Following Glee’s season’s premiere which found Jacob Ben-Israel (Josh Sussman) simulating an on-screen orgasm, and last weeks girl-on-girl action which both drew criticism, it now looks like on-set isn’t the only place where critics are taking notice. A recent GQ spread featuring Lea Michele, who plays Rachel, and Dianna Agron, teen-unwed-mother Quinn, photographed in various stages of scanty-wear is getting flack as well.
Along with protests claiming that the sexy scenes should not be shown during prime time, The Parents Television Council’s president, Tim Winter, is now lamenting about the printed medium stating, “It is disturbing that GQ, which is explicitly written for adult men, is sexualizing the actresses who play high school-aged characters on Glee in this way. It borders on pedophilia.” He continued, stating, “Sadly, this is just the latest example of the overt sexualization of young girls in entertainment.”
Frankly I was a little shocked to see Santana (Naya Rivera) delivering “sweet lady kisses” to an uninterested, Brittany (Heather Morris) but its all part of what makes Glee so fantastic. Everything that happens in the teen-world is up for grabs, show-cased, and wrapped in music – this all accounts for the huge success of the show.
As for the pedophile reference, both Michele and Agron are 24 years old, and certainly old enough to make decisions on where their ‘talents’ are exposed. With tensions rising, perhaps critics should head over to the actual set of Glee, where series creator, Ryan Murphy, has a strict set of rules, including a ‘no sex amongst the co-stars’ in-between scenes.
Article first published as Glee Girls Gone Wild! on Technorati.
- Ex-Cowboy Spillman gets 5-year prison sentence July 2, 2016Ex-Cowboy Spillman gets 5-year prison sentence
- NFL players post strong reactions to NBA players' new contracts July 2, 2016NFL players post strong reactions to NBA players' new contracts
- Buddy Ryan remembered by former players July 1, 2016Buddy Ryan remembered by former players
- 6 players eligible for NFL's supplemental draft July 1, 20166 players eligible for NFL's supplemental draft
- Judge allows lawsuit over painkillers to proceed July 1, 2016Judge allows lawsuit over painkillers to proceed
- Ravens TE Waller handed 4-game ban by NFL July 1, 2016Ravens TE Waller handed 4-game ban by NFL
- Police release report on Talib shooting incident July 1, 2016Police release report on Talib shooting incident
- Nate Robinson calls on WR trainer for DeSean Jackson, Odell Beckham Jr. July 1, 2016Nate Robinson calls on WR trainer for DeSean Jackson, Odell Beckham Jr.
- Why the Broncos locking up Von Miller long-term is about more than money July 1, 2016Why the Broncos locking up Von Miller long-term is about more than money
- Can you trust rookie running backs in fantasy? July 1, 2016Can you trust rookie running backs in fantasy?
- Ex-Cowboy Spillman gets 5-year prison sentence July 2, 2016