You love Justin Bieber.
You wait for his tweets. You’re in good company, as five millions others appear to be glued to his latest move, delivered via Twitter. Apparently an ‘inside source’ at Twitter has divulged to Dustin Curtis, a popular blogger, that racks and racks of servers are dedicated to the Bieb!
Not only does the company have to deal with the outgoing 500 million, it also has to deal with the endless re-tweets, as Bieber utilizes approximately 3% of Twitters server infrastructure at any given time. Although not as extreme, Curtis tweets, “It’s not unusual for heavy hitters to have their own servers; most of the popular users on Twitter have dedicated servers for their accounts.”
Twitters Top Ten Most Listed Users features Bieber at the number one spot. Twitter Lists feature is a way to organize the people you’re following on Twitter, or find new people. The most followed Twitter list, however, changes daily, and is currently led by Lady GaGa. She is followed by Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, President Obama, Ellen Degeneres, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Oprah, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.
Twitter has experienced phenomenal growth, with over 300,000 people a day signing up for new accounts on an average day. Later this year, Twitter will be moving its technical operating infrastructure into a new custom-built data center in the Salt Lake City area!
- Colts, CFL WR Carter near deal, source says January 28, 2015Wide receiver Duron Carter is closing in on an agreement with the Indianapolis Colts, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Benson seeks dismissal of lawsuit by family January 28, 2015Tom Benson's attorney fought back in court Tuesday, asking that the lawsuit filed against the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans owner by his daughter and grandchildren be dismissed.Mike Triplett
- Browner stands by comments on targeting January 28, 2015Brandon Browner stood by his remarks to ESPN's Josina Anderson about instructing teammates to go after injuries to Seahawks defensive backs Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas in Super Bowl XLIX, saying it is all in the spirit of competition.Mike Reiss
- Repetitive Lynch: 'Here so I won't get fined' January 28, 2015During Super Bowl media day, Marshawn Lynch, reportedly threatened with a $500,000 fine, answered every question with some variation of "I'm here so I won't get fined."Jeff Legwold
- Bengals OC Jackson comes to Dalton's defense January 28, 2015Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson downplayed QB Andy Dalton's poor Pro Bowl performance, saying he fell asleep before Dalton checked into the game.Coley Harvey
- Ex-Patriots RB Tatupu had CTE, family says January 28, 2015Former New England Patriots running back Mosi Tatupu, who died of a heart attack in 2010 at the age of 54, suffered from chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), a disease that has been linked to football-related head trauma.ESPN.com news services
- NFLPA: NFL can't mandate Peterson therapy January 28, 2015When the NFL suspended Adrian Peterson, commissioner Roger Goodell directed the Vikings running back to meet with a league-assigned psychiatrist. The NFLPA argues that Goodell did not have the power to attach such terms to Peterson's suspension.Ben Goessling
- Ex-Giants DC Fewell to coach Skins' secondary January 28, 2015The Washington Redskins added another piece to their defensive staff, hiring former New York Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell to become the Redskins' secondary coach, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.John Keim
- Kraft: Players think 'Deflategate' is 'hogwash' January 27, 2015New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft downplayed the impact his public defense of the team might have on players leading into Super Bowl XLIX.Mike Reiss
- Ex-players appeal dismissal of painkiller suit January 27, 2015Lawyers representing 1,300 former NFL players filed notice Tuesday that they plan to appeal a federal judge's dismissal of a lawsuit alleging that teams damaged the players' health by routinely -- and often illegally -- dispensing painkillers.Associated Press
- Colts, CFL WR Carter near deal, source says January 28, 2015