What’s the story with athletes texting their naked self to the bimbo of the week?
The latest athlete-bimbo drama is wrapped around some alleged ‘sexting’ between Favre and Jenn Sterger, a former cheerleader-turned-journalist via Playboy and Maxim layouts Sterger had landed in New York with an in-house Jets sideline reporter gig in 2008. She alleges that Favre started leaving her innocent enough voicemails, which eventually culminated in several ‘below the waist’ text pictorials complete with croc shoes.
The story broke on deadspin.com in early August, but like most scandals, took a while to rise to the surface. The indiscretions of athletes and other prominent figures are no longer swept under the duvet cover, and in fact, are a much sought-after commodity. When are these ‘superheros’ going to figure that out?
As the story goes, Sterger kept the texts and photos on her computer to share with her friends, but didn’t want to involve herself or fully divulge the dirt. In February, 2010, after discussing the details with AJ Daulerio, the editor of Deadspin.com, she sent off an email to him expressing her concern:
“NOT A WORD OF THAT SHIT TO ANYONE.
I like ya AJ… and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc… because I don’t roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not.”
It makes one ponder, why, if she didn’t want this info leaked out, would she discuss the details with a guy who runs a site that reveals salacious gossip about prominent people? I guess even big-boobed-hoes have a game plan, as she currently has hired an attorney, and lies in wait.
Two additional women, who both worked as NY Jets massage therapists in 2008, spoke of Favre’s advances and claim Favre texted them inappropriate messages, inviting them both back to his hotel room.
Favre’s wife, Deanna, spoke out about the scandal involving her husband, stating ‘I’m handling this through faith.” Favre, for the most part, remains mum, answering the repetitive questions with, “The NFL is investigating.”
- Bucs sign DT McCoy to $98 million extension October 25, 2014Gerald McCoy has signed a seven-year extension with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers worth $98 million, making him the highest-paid defensive tackle in the NFL.ESPN.com news services
- Titans RB Greene arrested on multiple charges October 25, 2014Tennessee Titans running back Shonn Greene was arrested Friday night on multiple charges after attempting to avoid a ticket for parking in a handicapped space.ESPN.com news services
- Manning: 'Not scoreboard op's best night' October 25, 2014Peyton Manning will "have a little talk" with the scoreboard operator in the wake of what the Broncos QB says were distractions during Denver's win against the Chargers.Jeff Legwold
- Addae has concussion; Chargers back protocol October 25, 2014The San Diego Chargers followed proper medical procedure after safety Jahleel Addae had two scary reactions following hits in Thursday night's 35-21 loss at Denver, coach Mike McCoy said.Associated Press
- Billionaire Allen donates $100M to fight Ebola October 25, 2014Billionaire Paul Allen, who owns the Seattle Seahawks and the Portland Trail Blazers, has pledged to contribute at least $100 million to the fight against the deadly Ebola virus.ESPN.com news services
- Ravens TE Daniels out after knee procedure October 25, 2014Ravens tight end Owen Daniels will miss at least one game after undergoing a clean-up procedure on his left knee, coach John Harbaugh said Friday.Jamison Hensley
- Saints to be without RBs Thomas, Robinson October 25, 2014New Orleans Saints running backs Pierre Thomas and Khiry Robinson have both been ruled out for Sunday night's game against the Green Bay Packers with injuries.Mike Triplett
- Union: NFL, Ravens not helping in Rice probe October 25, 2014The attorney leading the NFL players' union investigation into the Ray Rice domestic violence case tells The Associated Press the league and the Baltimore Ravens have not been cooperating.Associated Press
- Colts WR Wayne won't play vs. Steelers October 25, 2014Indianapolis Colts receiver Reggie Wayne will not play Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers as he continues to deal with an elbow injury, coach Chuck Pagano told reporters Friday.ESPN.com news services
- Union questions NFL's domestic violence plan October 24, 2014The players' union has questioned why the NFL's domestic violence training and education program "treats all players as perpetrators."Associated Press
- Bucs sign DT McCoy to $98 million extension October 25, 2014