Following Glee’s season’s premiere which found Jacob Ben-Israel (Josh Sussman) simulating an on-screen orgasm, and last weeks girl-on-girl action which both drew criticism, it now looks like on-set isn’t the only place where critics are taking notice. A recent GQ spread featuring Lea Michele, who plays Rachel, and Dianna Agron, teen-unwed-mother Quinn, photographed in various stages of scanty-wear is getting flack as well.
Along with protests claiming that the sexy scenes should not be shown during prime time, The Parents Television Council’s president, Tim Winter, is now lamenting about the printed medium stating, “It is disturbing that GQ, which is explicitly written for adult men, is sexualizing the actresses who play high school-aged characters on Glee in this way. It borders on pedophilia.” He continued, stating, “Sadly, this is just the latest example of the overt sexualization of young girls in entertainment.”
Frankly I was a little shocked to see Santana (Naya Rivera) delivering “sweet lady kisses” to an uninterested, Brittany (Heather Morris) but its all part of what makes Glee so fantastic. Everything that happens in the teen-world is up for grabs, show-cased, and wrapped in music – this all accounts for the huge success of the show.
As for the pedophile reference, both Michele and Agron are 24 years old, and certainly old enough to make decisions on where their ‘talents’ are exposed. With tensions rising, perhaps critics should head over to the actual set of Glee, where series creator, Ryan Murphy, has a strict set of rules, including a ‘no sex amongst the co-stars’ in-between scenes.
Article first published as Glee Girls Gone Wild! on Technorati.
- Bradford's ex-coach helped QB to not quit March 31, 2015Josh Heupel, a trusted voice from Sam Bradford's past, helped the Eagles quarterback resist quitting football last year after he suffered a second devastating injury to his left knee in a span of nine months.ESPN.com news services
- Source: Packers re-sign Raji to one-year deal March 30, 2015Hours after the Green Bay Packers struck a deal with Letroy Guion, they reached an agreement to bring back another member of their defensive line, B.J. Raji, according to a source.Rob Demovsky
- Fiancee: Trashed box at Hernandez's request March 30, 2015The fiancee of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez has testified in his murder trial that she removed a box from their basement at his request the day after the slaying.Associated Press
- Report: Eagles sign WR Austin for one year March 30, 2015The Eagles signed wide receiver Miles Austin to a one-year contract, according to a report by the NFL Network.Phil Sheridan
- Guion has 1-year deal to return to Packers March 30, 2015Letroy Guion is coming back to the Green Bay Packers on a one-year contract, according to a source.Rob Demovsky
- Falcons fined, forfeit pick for noise violations March 30, 2015The Atlanta Falcons have been fined $350,000 and will forfeit a 2016 draft pick for piping crowd noise into the Georgia Dome during home games over the last two seasons.ESPN.com news services
- Thomas to skip Manning, Broncos workouts March 30, 2015Demaryius Thomas will not attend the Broncos' offseason program and will not take part in workouts at Duke University with quarterback Peyton Manning and the team's other wide receivers.Jeff Legwold
- Eagles add year to linebacker Ryans' deal March 30, 2015The Philadelphia Eagles reworked the contract of inside linebacker DeMeco Ryans, adding an additional year to his deal while lowering his 2015 salary cap number.Phil Sheridan
- Sources: QB Schaub likely to sign this week March 30, 2015Quarterback Matt Schaub is expected to sign with a new team this week, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Browns GM suspended, team fined for texts March 30, 2015Cleveland Browns general manager Ray Farmer has been suspended without pay for the first four games of next season for sending texts to personnel during games in 2014 and the team was fined $250,000, the NFL announced Monday.ESPN.com news services
- Bradford's ex-coach helped QB to not quit March 31, 2015