Following Glee’s season’s premiere which found Jacob Ben-Israel (Josh Sussman) simulating an on-screen orgasm, and last weeks girl-on-girl action which both drew criticism, it now looks like on-set isn’t the only place where critics are taking notice. A recent GQ spread featuring Lea Michele, who plays Rachel, and Dianna Agron, teen-unwed-mother Quinn, photographed in various stages of scanty-wear is getting flack as well.
Along with protests claiming that the sexy scenes should not be shown during prime time, The Parents Television Council’s president, Tim Winter, is now lamenting about the printed medium stating, “It is disturbing that GQ, which is explicitly written for adult men, is sexualizing the actresses who play high school-aged characters on Glee in this way. It borders on pedophilia.” He continued, stating, “Sadly, this is just the latest example of the overt sexualization of young girls in entertainment.”
Frankly I was a little shocked to see Santana (Naya Rivera) delivering “sweet lady kisses” to an uninterested, Brittany (Heather Morris) but its all part of what makes Glee so fantastic. Everything that happens in the teen-world is up for grabs, show-cased, and wrapped in music – this all accounts for the huge success of the show.
As for the pedophile reference, both Michele and Agron are 24 years old, and certainly old enough to make decisions on where their ‘talents’ are exposed. With tensions rising, perhaps critics should head over to the actual set of Glee, where series creator, Ryan Murphy, has a strict set of rules, including a ‘no sex amongst the co-stars’ in-between scenes.
Article first published as Glee Girls Gone Wild! on Technorati.
- Trump advances in bidding to purchase Bills August 1, 2014Donald Trump has been chosen to advance to the next round of bidding to purchase the Buffalo Bills, a person familiar with the sale selection process told The Associated Press on Thursday.Associated Press
- Irvin, Newton to advise Brent on comeback August 1, 2014Michael Irvin and Nate Newton will serve as members of Josh Brent's unofficial advisory committee as the defensive tackle attempts to make a comeback with the team.Tim MacMahon
- Seahawks' Lynch at camp after ending holdout August 1, 2014Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch ended his holdout and reported to training camp on Thursday.Adam Caplan and Adam Schefter
- Jags WRs Doss, Robinson catch injury bug August 1, 2014Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Tandon Doss suffered a badly sprained right ankle on the final play of Thursday's practice ,and second-round pick Allen Robinson sat out most of practice with tightness in his right hamstring.Michael DiRocco
- 49ers, Harbaugh table contract talks for now August 1, 2014The San Francisco 49ers and coach Jim Harbaugh have decided to table contract extension talks until after the 2014 season, team CEO Jed York said on a television show Thursday night.Bill Williamson
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life' August 1, 2014Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice apologized to his wife and all women affected by domestic violence on Thursday, when he took questions for the first time since his alleged altercation with his then-fiancee in February.Jamison Hensley
- Bad hair day: Skins rookie regrets new 'do July 31, 2014Zach Hocker gave them the option. Now he wishes he had just given them a bad skit.John Keim
- Source: Giants unsure if Wilson can return July 31, 2014David Wilson's latest neck injury has raised significant concerns for the New York Giants, as a source close to the situation told ESPN.com on Thursday that the team would be very surprised if Wilson played for the them again.Dan Graziano
- Manziel on NFL learning curve: It'll take time July 31, 2014Johnny Manziel admitted publicly what has been evident on the field during the first week of Cleveland Browns training camp: His learning curve is steep.Pat McManamon
- Zimmer hire energized 'unhappy' Peterson July 31, 2014If there was ever a point in Adrian Peterson's career with the Minnesota Vikings when he could have thought seriously about leaving, the end of last season could have been it.Ben Goessling
- Trump advances in bidding to purchase Bills August 1, 2014