Following Glee’s season’s premiere which found Jacob Ben-Israel (Josh Sussman) simulating an on-screen orgasm, and last weeks girl-on-girl action which both drew criticism, it now looks like on-set isn’t the only place where critics are taking notice. A recent GQ spread featuring Lea Michele, who plays Rachel, and Dianna Agron, teen-unwed-mother Quinn, photographed in various stages of scanty-wear is getting flack as well.
Along with protests claiming that the sexy scenes should not be shown during prime time, The Parents Television Council’s president, Tim Winter, is now lamenting about the printed medium stating, “It is disturbing that GQ, which is explicitly written for adult men, is sexualizing the actresses who play high school-aged characters on Glee in this way. It borders on pedophilia.” He continued, stating, “Sadly, this is just the latest example of the overt sexualization of young girls in entertainment.”
Frankly I was a little shocked to see Santana (Naya Rivera) delivering “sweet lady kisses” to an uninterested, Brittany (Heather Morris) but its all part of what makes Glee so fantastic. Everything that happens in the teen-world is up for grabs, show-cased, and wrapped in music – this all accounts for the huge success of the show.
As for the pedophile reference, both Michele and Agron are 24 years old, and certainly old enough to make decisions on where their ‘talents’ are exposed. With tensions rising, perhaps critics should head over to the actual set of Glee, where series creator, Ryan Murphy, has a strict set of rules, including a ‘no sex amongst the co-stars’ in-between scenes.
Article first published as Glee Girls Gone Wild! on Technorati.
- Ford family retains ownership of Lions franchise March 10, 2014The Detroit Lions announced that controlling interest in the team will remain with the Ford family on Monday, one day after the death of longtime owner William Clay Ford Sr.Michael Rothstein
- Retiring Mendenhall: Tired of life in NFL March 10, 2014Rashard Mendenhall was tired of living a "private life in the public eye" as an NFL player, which included being called racial slurs online, he wrote in his most recent blog for Huffington Post in which he explained why he retired at 26 years old.Josh Weinfuss
- Source: Free agent Byrd wants $9M a year March 10, 2014Free-agent safety Jairus Byrd is aiming to become one of the NFL's highest-paid safeties when he hits the open market Tuesday, seeking a long-term deal in the range of $9 million per season, a source told ESPN.com.James Walker
- Source: Pack ink Shields to 4-year, $39M deal March 10, 2014The Green Bay Packers have re-signed cornerback Sam Shields to a four-year, $39 million deal that includes a signing bonus of $12.5 million, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.Rob Demovsky
- Source: Vikings sign Griffen to $42.5M deal March 10, 2014The Minnesota Vikings have re-signed defensive end Everson Griffen to a five-year contract worth $42.5 million, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Lions owner Ford dies at 88 of pneumonia March 10, 2014William Clay Ford Sr., who helped steer Ford Motor Co. for more than five decades and owned the NFL's Detroit Lions, has died at the age of 88.Michael Rothstein
- Cromartie released by Jets, tweets thanks March 9, 2014Cornerback Antonio Cromartie, who played in the Pro Bowl only six weeks ago, was released Sunday by the New York Jets.Rich Cimini
- Free agent WR Nicks: I can be 'missing link' March 9, 2014Hakeem Nicks emphasized Sunday that he wants a long-term contract as a free agent, claiming he can be a "missing link" to a team with championship aspirations.ESPN.com news services
- Ravens OL Reid arrested on battery charges March 9, 2014Baltimore Ravens backup offensive lineman Jah Reid was arrested on two misdemeanor charges of battery in Key West, Fla., early Sunday morning, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's office in Florida.Jamison Hensley
- Reece: Raiders must be 'fearless' in offseason March 9, 2014Free agency begins Tuesday and Oakland Raiders Pro Bowl fullback Marcel Reece has some advice for general manager Reggie McKenzie.Paul Gutierrez
- Ford family retains ownership of Lions franchise March 10, 2014