Following Glee’s season’s premiere which found Jacob Ben-Israel (Josh Sussman) simulating an on-screen orgasm, and last weeks girl-on-girl action which both drew criticism, it now looks like on-set isn’t the only place where critics are taking notice. A recent GQ spread featuring Lea Michele, who plays Rachel, and Dianna Agron, teen-unwed-mother Quinn, photographed in various stages of scanty-wear is getting flack as well.
Along with protests claiming that the sexy scenes should not be shown during prime time, The Parents Television Council’s president, Tim Winter, is now lamenting about the printed medium stating, “It is disturbing that GQ, which is explicitly written for adult men, is sexualizing the actresses who play high school-aged characters on Glee in this way. It borders on pedophilia.” He continued, stating, “Sadly, this is just the latest example of the overt sexualization of young girls in entertainment.”
Frankly I was a little shocked to see Santana (Naya Rivera) delivering “sweet lady kisses” to an uninterested, Brittany (Heather Morris) but its all part of what makes Glee so fantastic. Everything that happens in the teen-world is up for grabs, show-cased, and wrapped in music – this all accounts for the huge success of the show.
As for the pedophile reference, both Michele and Agron are 24 years old, and certainly old enough to make decisions on where their ‘talents’ are exposed. With tensions rising, perhaps critics should head over to the actual set of Glee, where series creator, Ryan Murphy, has a strict set of rules, including a ‘no sex amongst the co-stars’ in-between scenes.
Article first published as Glee Girls Gone Wild! on Technorati.
- Randy Moss appears at high school graduation to hand diploma to friend May 23, 2015Randy Moss appears at high school graduation to hand diploma to friend
- Pats fans to hold 'Free Tom Brady' stadium rally May 23, 2015Pats fans to hold 'Free Tom Brady' stadium rally
- Lawyers endorse Goodell hearing Brady appeal May 22, 2015Lawyers endorse Goodell hearing Brady appeal
- Hernandez running out of money, lawyer says May 22, 2015Hernandez running out of money, lawyer says
- Report: Browns won't be on Hard Knocks; team concerned about Johnny Manziel May 22, 2015Report: Browns won't be on Hard Knocks; team concerned about Johnny Manziel
- Source: Scandrick, Cowboys agree to $20M deal May 22, 2015Source: Scandrick, Cowboys agree to $20M deal
- Bills DT Dareus suspended 1 game by league May 21, 2015Bills DT Dareus suspended 1 game by league
- Broncos DE Antonio Smith being investigated May 21, 2015Broncos DE Antonio Smith being investigated
- Ray Rice has domestic violence case dismissed May 21, 2015Ray Rice has domestic violence case dismissed
- Inside Slant: Journey from spread to the NFL, one step at a time May 21, 2015Inside Slant: Journey from spread to the NFL, one step at a time
- Randy Moss appears at high school graduation to hand diploma to friend May 23, 2015