You love Justin Bieber.
You wait for his tweets. You’re in good company, as five millions others appear to be glued to his latest move, delivered via Twitter. Apparently an ‘inside source’ at Twitter has divulged to Dustin Curtis, a popular blogger, that racks and racks of servers are dedicated to the Bieb!
Not only does the company have to deal with the outgoing 500 million, it also has to deal with the endless re-tweets, as Bieber utilizes approximately 3% of Twitters server infrastructure at any given time. Although not as extreme, Curtis tweets, “It’s not unusual for heavy hitters to have their own servers; most of the popular users on Twitter have dedicated servers for their accounts.”
Twitters Top Ten Most Listed Users features Bieber at the number one spot. Twitter Lists feature is a way to organize the people you’re following on Twitter, or find new people. The most followed Twitter list, however, changes daily, and is currently led by Lady GaGa. She is followed by Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, President Obama, Ellen Degeneres, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Oprah, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.
Twitter has experienced phenomenal growth, with over 300,000 people a day signing up for new accounts on an average day. Later this year, Twitter will be moving its technical operating infrastructure into a new custom-built data center in the Salt Lake City area!
- Retirees ask judge to reverse concussion ruling July 22, 2014Seven retired players launched on Monday the most aggressive attack yet on the proposed NFL concussion litigation settlement.Lester Munson
- Giants' Snee announces retirement July 22, 2014Longtime New York Giants guard Chris Snee, who won two Super Bowls as a member of the team's offensive line, announced his retirement Monday.Dan Graziano
- Bills' Dareus accepted into pre-trial program July 22, 2014Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus was accepted Monday into a pre-trial intervention program in Alabama for two felony drug charges stemming from a May 5 arrest.Mike Rodak
- Pettine: Manziel's behavior will be 'non-story' July 21, 2014Mike Pettine believes that Johnny Manziel's off-field activity will "be a non-story" once training camp starts.Pat McManamon
- Marcus Allen: Raiders should return to L.A. July 21, 2014Marcus Allen, the franchise's brightest star in the Raiders' star-crossed 13-year sojourn in Southern California, says he can see his first NFL team returning to Los Angeles.Paul Gutierrez
- Giants RB Wilson cleared for full practices July 21, 2014The New York Giants got good news on the injury front Monday, as running back David Wilson was finally cleared for full-contact practices following last season's neck surgery.Dan Graziano
- Source: Gordon hearing within next 2 weeks July 21, 2014The Cleveland Browns may know Josh Gordon's status for the 2014 season within a week or two of the opening of training camp on July 26.Pat McManamon
- Lions to wear patch to honor late owner Ford July 21, 2014Detroit Lions planning on wearing patches on their uniforms during the 2014 season with the letters "WCF" in white in the middle of the patch against a black football with one blue and one gray bar in the background.Michael Rothstein
- Report: Titans' Mettenberger punched in bar July 21, 2014Tennessee Titans rookie quarterback Zach Mettenberger was sucker-punched over the weekend at a Nashville bar, the owner told The Tennessean.ESPN.com news services
- Favre not worried about boos at Lambeau July 21, 2014Brett Favre says he is not afraid of getting booed when he returns to Lambeau Field.Rob Demovsky
- Retirees ask judge to reverse concussion ruling July 22, 2014