What’s the story with athletes texting their naked self to the bimbo of the week?
The latest athlete-bimbo drama is wrapped around some alleged ‘sexting’ between Favre and Jenn Sterger, a former cheerleader-turned-journalist via Playboy and Maxim layouts Sterger had landed in New York with an in-house Jets sideline reporter gig in 2008. She alleges that Favre started leaving her innocent enough voicemails, which eventually culminated in several ‘below the waist’ text pictorials complete with croc shoes.
The story broke on deadspin.com in early August, but like most scandals, took a while to rise to the surface. The indiscretions of athletes and other prominent figures are no longer swept under the duvet cover, and in fact, are a much sought-after commodity. When are these ‘superheros’ going to figure that out?
As the story goes, Sterger kept the texts and photos on her computer to share with her friends, but didn’t want to involve herself or fully divulge the dirt. In February, 2010, after discussing the details with AJ Daulerio, the editor of Deadspin.com, she sent off an email to him expressing her concern:
“NOT A WORD OF THAT SHIT TO ANYONE.
I like ya AJ… and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc… because I don’t roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not.”
It makes one ponder, why, if she didn’t want this info leaked out, would she discuss the details with a guy who runs a site that reveals salacious gossip about prominent people? I guess even big-boobed-hoes have a game plan, as she currently has hired an attorney, and lies in wait.
Two additional women, who both worked as NY Jets massage therapists in 2008, spoke of Favre’s advances and claim Favre texted them inappropriate messages, inviting them both back to his hotel room.
Favre’s wife, Deanna, spoke out about the scandal involving her husband, stating ‘I’m handling this through faith.” Favre, for the most part, remains mum, answering the repetitive questions with, “The NFL is investigating.”
- Cowboys' Spillman faces sexual assault claim October 2, 2014Dallas Cowboys safety C.J. Spillman is being investigated in connection with an alleged sexual assault at the team's hotel last month, according to Grapevine, Texas police.Calvin Watkins and Todd Archer
- Gannon says Raiders 'stealing' from Oakland October 2, 2014One of the last great Oakland Raiders players has taken aim at the woebegone franchise again, with Rich Gannon railing against the team Wednesday.Bill Williamson
- Newton: Length of ankle rehab downplayed October 2, 2014Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton expressed surprise on Wednesday that his left ankle that was surgically repaired in March still isn't 100 percent.David Newton
- Panthers' Alexander suspended 10 games October 2, 2014Carolina Panthers defensive end Frank Alexander, scheduled to return Wednesday from a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy, has been suspended for 10 more games for a second violation.David Newton
- Rams' Fisher sticking with Davis as top QB October 2, 2014St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher officially named Austin Davis his starting quarterback on Wednesday afternoon.Nick Wagoner
- Suspended Jags WR Blackmon in treatment October 2, 2014Suspended Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Justin Blackmon has voluntarily checked into a treatment facility and seems to be doing well.Associated Press
- Jets' Ryan: Ultimately, lineup decisions mine October 2, 2014After hearing the critics weigh in, Jets coach Rex Ryan wanted another crack Wednesday at the idea of who has the final say on benching a player. Ryan clarified that the committee approach ends when the game starts.Jane McManus
- NFL re-ups 'Sunday Ticket' deal with DirecTV October 2, 2014The NFL and DirecTV announced Wednesday it had extended its relationship.Darren Rovell
- WR Smith rips Panthers GM: It was personal October 1, 2014Steve Smith blasted Carolina GM David Gettleman during a radio interview Wednesday, criticizing the manner in which he was released by the Panthers earlier this year.David Newton
- Palmer seeks another opinion on shoulder October 1, 2014XxxJosh Weinfuss
- Cowboys' Spillman faces sexual assault claim October 2, 2014