What’s the story with athletes texting their naked self to the bimbo of the week?
The latest athlete-bimbo drama is wrapped around some alleged ‘sexting’ between Favre and Jenn Sterger, a former cheerleader-turned-journalist via Playboy and Maxim layouts Sterger had landed in New York with an in-house Jets sideline reporter gig in 2008. She alleges that Favre started leaving her innocent enough voicemails, which eventually culminated in several ‘below the waist’ text pictorials complete with croc shoes.
The story broke on deadspin.com in early August, but like most scandals, took a while to rise to the surface. The indiscretions of athletes and other prominent figures are no longer swept under the duvet cover, and in fact, are a much sought-after commodity. When are these ‘superheros’ going to figure that out?
As the story goes, Sterger kept the texts and photos on her computer to share with her friends, but didn’t want to involve herself or fully divulge the dirt. In February, 2010, after discussing the details with AJ Daulerio, the editor of Deadspin.com, she sent off an email to him expressing her concern:
“NOT A WORD OF THAT SHIT TO ANYONE.
I like ya AJ… and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc… because I don’t roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not.”
It makes one ponder, why, if she didn’t want this info leaked out, would she discuss the details with a guy who runs a site that reveals salacious gossip about prominent people? I guess even big-boobed-hoes have a game plan, as she currently has hired an attorney, and lies in wait.
Two additional women, who both worked as NY Jets massage therapists in 2008, spoke of Favre’s advances and claim Favre texted them inappropriate messages, inviting them both back to his hotel room.
Favre’s wife, Deanna, spoke out about the scandal involving her husband, stating ‘I’m handling this through faith.” Favre, for the most part, remains mum, answering the repetitive questions with, “The NFL is investigating.”
- Mario Williams' ex alleges suicide-talk texts May 18, 2013An initial attempt to settle a lawsuit between Buffalo Bills defensive end Mario Williams and his former fiancee over the possession of a $785,000 diamond engagement ring has failed. […]Associated Press
- DE Freeney, Chargers agree to contract May 18, 2013The San Diego Chargers made a move to bolster their pass rush Saturday, agreeing on a two-year deal with defensive end Dwight Freeney, league sources told ESPN's Ed Werder. […]ESPN.com news services
- Source: Gronkowski may need back surgery May 18, 2013In addition to a fourth surgery on his broken forearm, New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski might need back surgery, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. […]ESPNBoston.com
- Seahawks DE Irvin suspended four games May 18, 2013Seattle Seahawks defensive end Bruce Irvin was suspended for the first four games of the 2013 season on Friday after the league announced he violated the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances. […]Associated Press
- Bears, first-round pick G Long agree to deal May 18, 2013The Bears agreed to terms on a four-year deal, plus an option, with 2013 first round draft choice Kyle Long on Friday, the team announced. […]Jeff Dickerson
- Jets' Goodson arrested for drugs, weapons May 18, 2013New York Jets running back Mike Goodson was arrested Friday morning on drug possession and weapon charges, New Jersey state police spokesperson Stephen Jones told ESPN's Adam Schefter. […]Matt Ehalt
- Ex-O.J. lawyer says Simpson knew about guns May 17, 2013The lawyer who unsuccessfully defended O.J. Simpson against armed robbery charges testified Friday his client knew two companions had guns in a 2007 confrontation with memorabilia dealers. […]Associated Press
- Report: P. Manning's money same in new deal May 17, 2013Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning has signed a new contract, although the deal doesn't alter his compensation, Pro Football Talk reported Friday. […]ESPN.com news services
- Source: Stallworth recovered, cleared to play May 17, 2013Free-agent wide receiver Donte Stallworth has been cleared to return for all football activities relating to his injuries from a hot air balloon incident in April, a league source tells ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. […]ESPN.com news services
- Ex-Ohio State RB Clarett to try hand at rugby May 17, 2013Former Ohio State star running back Maurice Clarett will trying his hand at something other than football. […]ESPN.com news services
- Mario Williams' ex alleges suicide-talk texts May 18, 2013