You love Justin Bieber.
You wait for his tweets. You’re in good company, as five millions others appear to be glued to his latest move, delivered via Twitter. Apparently an ‘inside source’ at Twitter has divulged to Dustin Curtis, a popular blogger, that racks and racks of servers are dedicated to the Bieb!
Not only does the company have to deal with the outgoing 500 million, it also has to deal with the endless re-tweets, as Bieber utilizes approximately 3% of Twitters server infrastructure at any given time. Although not as extreme, Curtis tweets, “It’s not unusual for heavy hitters to have their own servers; most of the popular users on Twitter have dedicated servers for their accounts.”
Twitters Top Ten Most Listed Users features Bieber at the number one spot. Twitter Lists feature is a way to organize the people you’re following on Twitter, or find new people. The most followed Twitter list, however, changes daily, and is currently led by Lady GaGa. She is followed by Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, President Obama, Ellen Degeneres, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Oprah, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.
Twitter has experienced phenomenal growth, with over 300,000 people a day signing up for new accounts on an average day. Later this year, Twitter will be moving its technical operating infrastructure into a new custom-built data center in the Salt Lake City area!
- Source: Clowney to visit with Falcons again April 25, 2014Top draft prospect Jadeveon Clowney, who visited the Atlanta Falcons on Wednesday, is scheduled to go through a few drills with the team on Friday , a league source confirmed.Vaughn McClure
- Titans to hold workout with QB Mettenberger April 25, 2014The Tennessee Titans have scheduled a private workout with Zach Mettenberger for Monday at LSU.ESPN.com news services
- Source: Panthers pick up Newton's option April 25, 2014The Carolina Panthers have picked up the fifth-year option on quarterback Cam Newton, locking up the first pick of the 2011 draft up through the 2015 season, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Caplan.David Newton
- Report: Ex-Buckeye Roby charged with OVI April 25, 2014Former Ohio State cornerback Bradley Roby is facing a charge of operating a vehicle under the influence, according to WBNS-10TV.ESPN.com news services
- 49ers' Smith won't face felony in airport case April 24, 2014The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office has referred Aldon Smith's airport arrest earlier this month to the Los Angeles city attorney's office for misdemeanor consideration.Bill Williamson
- Bills cheerleaders stop working amid lawsuit April 24, 2014The Buffalo Bills' cheerleaders have suspended operations after five former cheerleaders filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming they were underpaid and mistreated.Mike Rodak
- NFL to talk playoff expansion, extra points April 24, 2014The NFL will discuss expanded playoffs at the owners' meetings next month in Atlanta.Associated Press
- Kosar: Concussions cost me broadcasting job April 24, 2014Former Browns quarterback Bernie Kosar believes he has been removed as a TV commentator for Cleveland's preseason games because of slurred speech he attributes to concussions sustained in the NFL.ESPN.com news services
- NFL RB over 50? Herschel says he can do it April 24, 2014An NFL running back at 52 years old? Herschel Walker says it wouldn't be a problem for him.ESPN.com news services
- Hot ticket: Pack-Seahawks most expensive April 24, 2014As NFL schedules were announced on Wednesday night, many season ticket holders scrambled to the secondary market to list their game tickets.Darren Rovell
- Source: Clowney to visit with Falcons again April 25, 2014