Following Glee’s season’s premiere which found Jacob Ben-Israel (Josh Sussman) simulating an on-screen orgasm, and last weeks girl-on-girl action which both drew criticism, it now looks like on-set isn’t the only place where critics are taking notice. A recent GQ spread featuring Lea Michele, who plays Rachel, and Dianna Agron, teen-unwed-mother Quinn, photographed in various stages of scanty-wear is getting flack as well.
Along with protests claiming that the sexy scenes should not be shown during prime time, The Parents Television Council’s president, Tim Winter, is now lamenting about the printed medium stating, “It is disturbing that GQ, which is explicitly written for adult men, is sexualizing the actresses who play high school-aged characters on Glee in this way. It borders on pedophilia.” He continued, stating, “Sadly, this is just the latest example of the overt sexualization of young girls in entertainment.”
Frankly I was a little shocked to see Santana (Naya Rivera) delivering “sweet lady kisses” to an uninterested, Brittany (Heather Morris) but its all part of what makes Glee so fantastic. Everything that happens in the teen-world is up for grabs, show-cased, and wrapped in music – this all accounts for the huge success of the show.
As for the pedophile reference, both Michele and Agron are 24 years old, and certainly old enough to make decisions on where their ‘talents’ are exposed. With tensions rising, perhaps critics should head over to the actual set of Glee, where series creator, Ryan Murphy, has a strict set of rules, including a ‘no sex amongst the co-stars’ in-between scenes.
Article first published as Glee Girls Gone Wild! on Technorati.
- Broncos top Chargers as Sanders grabs 3 TDs October 24, 2014Emmanuel Sanders waited six long weeks to join the list of players who have caught a touchdown pass from Peyton Manning. Now, he has four in less than a week.Associated Press
- Cutler: Marshall's theatrics understandable October 24, 2014Bears quarterback Jay Cutler says receiver Brandon Marshall's postgame rant Sunday was in no way off-putting.Jeff Dickerson
- Urlacher: Cutler an elite QB in salary only October 24, 2014Jay Cutler is the highest-paid quarterback this season and Brian Urlacher says that's the only thing elite about his former teammate.ESPN.com news services
- Wilson says Seahawks are not a divided team October 24, 2014Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson said a report about a division in the team's locker room is not true.Terry Blount
- Cards' Campbell practices, uncertain for Sun. October 23, 2014The Arizona Cardinals' Calais Campbell was limited in Thursday's practice, his first since an illegal chop block injured his right MCL against the Denver Broncos in Week 5, but he didn't get any sympathy from his defensive coordinator.Josh Weinfuss
- Megatron: Ankle progressing in 'positive' way October 23, 2014Calvin Johnson is more encouraged about his progress this week in returning from a high right ankle sprain than he has been the past two weeks, when he has missed back-to-back games for the Detroit Lions.Michael Rothstein
- Raiders' Woodley has long-term biceps injury October 23, 2014The Oakland Raiders signed LaMarr Woodley to be a defensive difference-maker. However, it appears the former Pittsburgh Steelers star's season will end prematurely for the winless Raiders.Bill Williamson
- Titans' Lewan chooses settlement over trial October 23, 2014Tennessee Titans rookie Taylor Lewan plans to settle rather than go to trial to fight three misdemeanor assault charges from last December, his lawyer said.Dan Murphy
- Frazier still supportive of Peterson, Harvin October 23, 2014During his time as the Minnesota Vikings' head coach, Leslie Frazier had contrasting relationships with the two star players on his offense: Adrian Peterson and Percy Harvin.Ben Goessling
- Dallas' Okoye at practice after health scare October 23, 2014In the wake of a health scare, defensive lineman Amobi Okoye practices for the first time this seasonCalvin Watkins
- Broncos top Chargers as Sanders grabs 3 TDs October 24, 2014