Following Glee’s season’s premiere which found Jacob Ben-Israel (Josh Sussman) simulating an on-screen orgasm, and last weeks girl-on-girl action which both drew criticism, it now looks like on-set isn’t the only place where critics are taking notice. A recent GQ spread featuring Lea Michele, who plays Rachel, and Dianna Agron, teen-unwed-mother Quinn, photographed in various stages of scanty-wear is getting flack as well.
Along with protests claiming that the sexy scenes should not be shown during prime time, The Parents Television Council’s president, Tim Winter, is now lamenting about the printed medium stating, “It is disturbing that GQ, which is explicitly written for adult men, is sexualizing the actresses who play high school-aged characters on Glee in this way. It borders on pedophilia.” He continued, stating, “Sadly, this is just the latest example of the overt sexualization of young girls in entertainment.”
Frankly I was a little shocked to see Santana (Naya Rivera) delivering “sweet lady kisses” to an uninterested, Brittany (Heather Morris) but its all part of what makes Glee so fantastic. Everything that happens in the teen-world is up for grabs, show-cased, and wrapped in music – this all accounts for the huge success of the show.
As for the pedophile reference, both Michele and Agron are 24 years old, and certainly old enough to make decisions on where their ‘talents’ are exposed. With tensions rising, perhaps critics should head over to the actual set of Glee, where series creator, Ryan Murphy, has a strict set of rules, including a ‘no sex amongst the co-stars’ in-between scenes.
Article first published as Glee Girls Gone Wild! on Technorati.
- Rams will rack up the miles in first season back in L.A. May 27, 2016Rams will rack up the miles in first season back in L.A.
- New cleats help kicker Cairo Santos honor his native Brazil May 27, 2016New cleats help kicker Cairo Santos honor his native Brazil
- Panthers DT Kawann Short 'not rushing' talks about long-term deal May 27, 2016Panthers DT Kawann Short 'not rushing' talks about long-term deal
- Bengals would miss more than just Tyler Eifert's receiving May 27, 2016Bengals would miss more than just Tyler Eifert's receiving
- Baltimore Ravens pay hefty price for violating offseason rules May 26, 2016Baltimore Ravens pay hefty price for violating offseason rules
- Goodell reaffirms NFL's concussion research role May 26, 2016Goodell reaffirms NFL's concussion research role
- Seahawks 'counting on' returns of Rawls, Graham May 26, 2016Seahawks 'counting on' returns of Rawls, Graham
- Robert Nkemdiche lost at least $10 million after plunging in draft May 26, 2016Robert Nkemdiche lost at least $10 million after plunging in draft
- Rice back at Ravens camp, addresses rookies May 26, 2016Rice back at Ravens camp, addresses rookies
- Video promoting Raiders move to Las Vegas hits internet May 26, 2016Video promoting Raiders move to Las Vegas hits internet
- Rams will rack up the miles in first season back in L.A. May 27, 2016