What’s the story with athletes texting their naked self to the bimbo of the week?
The latest athlete-bimbo drama is wrapped around some alleged ‘sexting’ between Favre and Jenn Sterger, a former cheerleader-turned-journalist via Playboy and Maxim layouts Sterger had landed in New York with an in-house Jets sideline reporter gig in 2008. She alleges that Favre started leaving her innocent enough voicemails, which eventually culminated in several ‘below the waist’ text pictorials complete with croc shoes.
The story broke on deadspin.com in early August, but like most scandals, took a while to rise to the surface. The indiscretions of athletes and other prominent figures are no longer swept under the duvet cover, and in fact, are a much sought-after commodity. When are these ‘superheros’ going to figure that out?
As the story goes, Sterger kept the texts and photos on her computer to share with her friends, but didn’t want to involve herself or fully divulge the dirt. In February, 2010, after discussing the details with AJ Daulerio, the editor of Deadspin.com, she sent off an email to him expressing her concern:
“NOT A WORD OF THAT SHIT TO ANYONE.
I like ya AJ… and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc… because I don’t roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not.”
It makes one ponder, why, if she didn’t want this info leaked out, would she discuss the details with a guy who runs a site that reveals salacious gossip about prominent people? I guess even big-boobed-hoes have a game plan, as she currently has hired an attorney, and lies in wait.
Two additional women, who both worked as NY Jets massage therapists in 2008, spoke of Favre’s advances and claim Favre texted them inappropriate messages, inviting them both back to his hotel room.
Favre’s wife, Deanna, spoke out about the scandal involving her husband, stating ‘I’m handling this through faith.” Favre, for the most part, remains mum, answering the repetitive questions with, “The NFL is investigating.”
- Both Vegas odds and fans betting on Patriots January 27, 2015The Super Bowl point spread is holding steady at New England minus-1, even as money continues to pile up on the Patriots in Las Vegas.David Purdum
- Ex-Patriots RB Mosi Tatupu suffered from CTE January 27, 2015Former New England Patriots running back Moses Tatupu, who died of a heart attack in 2010 at the age of 54, suffered from chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), a disease that has been linked to football-related head trauma.ESPN.com news services
- Source: Fewell to coach Redskins' secondary January 27, 2015The Washington Redskins added another piece to their defensive staff, hiring former New York Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell to become the Redskins' secondary coach, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.John Keim
- Repetitive Lynch: 'Here so I won't get fined' January 27, 2015During Super Bowl media day, Marshawn Lynch, reportedly threatened with a $500,000 fine, answered every question with some variation of "I'm here so I won't get fined."Jeff Legwold
- Kraft: Sherman 'very smart marketing whiz' January 27, 2015Robert Kraft isn't about to start a war of words with Richard Sherman, who said Sunday that the Patriots wouldn't be disciplined by the NFL for underinflated footballs because of Kraft's close relationship with Roger Goodell.Mike Reiss
- Browner stands by comments on targeting January 27, 2015Brandon Browner stood by his remarks to ESPN's Josina Anderson about instructing teammates to go after injuries to Seahawks defensive backs Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas in Super Bowl XLIX, saying it is all in the spirit of competition.Mike Reiss
- McDaniels: Pats must be smart vs. Sherman January 27, 2015Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels said Tuesday that an offense can't avoid Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman all the time, but by the same token, "You can't not be smart and just throw at him because you're just trying to throw at him."Jeff Legwold
- Sharper hearing in Calif. scheduled for Feb. 17 January 27, 2015A preliminary hearing for former NFL All-Pro safety Darren Sharper on charges that he drugged and raped two women he met at a West Hollywood nightclub has been tentatively set for Feb. 17.Associated Press
- Kraft expects apology if NFL can't find culprit January 27, 2015Patriots owner Robert Kraft made a surprise appearance at the team's opening news conference of Super Bowl XLIX, saying the NFL owed them an apology if its investigation over deflated footballs doesn't uncover wrongdoing.Mike Reiss
- Colts keep coveted Chudzinski with new deal January 27, 2015Rob Chudzinski is officially off the market for coordinator positions around the NFL.Mike Wells
- Both Vegas odds and fans betting on Patriots January 27, 2015