You love Justin Bieber.
You wait for his tweets. You’re in good company, as five millions others appear to be glued to his latest move, delivered via Twitter. Apparently an ‘inside source’ at Twitter has divulged to Dustin Curtis, a popular blogger, that racks and racks of servers are dedicated to the Bieb!
Not only does the company have to deal with the outgoing 500 million, it also has to deal with the endless re-tweets, as Bieber utilizes approximately 3% of Twitters server infrastructure at any given time. Although not as extreme, Curtis tweets, “It’s not unusual for heavy hitters to have their own servers; most of the popular users on Twitter have dedicated servers for their accounts.”
Twitters Top Ten Most Listed Users features Bieber at the number one spot. Twitter Lists feature is a way to organize the people you’re following on Twitter, or find new people. The most followed Twitter list, however, changes daily, and is currently led by Lady GaGa. She is followed by Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, President Obama, Ellen Degeneres, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Oprah, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.
Twitter has experienced phenomenal growth, with over 300,000 people a day signing up for new accounts on an average day. Later this year, Twitter will be moving its technical operating infrastructure into a new custom-built data center in the Salt Lake City area!
- Gronkowski says he's cleared for Week 1 September 1, 2014Rob Gronkowski said Monday that he has been cleared to play in the New England Patriots' opener Sunday against the Miami Dolphins.Mike Reiss
- Coughlin: Beckham 'couple, 3 weeks away' September 1, 2014Rookie receiver Odell Beckham Jr. could be weeks away from returning for the New York Giants.Dan Graziano
- Chiefs QB Smith signs extension September 1, 2014The Kansas City Chiefs have signed Alex Smith to an extension that will keep him as their quarterback for the long term.Adam Teicher
- Ex-Steeler Harrison retires, cites family September 1, 2014James Harrison, a five-time Pro Bowl linebacker and former NFL Defensive Player of the Year, is retiring from football.Coley Harvey
- Sam goes unclaimed after Rams release him September 1, 2014Michael Sam went unclaimed on waivers Sunday and is now free to sign with an NFL team's practice squad.ESPN.com news services
- Baylor unveils RG III statue at new stadium September 1, 2014RG III in bronze and boats on the water at Baylor.Associated Press
- 49ers' McDonald arrested for domestic violence September 1, 2014San Francisco 49ers defensive lineman Ray McDonald has been arrested on domestic violence charges.Paul Gutierrez
- Cut by Bengals, S Manning back with Texans September 1, 2014Safety Danieal Manning never wanted to leave the Houston Texans, and after an offseason away, he's getting another opportunity with the team. Manning is flying to Houston on Sunday and is expected to sign with the team on Monday pending a physical.Tania Ganguli
- Cornerback-thin Jets add McFadden off waivers August 31, 2014With their cornerback depth chart in shambles, the New York Jets claimed former Cleveland Browns corner Leon McFadden on waivers Sunday, according to a league source.Rich Cimini
- Patriots trade QB Mallett to Texans August 31, 2014The Houston Texans have acquired quarterback Ryan Mallett from the New England Patriots.ESPN.com news services
- Gronkowski says he's cleared for Week 1 September 1, 2014