vikings have released wide receiver Jerome Simpson.Associated Press
- Seahawks' Thomas refocused following loss September 18, 2014Seattle Seahawks All-Pro free safety Earl Thomas was disappointed in his effort at San Diego, but said the loss has revived his desire to succeed.Terry Blount
- Unsportsmanlike conduct costs Jets' Richardson September 18, 2014Jets defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson was informed by the NFL Thursday that he was being fined in addition to getting the unsportsmanlike behavior penalty in Green Bay last Sunday.Jane McManus
- Cam: Hardy saga not 'much of a distraction' September 18, 2014Cam Newton says the legal situation surrounding sack leader Greg Hardy won't be a distraction for the Carolina Panthers in Sunday night's primetime game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.David Newton
- Shanahan: Using Manziel 'always an option' September 18, 2014The Cleveland Browns will always have a set of plays ready for Johnny Manziel to run, but whether they use play is decided during the game, according to offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan.Pat McManamon
- Walsh: Finding underdog value in Week 3 September 18, 2014Why 0-2 ATS NFL teams such as the Jaguars are smart bets this weekPJ Walsh
- Vick: Goodell doesn't deserve to lose his job September 18, 2014New York Jets quarterback Michael Vick, who was on the receiving end of Roger Goodell's justice seven years ago, defended the embattled NFL commissioner, saying Thursday that Goodell doesn't deserve to lose his job.Rich Cimini
- White, Martin inactive for Bucs-Falcons tilt September 18, 2014