What’s the story with athletes texting their naked self to the bimbo of the week?
The latest athlete-bimbo drama is wrapped around some alleged ‘sexting’ between Favre and Jenn Sterger, a former cheerleader-turned-journalist via Playboy and Maxim layouts Sterger had landed in New York with an in-house Jets sideline reporter gig in 2008. She alleges that Favre started leaving her innocent enough voicemails, which eventually culminated in several ‘below the waist’ text pictorials complete with croc shoes.
The story broke on deadspin.com in early August, but like most scandals, took a while to rise to the surface. The indiscretions of athletes and other prominent figures are no longer swept under the duvet cover, and in fact, are a much sought-after commodity. When are these ‘superheros’ going to figure that out?
As the story goes, Sterger kept the texts and photos on her computer to share with her friends, but didn’t want to involve herself or fully divulge the dirt. In February, 2010, after discussing the details with AJ Daulerio, the editor of Deadspin.com, she sent off an email to him expressing her concern:
“NOT A WORD OF THAT SHIT TO ANYONE.
I like ya AJ… and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc… because I don’t roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not.”
It makes one ponder, why, if she didn’t want this info leaked out, would she discuss the details with a guy who runs a site that reveals salacious gossip about prominent people? I guess even big-boobed-hoes have a game plan, as she currently has hired an attorney, and lies in wait.
Two additional women, who both worked as NY Jets massage therapists in 2008, spoke of Favre’s advances and claim Favre texted them inappropriate messages, inviting them both back to his hotel room.
Favre’s wife, Deanna, spoke out about the scandal involving her husband, stating ‘I’m handling this through faith.” Favre, for the most part, remains mum, answering the repetitive questions with, “The NFL is investigating.”
- RG III to drive NASCAR Richmond pace car April 23, 2014Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III will drive the pace car for Saturday's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Richmond International Raceway.ESPN.com news services
- Mara: Expanded NFL playoffs likely out for '14 April 23, 2014While NFL commissioner Roger Goodell hasn't shut the door on the possibility of expanding the playoff field from 12 to 14 teams for the 2014 season, New York Giants president John Mara believes the league has all but tabled the idea.ESPN.com news services
- Ex-cheerleaders sue Bills for low pay, treatment April 23, 2014Five former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders on Tuesday sued the team over a pay system they say had them working hundreds of hours for free at games and at mandatory public appearances.Associated Press
- Woodley: Raiders 'definitely' a playoff team April 23, 2014LaMarr Woodley, one of several high-profile free agents signed by the Oakland Raiders this offseason, believes that his new team will ends its 11-year postseason drought.ESPN.com news services
- Manziel, Clowney among 30 attending draft April 23, 2014The NFL says 30 top prospects, including Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel and South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, will attend the draft next month in New York.Associated Press
- NFL to release schedule Wednesday night April 23, 2014The NFL schedule is going to be officially announced and released at 8 p.m. ET Wednesday.John Clayton
- Bills' Marrone had cancerous mole removed April 23, 2014Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone says he has had a cancerous mole removed following a recent doctor's visit, and adds it will not have any effect on his ability to continue coaching.Associated Press
- Men linked by Tillman tragedy make contact April 23, 2014Two former Army Rangers who shared a tragic bond in their platoon mate Pat Tillman's death -- but from starkly different perspectives -- took initial steps toward reconciliation Tuesday, the 10th anniversary of Tillman's death in Afghanistan.Mike Fish and William Weinbaum
- 49ers' Davis: 'We must win a Super Bowl' April 23, 2014While the San Francisco 49ers have endured a rocky offseason, star tight end Vernon Davis says the franchise needs to accomplish one goal for the upcoming campaign.ESPN.com news services
- Thurmond: Giants' DBs can match Seahawks' April 22, 2014Walter Thurmond did not waste any time making bold statements about his new team, the New York Giants.Kieran Darcy
- RG III to drive NASCAR Richmond pace car April 23, 2014