You love Justin Bieber.
You wait for his tweets. You’re in good company, as five millions others appear to be glued to his latest move, delivered via Twitter. Apparently an ‘inside source’ at Twitter has divulged to Dustin Curtis, a popular blogger, that racks and racks of servers are dedicated to the Bieb!
Not only does the company have to deal with the outgoing 500 million, it also has to deal with the endless re-tweets, as Bieber utilizes approximately 3% of Twitters server infrastructure at any given time. Although not as extreme, Curtis tweets, “It’s not unusual for heavy hitters to have their own servers; most of the popular users on Twitter have dedicated servers for their accounts.”
Twitters Top Ten Most Listed Users features Bieber at the number one spot. Twitter Lists feature is a way to organize the people you’re following on Twitter, or find new people. The most followed Twitter list, however, changes daily, and is currently led by Lady GaGa. She is followed by Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, President Obama, Ellen Degeneres, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Oprah, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.
Twitter has experienced phenomenal growth, with over 300,000 people a day signing up for new accounts on an average day. Later this year, Twitter will be moving its technical operating infrastructure into a new custom-built data center in the Salt Lake City area!
- Lawyers endorse Goodell hearing Brady appeal May 22, 2015Lawyers endorse Goodell hearing Brady appeal
- Hernandez running out of money, lawyer says May 22, 2015Hernandez running out of money, lawyer says
- Report: Browns won't be on Hard Knocks; team concerned about Johnny Manziel May 22, 2015Report: Browns won't be on Hard Knocks; team concerned about Johnny Manziel
- Source: Scandrick, Cowboys agree to $20M deal May 22, 2015Source: Scandrick, Cowboys agree to $20M deal
- Bills DT Dareus suspended 1 game by league May 21, 2015Bills DT Dareus suspended 1 game by league
- Broncos DE Antonio Smith being investigated May 21, 2015Broncos DE Antonio Smith being investigated
- Ray Rice has domestic violence case dismissed May 21, 2015Ray Rice has domestic violence case dismissed
- Inside Slant: Journey from spread to the NFL, one step at a time May 21, 2015Inside Slant: Journey from spread to the NFL, one step at a time
- Carr's agent says QB won't need finger surgery May 21, 2015Carr's agent says QB won't need finger surgery
- Munson: NFL, NFLPA guilty of detrimental conduct May 20, 2015Munson: NFL, NFLPA guilty of detrimental conduct
- Lawyers endorse Goodell hearing Brady appeal May 22, 2015