Following Glee’s season’s premiere which found Jacob Ben-Israel (Josh Sussman) simulating an on-screen orgasm, and last weeks girl-on-girl action which both drew criticism, it now looks like on-set isn’t the only place where critics are taking notice. A recent GQ spread featuring Lea Michele, who plays Rachel, and Dianna Agron, teen-unwed-mother Quinn, photographed in various stages of scanty-wear is getting flack as well.
Along with protests claiming that the sexy scenes should not be shown during prime time, The Parents Television Council’s president, Tim Winter, is now lamenting about the printed medium stating, “It is disturbing that GQ, which is explicitly written for adult men, is sexualizing the actresses who play high school-aged characters on Glee in this way. It borders on pedophilia.” He continued, stating, “Sadly, this is just the latest example of the overt sexualization of young girls in entertainment.”
Frankly I was a little shocked to see Santana (Naya Rivera) delivering “sweet lady kisses” to an uninterested, Brittany (Heather Morris) but its all part of what makes Glee so fantastic. Everything that happens in the teen-world is up for grabs, show-cased, and wrapped in music – this all accounts for the huge success of the show.
As for the pedophile reference, both Michele and Agron are 24 years old, and certainly old enough to make decisions on where their ‘talents’ are exposed. With tensions rising, perhaps critics should head over to the actual set of Glee, where series creator, Ryan Murphy, has a strict set of rules, including a ‘no sex amongst the co-stars’ in-between scenes.
Article first published as Glee Girls Gone Wild! on Technorati.
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles July 26, 2014Indianapolis Colts running back Vick Ballard has suffered a torn left Achilles tendon, a source told ESPN Senior NFL Analyst Chris Mortensen.ESPN.com news services
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part July 26, 2014The Tampa Bay Buccaneers announce Friday that the team and veteran guard Carl Nicks have "mutually agreed" to part ways.Pat Yasinskas
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes' July 26, 2014Johnny Manziel admitted he made "rookie mistakes" this offseason and added he needs to do a better when it comes to acting like a professional.Pat McManamon
- Brees thinks he could play another 10 years July 26, 2014New Orleans Saints quarterback says he thinks he can continue to play at a high level for another 10 years.Mike Triplett
- Pats' Gronkowski not 100 percent -- but close July 26, 2014New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has been cleared by doctors to play, but he's not quite ready to let it rip.Lee Schechter
- Saints' Graham glad contract 'mess' over July 26, 2014New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham admitted this offseason was tough on him but is "happy that all that mess is over."Mike Triplett
- Cards' Mathieu predicts return in 6-8 weeks July 26, 2014If it was up to Tyrann Mathieu, he'd be out there again tomorrow. Realistically, he believes he can be back on the field within six to eight weeks.Josh Weinfuss
- Cowboys' McClain convicted, already appeals July 25, 2014Dallas Cowboys linebacker Rolando McClain has been convicted of resisting arrest and disorderly conduct in his hometown in Alabama.ESPN.com news services
- 49ers' Smith: I've stayed sober since Sept. July 25, 2014Aldon Smith said hours before the San Francisco 49ers started training camp Thursday that he has stayed sober since last September, when he was arrested for drunk driving for the second time since Jan. 2012.Bill Williamson
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us July 25, 2014As expected, Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch did not attend the first day of training camp Friday, officially starting his holdout over changes he wants to his contract.ESPN.com news services
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles July 26, 2014