You love Justin Bieber.
You wait for his tweets. You’re in good company, as five millions others appear to be glued to his latest move, delivered via Twitter. Apparently an ‘inside source’ at Twitter has divulged to Dustin Curtis, a popular blogger, that racks and racks of servers are dedicated to the Bieb!
Not only does the company have to deal with the outgoing 500 million, it also has to deal with the endless re-tweets, as Bieber utilizes approximately 3% of Twitters server infrastructure at any given time. Although not as extreme, Curtis tweets, “It’s not unusual for heavy hitters to have their own servers; most of the popular users on Twitter have dedicated servers for their accounts.”
Twitters Top Ten Most Listed Users features Bieber at the number one spot. Twitter Lists feature is a way to organize the people you’re following on Twitter, or find new people. The most followed Twitter list, however, changes daily, and is currently led by Lady GaGa. She is followed by Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, President Obama, Ellen Degeneres, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Oprah, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.
Twitter has experienced phenomenal growth, with over 300,000 people a day signing up for new accounts on an average day. Later this year, Twitter will be moving its technical operating infrastructure into a new custom-built data center in the Salt Lake City area!
- Cardinals' Abraham arrested on DUI in June July 29, 2014Arizona Cardinals outside linebacker John Abraham was arrested June 29 on a charge of DUI, according to Dekalb County, Georgia, jail records.Josh Weinfuss
- NFL VP defends length of Rice suspension July 29, 2014NFL senior vice president of labor policy Adolpho Birch strongly disagreed Monday that the league's two-game suspension of Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice for his domestic violence arrest was too light.ESPN.com news services
- Patriots claim injured RB Gaffney on waivers July 29, 2014The New England Patriots have claimed running back Tyler Gaffney on waivers from the Carolina Panthers, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reports.Mike Reiss
- Trump: I'm 'very, very unlikely' to buy Bills July 29, 2014In an interview Monday with Fox News, billionaire Donald Trump said he is "very, very unlikely" to become the next owner of the Buffalo Bills.Mike Rodak
- Source: Gordon hires former Sherman rep July 29, 2014Browns WR Josh Gordon, facing a one-year suspension, has hired attorney Maurice Suh, who helped Seahawks CB Richard Sherman win his appeal of a contested positive test, a league source said.Adam Schefter
- Colts release Rainey for rules violation July 29, 2014Running back Chris Rainey, released Monday by the Indianapolis Colts, was let go for a violation of an undisclosed team rule, coach Chuck Pagano said Monday.Mike Wells
- Panthers' Benjamin has bone bruise, to rest July 29, 2014The Carolina Panthers will be without first-round draft pick Kelvin Benjamin for at least a few days after an MRI taken on Monday determined the former Florida State wide receiver had a bone bruise in his left knee.David Newton
- Lions table talks with Suh until after season July 28, 2014Ndamukong Suh will not have a deal until at least after the 2014 NFL season.Michael Rothstein
- Giants set lofty 70 percent goal for Manning July 28, 2014The New York Giants are setting lofty goals for their new offense in 2014 as new quarterbacks coach Danny Langsdorf has challenged Eli Manning to complete 70 percent of his passes.Dan Graziano
- Jets OT helped create 185 smiles in Sudan July 28, 2014There are 185 new smiles in Sudan these days, and Oday Aboushi helped create them all.Associated Press
- Cardinals' Abraham arrested on DUI in June July 29, 2014