You love Justin Bieber.
You wait for his tweets. You’re in good company, as five millions others appear to be glued to his latest move, delivered via Twitter. Apparently an ‘inside source’ at Twitter has divulged to Dustin Curtis, a popular blogger, that racks and racks of servers are dedicated to the Bieb!
Not only does the company have to deal with the outgoing 500 million, it also has to deal with the endless re-tweets, as Bieber utilizes approximately 3% of Twitters server infrastructure at any given time. Although not as extreme, Curtis tweets, “It’s not unusual for heavy hitters to have their own servers; most of the popular users on Twitter have dedicated servers for their accounts.”
Twitters Top Ten Most Listed Users features Bieber at the number one spot. Twitter Lists feature is a way to organize the people you’re following on Twitter, or find new people. The most followed Twitter list, however, changes daily, and is currently led by Lady GaGa. She is followed by Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, President Obama, Ellen Degeneres, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Oprah, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.
Twitter has experienced phenomenal growth, with over 300,000 people a day signing up for new accounts on an average day. Later this year, Twitter will be moving its technical operating infrastructure into a new custom-built data center in the Salt Lake City area!
- Winston in Tampa for early visit with Bucs March 3, 2015In what might be an unprecedented visit for how early it is occurring, quarterback Jameis Winston is in Tampa, Florida, on Tuesday for an all-day meeting with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the team confirmed.Adam Schefter
- Suh set to be free agent as Lions forgo tag March 3, 2015The Detroit Lions have decided against using the franchise tag on defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh.Michael Rothstein
- Sources: Texans let WR Johnson seek trade March 3, 2015Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson has been given permission to seek a trade, according to sources.Tania Ganguli
- Report: Ravens, Rice reach $1.588M settlement March 3, 2015Ray Rice received $1.588 million from the Baltimore Ravens as part of the settlement in his wrongful termination grievance hearing in January, the Baltimore Sun reported Tuesday, citing sources.ESPN.com news services
- Rugby league player Hayne to join 49ers March 3, 2015Jarryd Hayne, the National Rugby League's Player of the Year in 2014, will start his journey to a potential NFL roster spot with the San Francisco 49ers on a futures/reserves contract.Michael Rothstein
- Chargers fans support new Qualcomm stadium March 3, 2015Most Chargers fans in attendance at a meeting of the mayor-appointed citizens' stadium advisory group clearly supported building a new stadium at Qualcomm.Eric D. Williams
- Titans safety Pollard informed of his release March 3, 2015Big-hitting safety Bernard Pollard has been informed by the Tennessee Titans that he will be released Tuesday.Paul Kuharsky
- Winston files trademark for 'Famous Jameis' March 3, 2015Jameis Winston, the potential No. 1 overall NFL draft pick, has filed to trademark "Famous Jameis," a nickname he was given during his impressive, two-year stint at Florida State, where he won a national title and a Heisman Trophy.Darren Rovell
- NFL has indoor, outdoor plans for Chicago draft March 2, 2015The NFL is using its departure from the Big Apple for the draft as a way to completely revamp the event in Chicago in the spring.Darren Rovell
- Patriots place franchise tag on Gostkowski March 2, 2015The New England Patriots on Monday placed their franchise tag on kicker Stephen Gostkowski.ESPN.com news services
- Winston in Tampa for early visit with Bucs March 3, 2015