What’s the story with athletes texting their naked self to the bimbo of the week?
The latest athlete-bimbo drama is wrapped around some alleged ‘sexting’ between Favre and Jenn Sterger, a former cheerleader-turned-journalist via Playboy and Maxim layouts Sterger had landed in New York with an in-house Jets sideline reporter gig in 2008. She alleges that Favre started leaving her innocent enough voicemails, which eventually culminated in several ‘below the waist’ text pictorials complete with croc shoes.
The story broke on deadspin.com in early August, but like most scandals, took a while to rise to the surface. The indiscretions of athletes and other prominent figures are no longer swept under the duvet cover, and in fact, are a much sought-after commodity. When are these ‘superheros’ going to figure that out?
As the story goes, Sterger kept the texts and photos on her computer to share with her friends, but didn’t want to involve herself or fully divulge the dirt. In February, 2010, after discussing the details with AJ Daulerio, the editor of Deadspin.com, she sent off an email to him expressing her concern:
“NOT A WORD OF THAT SHIT TO ANYONE.
I like ya AJ… and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc… because I don’t roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not.”
It makes one ponder, why, if she didn’t want this info leaked out, would she discuss the details with a guy who runs a site that reveals salacious gossip about prominent people? I guess even big-boobed-hoes have a game plan, as she currently has hired an attorney, and lies in wait.
Two additional women, who both worked as NY Jets massage therapists in 2008, spoke of Favre’s advances and claim Favre texted them inappropriate messages, inviting them both back to his hotel room.
Favre’s wife, Deanna, spoke out about the scandal involving her husband, stating ‘I’m handling this through faith.” Favre, for the most part, remains mum, answering the repetitive questions with, “The NFL is investigating.”
- Sources: Seahawks favorites to land Bennett March 10, 2014The Seattle Seahawks have emerged as the favorite to land free agent defensive end Michael Bennett, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Source: Steelers will release OLB Woodley March 10, 2014The Pittsburgh Steelers will release linebacker LaMarr Woodley when the new league year begins Tuesday, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Chargers re-sign OL Rinehart to 2-year deal March 10, 2014San Diego Chargers general manager Tom Telesco continued his effort to keep impact players from the team's 2013 postseason run on the current roster, agreeing to terms on a two-year deal with offensive lineman Chad Rinehart.Eric D. Williams
- Ford family retains ownership of Lions franchise March 10, 2014The Detroit Lions announced that controlling interest in the team will remain with the Ford family on Monday, one day after the death of longtime owner William Clay Ford Sr.Michael Rothstein
- Retiring Mendenhall: Tired of life in NFL March 10, 2014Rashard Mendenhall was tired of living a "private life in the public eye" as an NFL player, which included being called racial slurs online, he wrote in his most recent blog for Huffington Post in which he explained why he retired at 26 years old.Josh Weinfuss
- Source: Free agent Byrd wants $9M a year March 10, 2014Free-agent safety Jairus Byrd is aiming to become one of the NFL's highest-paid safeties when he hits the open market Tuesday, seeking a long-term deal in the range of $9 million per season, a source told ESPN.com.James Walker
- Source: Patriots will re-sign Hoomanawanui March 10, 2014The New England Patriots will re-sign free agent tight end Michael Hoomanawanui, a league source confirmed to ESPNBoston.com.Field Yates
- Source: Pack ink Shields to 4-year, $39M deal March 10, 2014The Green Bay Packers have re-signed cornerback Sam Shields to a four-year, $39 million deal that includes a signing bonus of $12.5 million, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.Rob Demovsky
- Source: Vikings sign Griffen to $42.5M deal March 10, 2014The Minnesota Vikings have re-signed defensive end Everson Griffen to a five-year contract worth $42.5 million, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Lions owner Ford dies at 88 of pneumonia March 10, 2014William Clay Ford Sr., who helped steer Ford Motor Co. for more than five decades and owned the NFL's Detroit Lions, has died at the age of 88.Michael Rothstein
- Sources: Seahawks favorites to land Bennett March 10, 2014