Following Glee’s season’s premiere which found Jacob Ben-Israel (Josh Sussman) simulating an on-screen orgasm, and last weeks girl-on-girl action which both drew criticism, it now looks like on-set isn’t the only place where critics are taking notice. A recent GQ spread featuring Lea Michele, who plays Rachel, and Dianna Agron, teen-unwed-mother Quinn, photographed in various stages of scanty-wear is getting flack as well.
Along with protests claiming that the sexy scenes should not be shown during prime time, The Parents Television Council’s president, Tim Winter, is now lamenting about the printed medium stating, “It is disturbing that GQ, which is explicitly written for adult men, is sexualizing the actresses who play high school-aged characters on Glee in this way. It borders on pedophilia.” He continued, stating, “Sadly, this is just the latest example of the overt sexualization of young girls in entertainment.”
Frankly I was a little shocked to see Santana (Naya Rivera) delivering “sweet lady kisses” to an uninterested, Brittany (Heather Morris) but its all part of what makes Glee so fantastic. Everything that happens in the teen-world is up for grabs, show-cased, and wrapped in music – this all accounts for the huge success of the show.
As for the pedophile reference, both Michele and Agron are 24 years old, and certainly old enough to make decisions on where their ‘talents’ are exposed. With tensions rising, perhaps critics should head over to the actual set of Glee, where series creator, Ryan Murphy, has a strict set of rules, including a ‘no sex amongst the co-stars’ in-between scenes.
Article first published as Glee Girls Gone Wild! on Technorati.
- Steelers' Bell, Blount charged with having pot August 21, 2014Pittsburgh Steelers running backs Le'Veon Bell and LeGarrette Blount have been charged with possession of marijuana following a traffic stop Wednesday afternoon, Ross Township Police detective Brian Kohlhepp said Thursday.ESPN.com news services
- Source: Chiefs' Mays will have wrist surgery August 21, 2014Kansas City Chiefs ILB Joe Mays (wrist) is expected to have surgery within the next 24 hours for his injury, a league source told ESPN.ESPN.com news services
- Chiefs' mascot settles over severe injuries August 21, 2014The man who performs as the Kansas City Chiefs' mascot has reached a legal settlement over severe injuries he suffered last November while practicing a zip line routine.Associated Press
- Source: Dallas' Holloman (neck) told to retire August 21, 2014Dallas Cowboys linebacker DeVonte Holloman was told by team doctors on Thursday afternoon to retire because of neck injuries, according to a source.Calvin Watkins and Todd Archer
- Raiders to sit Carr for game against Packers August 21, 2014The Oakland Raiders are being cautious with rookie quarterback Derek Carr, choosing to sit him for Friday night's preseason game at Green Bay Packers, coach Dennis Allen told the NFL Network.Bill Williamson
- Charles back at practice -- with scout team August 21, 2014Jamaal Charles returned to practice Thursday and took his usual spot as the featured back in the Kansas City Chiefs' offense. The only difference was that Charles was on the scout team.Adam Teicher
- Bills' Marrone halts practice after more fights August 21, 2014Bills coach Doug Marrone blew up at his players on Thursday, sending a message that he's fed up with too many fights and post-whistle shoving matches during practice.ESPN.com news services
- Loose sod at 49ers' new stadium removed August 21, 2014The San Francisco 49ers were working to re-sod the field at new Levi's Stadium on Thursday, a day after a public workout was cut short and moved to the regular practice fields because players were slipping.Associated Press
- Payton: Brees 'ready to go' after oblique strain August 21, 2014Drew Brees doesn't appear to be showing any rust after his two-week hiatus to rest a strained oblique.Mike Triplett
- RG III tweets to naysayers: Keep doubting August 21, 2014Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III took to Twitter on Wednesday night to say he'll once again prove his doubters wrong.John Keim
- Steelers' Bell, Blount charged with having pot August 21, 2014