What’s the story with athletes texting their naked self to the bimbo of the week?
The latest athlete-bimbo drama is wrapped around some alleged ‘sexting’ between Favre and Jenn Sterger, a former cheerleader-turned-journalist via Playboy and Maxim layouts Sterger had landed in New York with an in-house Jets sideline reporter gig in 2008. She alleges that Favre started leaving her innocent enough voicemails, which eventually culminated in several ‘below the waist’ text pictorials complete with croc shoes.
The story broke on deadspin.com in early August, but like most scandals, took a while to rise to the surface. The indiscretions of athletes and other prominent figures are no longer swept under the duvet cover, and in fact, are a much sought-after commodity. When are these ‘superheros’ going to figure that out?
As the story goes, Sterger kept the texts and photos on her computer to share with her friends, but didn’t want to involve herself or fully divulge the dirt. In February, 2010, after discussing the details with AJ Daulerio, the editor of Deadspin.com, she sent off an email to him expressing her concern:
“NOT A WORD OF THAT SHIT TO ANYONE.
I like ya AJ… and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc… because I don’t roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not.”
It makes one ponder, why, if she didn’t want this info leaked out, would she discuss the details with a guy who runs a site that reveals salacious gossip about prominent people? I guess even big-boobed-hoes have a game plan, as she currently has hired an attorney, and lies in wait.
Two additional women, who both worked as NY Jets massage therapists in 2008, spoke of Favre’s advances and claim Favre texted them inappropriate messages, inviting them both back to his hotel room.
Favre’s wife, Deanna, spoke out about the scandal involving her husband, stating ‘I’m handling this through faith.” Favre, for the most part, remains mum, answering the repetitive questions with, “The NFL is investigating.”
- Browns decide to start Hoyer over Manziel August 20, 2014The Cleveland Browns have committed to start Brian Hoyer over rookie Johnny Manziel at quarterback to begin the 2014 season, the team announced Wednesday morning.Pat McManamon
- 49ers sign DT Dorsey to 2-year extension August 20, 2014The San Francisco 49ers announced Tuesday afternoon the signing of defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey to a two-year contract extension through 2016, though Dorsey is recovering from a potential season-ending injury to his left biceps.Paul Gutierrez
- Ditka: Changing Redskins name 'ridiculous' August 20, 2014Former Chicago Bears coach and current ESPN analyst Mike Ditka said it would it would be "ridiculous" to change the Washington Redskins nickname in an interview with RedskinsHistorian.com's Mike Richman.ESPN.com news services
- Pettine: Gordon's effort in loss disappointing August 20, 2014The Cleveland Browns did not like what they saw in wide receiver Josh Gordon on Monday night in the 24-23 loss to Washington.Pat McManamon
- Former Titan Shaw announces ALS diagnosis August 20, 2014Former Tennessee Titans linebacker and special teamer Tim Shaw revealed Tuesday in a video on the team's website that he has ALS.Paul Kuharsky
- Source: Keisel agrees to return to Steelers August 20, 2014Defensive end Brett Keisel has reached an agreement to return to the Pittsburgh Steelers, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.Scott Brown
- Steelers sign Gilbert to new 6-year contract August 20, 2014The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed right tackle Marcus Gilbert to a new six-year contract, locking up another player on their offensive line who had been in the final year of his deal.Scott Brown
- Redskins humored by middle-finger salute August 20, 2014The Washington Redskins wanted to have a little fun with Johnny Football. Then Johnny Manziel flipped them off, and the gesture was caught by the TV cameras and most of the Redskins' sideline. Rather than taking offense, the Redskins found it funny.John Keim
- Watt hopes Texans reward him with contract August 19, 2014Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt doesn't see any reason to get involved with his contract negotiations right now. But he does hope the Texans will reward him as several other teams have their 2011 draft picks.Tania Ganguli
- Survey: Most players say Manziel will succeed August 19, 2014Nearly seven in 10 NFL players surveyed by ESPN.com and ESPN The Magazine think Johnny Manziel will succeed in the NFL.Scott Brown
- Browns decide to start Hoyer over Manziel August 20, 2014