You love Justin Bieber.
You wait for his tweets. You’re in good company, as five millions others appear to be glued to his latest move, delivered via Twitter. Apparently an ‘inside source’ at Twitter has divulged to Dustin Curtis, a popular blogger, that racks and racks of servers are dedicated to the Bieb!
Not only does the company have to deal with the outgoing 500 million, it also has to deal with the endless re-tweets, as Bieber utilizes approximately 3% of Twitters server infrastructure at any given time. Although not as extreme, Curtis tweets, “It’s not unusual for heavy hitters to have their own servers; most of the popular users on Twitter have dedicated servers for their accounts.”
Twitters Top Ten Most Listed Users features Bieber at the number one spot. Twitter Lists feature is a way to organize the people you’re following on Twitter, or find new people. The most followed Twitter list, however, changes daily, and is currently led by Lady GaGa. She is followed by Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, President Obama, Ellen Degeneres, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Oprah, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.
Twitter has experienced phenomenal growth, with over 300,000 people a day signing up for new accounts on an average day. Later this year, Twitter will be moving its technical operating infrastructure into a new custom-built data center in the Salt Lake City area!
- Trestman: Cutler remains Bears' starter December 10, 2013Chicago Bears head coach Marc Trestman reiterated after Monday's 45-28 victory against the Dallas Cowboys that quarterback Jay Cutler will return to the starting lineup when he receives medical clearance from the team's doctors.Jeff Dickerson
- Romo: Cowboys' aim is to 'win out,' finish 10-6 December 10, 2013Tony Romo says Dallas Cowboys need to 'win out' to ensure playoff spotTim MacMahon
- Report: Broncos' Fox channels 'Johnny Drama' December 10, 2013According to the Denver Post, Broncos coach John Fox checked in under the name "Johnny Drama," the name of a fictional character from HBO's "Entourage" when he entered a North Carolina hospital for heart surgery last month.ESPN.com news services
- McCown has 5 TDs as Bears bully Cowboys December 10, 2013Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka DayAssociated Press
- Wilbon: Bears need to keep riding this offense December 10, 2013Destruction of Cowboys proves Chicago needs to embrace offense-first identityMichael Wilbon
- Chicago icon Ditka gets Bears jersey retired December 10, 2013Mike Ditka, who won a Super Bowl as a tight end for George Halas in 1963 and coached the Chicago Bears to a much more famous one in 1985, finally got his jersey retired Monday night in a halftime ceremony.Jon Greenberg
- Source: Peterson likely out, but no surgery December 10, 2013Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson will not need surgery on his sprained right foot, but is unlikely to play on Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.Ben Goessling
- Shanahan mulls sitting RG III for rest of '13 December 10, 2013Mike Shanahan is still the coach of the Washington Redskins, but Robert Griffin III might not be the starting quarterback this week.John Keim
- Cardinals' Mathieu out due to torn ACL, LCL December 10, 2013Arizona Cardinals rookie free safety Tyrann Mathieu tore the ACL and LCL in his left knee during Sunday's 30-10 win over the St. Louis Rams, coach Bruce Arians said Monday.Josh Weinfuss
- Gronk on IR; torn ACL, MCL, source says December 10, 2013Rob Gronkowski tore the ACL and MCL in his right knee in the New England Patriots' 27-26 victory over the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Trestman: Cutler remains Bears' starter December 10, 2013