Following Glee’s season’s premiere which found Jacob Ben-Israel (Josh Sussman) simulating an on-screen orgasm, and last weeks girl-on-girl action which both drew criticism, it now looks like on-set isn’t the only place where critics are taking notice. A recent GQ spread featuring Lea Michele, who plays Rachel, and Dianna Agron, teen-unwed-mother Quinn, photographed in various stages of scanty-wear is getting flack as well.
Along with protests claiming that the sexy scenes should not be shown during prime time, The Parents Television Council’s president, Tim Winter, is now lamenting about the printed medium stating, “It is disturbing that GQ, which is explicitly written for adult men, is sexualizing the actresses who play high school-aged characters on Glee in this way. It borders on pedophilia.” He continued, stating, “Sadly, this is just the latest example of the overt sexualization of young girls in entertainment.”
Frankly I was a little shocked to see Santana (Naya Rivera) delivering “sweet lady kisses” to an uninterested, Brittany (Heather Morris) but its all part of what makes Glee so fantastic. Everything that happens in the teen-world is up for grabs, show-cased, and wrapped in music – this all accounts for the huge success of the show.
As for the pedophile reference, both Michele and Agron are 24 years old, and certainly old enough to make decisions on where their ‘talents’ are exposed. With tensions rising, perhaps critics should head over to the actual set of Glee, where series creator, Ryan Murphy, has a strict set of rules, including a ‘no sex amongst the co-stars’ in-between scenes.
Article first published as Glee Girls Gone Wild! on Technorati.
- Jaguars open stadium to 15K Pokemon Go fans July 26, 2016Jaguars open stadium to 15K Pokemon Go fans
- Chargers GM Tom Telesco unsure if Joey Bosa deal gets done before camp July 26, 2016Chargers GM Tom Telesco unsure if Joey Bosa deal gets done before camp
- NFL gets tough on concussion policy violations July 25, 2016NFL gets tough on concussion policy violations
- Naming rights for Broncos' stadium up for bids July 25, 2016Naming rights for Broncos' stadium up for bids
- Redskins' Galette tears Achilles, out for season July 25, 2016Redskins' Galette tears Achilles, out for season
- Jags GM OK with Robinson's reason for crash July 25, 2016Jags GM OK with Robinson's reason for crash
- Footy anyone? Panthers sign Australian Rules Football player Eric Wallace July 25, 2016Footy anyone? Panthers sign Australian Rules Football player Eric Wallace
- Mike McCarthy confident Rodgers-Nelson chemistry will come back July 25, 2016Mike McCarthy confident Rodgers-Nelson chemistry will come back
- NFL's decision on Josh Gordon gives Browns time to observe, learn July 25, 2016NFL's decision on Josh Gordon gives Browns time to observe, learn
- Retired 49ers OT Davis seeks reinstatement July 25, 2016Retired 49ers OT Davis seeks reinstatement
- Jaguars open stadium to 15K Pokemon Go fans July 26, 2016