You love Justin Bieber.
You wait for his tweets. You’re in good company, as five millions others appear to be glued to his latest move, delivered via Twitter. Apparently an ‘inside source’ at Twitter has divulged to Dustin Curtis, a popular blogger, that racks and racks of servers are dedicated to the Bieb!
Not only does the company have to deal with the outgoing 500 million, it also has to deal with the endless re-tweets, as Bieber utilizes approximately 3% of Twitters server infrastructure at any given time. Although not as extreme, Curtis tweets, “It’s not unusual for heavy hitters to have their own servers; most of the popular users on Twitter have dedicated servers for their accounts.”
Twitters Top Ten Most Listed Users features Bieber at the number one spot. Twitter Lists feature is a way to organize the people you’re following on Twitter, or find new people. The most followed Twitter list, however, changes daily, and is currently led by Lady GaGa. She is followed by Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, President Obama, Ellen Degeneres, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Oprah, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.
Twitter has experienced phenomenal growth, with over 300,000 people a day signing up for new accounts on an average day. Later this year, Twitter will be moving its technical operating infrastructure into a new custom-built data center in the Salt Lake City area!
- Sherman, Baldwin rip Lynch fine with parody November 25, 2014Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman and receiver Doug Baldwin did a parody in front of reporters Tuesday, making a point of criticizing the NFL over fining teammate Marshawn Lynch $100,000 for not talking to the media.Terry Blount
- Hernandez's trial in double slaying delayed November 25, 2014A judge on Tuesday agreed to delay the trial of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez in the 2012 slaying of two Boston men after his lawyer said Hernandez's defense team is busy trying to prepare for his trial in a 2013 killing.Associated Press
- Titans waive LB Phillips, eye getting younger November 25, 2014The Titans have released veteran outside linebacker Shaun Phillips and will turn to younger options for the rest of the season, a source confirmed.Paul Kuharsky
- Bengals' Smith (torn triceps) goes on IR November 25, 2014Andre Smith's left triceps injury was far worse than the Cincinnati Bengals had originally hoped, forcing him to be placed on season-ending injured reserve Tuesday.Coley Harvey
- Broncos release kicker McManus, sign Barth November 25, 2014The Denver Broncos have waived placekicker Brandon McManus and signed Connor Barth, according to sources.Jeff Legwold
- Judge: Redskins can proceed with name case November 25, 2014A judge is allowing the Washington Redskins to move ahead with a lawsuit seeking to overturn a cancellation of the team's trademark.Associated Press
- Raiola: Not fined for late cut block vs. Pats November 25, 2014Detroit Lions center Dominic Raiola said he was not fined by the NFL for his play at the end of Sunday's 34-9 loss to New England where he dove at the knees of New England Patriots defensive lineman Zach Moore.Michael Rothstein
- Rodgers: Packers-Patriots not me vs. Brady November 25, 2014Aaron Rodgers doesn't view Sunday's game between the Packers and Patriots as him against Tom Brady but unless they meet in the Super Bowl, which is possible the way they are playing, it could be the one and only meeting between two of the NFL's best QBs.Rob Demovsky
- Polamalu, Taylor likely to play against Saints November 25, 2014Steelers coach Mike Tomlin confirmed that strong safety Troy Polamalu and cornerback Ike Taylor are expected to play Sunday against the Saints.Scott Brown
- Cards sign M. Bush to aid anemic run attack November 25, 2014The Arizona Cardinals signed veteran running back Michael Bush hoping he can provide a spark for their struggling backfield.Josh Weinfuss
- Sherman, Baldwin rip Lynch fine with parody November 25, 2014