Following Glee’s season’s premiere which found Jacob Ben-Israel (Josh Sussman) simulating an on-screen orgasm, and last weeks girl-on-girl action which both drew criticism, it now looks like on-set isn’t the only place where critics are taking notice. A recent GQ spread featuring Lea Michele, who plays Rachel, and Dianna Agron, teen-unwed-mother Quinn, photographed in various stages of scanty-wear is getting flack as well.
Along with protests claiming that the sexy scenes should not be shown during prime time, The Parents Television Council’s president, Tim Winter, is now lamenting about the printed medium stating, “It is disturbing that GQ, which is explicitly written for adult men, is sexualizing the actresses who play high school-aged characters on Glee in this way. It borders on pedophilia.” He continued, stating, “Sadly, this is just the latest example of the overt sexualization of young girls in entertainment.”
Frankly I was a little shocked to see Santana (Naya Rivera) delivering “sweet lady kisses” to an uninterested, Brittany (Heather Morris) but its all part of what makes Glee so fantastic. Everything that happens in the teen-world is up for grabs, show-cased, and wrapped in music – this all accounts for the huge success of the show.
As for the pedophile reference, both Michele and Agron are 24 years old, and certainly old enough to make decisions on where their ‘talents’ are exposed. With tensions rising, perhaps critics should head over to the actual set of Glee, where series creator, Ryan Murphy, has a strict set of rules, including a ‘no sex amongst the co-stars’ in-between scenes.
Article first published as Glee Girls Gone Wild! on Technorati.
- Panthers focused on this week, not going 16-0 December 1, 2015Panthers focused on this week, not going 16-0
- Jenkins: Eagles can do better handling mistakes December 1, 2015Jenkins: Eagles can do better handling mistakes
- Still confirms daughter Leah is cancer-free December 1, 2015Still confirms daughter Leah is cancer-free
- McCown out for season; Pettine mum on starter December 1, 2015McCown out for season; Pettine mum on starter
- Ravens enjoy a block, block, block, block, block party December 1, 2015Ravens enjoy a block, block, block, block, block party
- No determination made yet on Greg Hardy's future in Dallas December 1, 2015No determination made yet on Greg Hardy's future in Dallas
- Josh McDaniels on Rob Gronkowski: 'Very rarely, if ever, extends his arms' December 1, 2015Josh McDaniels on Rob Gronkowski: 'Very rarely, if ever, extends his arms'
- Reports: Pryor joining Browns to bolster WR depth December 1, 2015Reports: Pryor joining Browns to bolster WR depth
- Steelers say Roethlisberger to stay in protocol December 1, 2015Steelers say Roethlisberger to stay in protocol
- Jones: Romo long-term status 'not damn debate' December 1, 2015Jones: Romo long-term status 'not damn debate'
- Panthers focused on this week, not going 16-0 December 1, 2015