Following Glee’s season’s premiere which found Jacob Ben-Israel (Josh Sussman) simulating an on-screen orgasm, and last weeks girl-on-girl action which both drew criticism, it now looks like on-set isn’t the only place where critics are taking notice. A recent GQ spread featuring Lea Michele, who plays Rachel, and Dianna Agron, teen-unwed-mother Quinn, photographed in various stages of scanty-wear is getting flack as well.
Along with protests claiming that the sexy scenes should not be shown during prime time, The Parents Television Council’s president, Tim Winter, is now lamenting about the printed medium stating, “It is disturbing that GQ, which is explicitly written for adult men, is sexualizing the actresses who play high school-aged characters on Glee in this way. It borders on pedophilia.” He continued, stating, “Sadly, this is just the latest example of the overt sexualization of young girls in entertainment.”
Frankly I was a little shocked to see Santana (Naya Rivera) delivering “sweet lady kisses” to an uninterested, Brittany (Heather Morris) but its all part of what makes Glee so fantastic. Everything that happens in the teen-world is up for grabs, show-cased, and wrapped in music – this all accounts for the huge success of the show.
As for the pedophile reference, both Michele and Agron are 24 years old, and certainly old enough to make decisions on where their ‘talents’ are exposed. With tensions rising, perhaps critics should head over to the actual set of Glee, where series creator, Ryan Murphy, has a strict set of rules, including a ‘no sex amongst the co-stars’ in-between scenes.
Article first published as Glee Girls Gone Wild! on Technorati.
- Cards' Mathieu has torn ACL, source says December 9, 2013Arizona Cardinals rookie free safety Tyrann Mathieu "appears" to have an ACL injury according to coach Bruce Arians and will have an MRI on his left knee Monday morning, according to NFL sources.ESPN.com news services
- Peyton after win: Cold critics can 'shove it' December 9, 2013Peyton Manning had a pointed response Sunday to those who say his game suffers in games played in cold weather after he threw for 397 yards and four touchdowns in the Denver Broncos' 51-28 victory over the Tennessee Titans.ESPN.com news services
- Source: Gronkowski tears ACL, MCL in knee December 9, 2013Rob Gronkowski tore the ACL and MCL in his right knee in the New England Patriots' 27-26 victory over the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Sherman: Bad calls only reason Seattle lost December 9, 2013Although the San Francisco 49ers defeated the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday, preventing Seattle from clinching the NFC West title, cornerback Richard Sherman was unimpressed, blaming the loss on "questionable calls" from officials in the game.ESPN.com news services
- Pats beat Browns with TD after onside kick December 9, 2013Pats beat Browns 27-26 with TD after onside kickAssociated Press
- Brees, Saints bounce back, pound Panthers December 9, 2013Drew Brees passed for 313 yards and four touchdowns and the New Orleans Saints beat Carolina 31-13 on Sunday night to regain sole possession of first place in the NFC South and snap the Panthers' winning streak at eight games.ESPN.com news services
- Let it snow! Winter weather impacts NFL games December 9, 2013Heavy snow fell until early in the fourth quarter of Sunday's Philadelphia-Detroit game, covering the playing surface at Lincoln Financial Field and greatly affecting the strategy in a game won by the Philadelphia Eagles, 34-20.Ashley Fox
- Gallery: Week 14 in pictures December 9, 2013Week 14 in PicturesPhotoGallery
- Broncos' Prater sets record with 64-yard FG December 9, 2013Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater set a new NFL record Sunday when he hit a 64-yard field goal to close out the first half. Prater's kick broke the NFL record of 63 yards, held by Tom Dempsey (1970), former Broncos kicker Jason Elam (1998), Sebastian JaniJeff Legwold
- Flacco, Ravens stun Vikings with wild finish December 9, 2013Joe Flacco threw a 9-yard touchdown pass to rookie Marlon Brown with 4 seconds left, capping a flurry of scores on an icy field and giving the Baltimore Ravens a 29-26 victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.Associated Press
- Cards' Mathieu has torn ACL, source says December 9, 2013