What’s the story with athletes texting their naked self to the bimbo of the week?
The latest athlete-bimbo drama is wrapped around some alleged ‘sexting’ between Favre and Jenn Sterger, a former cheerleader-turned-journalist via Playboy and Maxim layouts Sterger had landed in New York with an in-house Jets sideline reporter gig in 2008. She alleges that Favre started leaving her innocent enough voicemails, which eventually culminated in several ‘below the waist’ text pictorials complete with croc shoes.
The story broke on deadspin.com in early August, but like most scandals, took a while to rise to the surface. The indiscretions of athletes and other prominent figures are no longer swept under the duvet cover, and in fact, are a much sought-after commodity. When are these ‘superheros’ going to figure that out?
As the story goes, Sterger kept the texts and photos on her computer to share with her friends, but didn’t want to involve herself or fully divulge the dirt. In February, 2010, after discussing the details with AJ Daulerio, the editor of Deadspin.com, she sent off an email to him expressing her concern:
“NOT A WORD OF THAT SHIT TO ANYONE.
I like ya AJ… and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc… because I don’t roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not.”
It makes one ponder, why, if she didn’t want this info leaked out, would she discuss the details with a guy who runs a site that reveals salacious gossip about prominent people? I guess even big-boobed-hoes have a game plan, as she currently has hired an attorney, and lies in wait.
Two additional women, who both worked as NY Jets massage therapists in 2008, spoke of Favre’s advances and claim Favre texted them inappropriate messages, inviting them both back to his hotel room.
Favre’s wife, Deanna, spoke out about the scandal involving her husband, stating ‘I’m handling this through faith.” Favre, for the most part, remains mum, answering the repetitive questions with, “The NFL is investigating.”
- Sources: Watt, Texans agree to $100M deal September 2, 2014The Houston Texans and defensive end J.J. Watt have reached agreement on a new, six-year deal that could pay him $100 million, league sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.Chris Mortensen
- Niners OG Boone ends holdout, practices September 2, 2014San Francisco 49ers right guard Alex Boone ended his holdout Monday by reporting and passing a physical, the team announced.Paul Gutierrez
- Raiders start rookie Carr, not Schaub, at QB September 2, 2014The Oakland Raiders have named rookie Derek Carr their starting quarterback.ESPN.com news services
- Rams finalize practice squad minus Sam September 2, 2014The St. Louis Rams announced their 10-man practice squad Monday afternoon and defensive end Michael Sam is not part of it.Nick Wagoner
- Welker practices, not cleared for contact September 2, 2014Denver Broncos receiver Wes Welker (concussion) returns to practice.Jeff Legwold
- CB-needy Jets add Adams to secondary mix September 2, 2014Six days before the season opener, the cornerback-needy New York Jets continued to tinker with their secondary, signing free-agent journeyman Phillip Adams.Rich Cimini
- Titans agree to contract with kicker Succup September 1, 2014Veteran kicker Ryan Succop has agreed to a one-year deal with the Tennessee Titans who chose to go with experience rather than an undrafted rookie.Associated Press
- It's 'unofficial': Lions' Fairley a starter again September 1, 2014Detroit Lions defensive tackle Nick Fairley returns to the team's starting lineup.Michael Rothstein
- Coughlin: Beckham 'couple, 3 weeks away' September 1, 2014Rookie receiver Odell Beckham Jr. could be weeks away from returning for the New York Giants.Dan Graziano
- Chiefs' Smith wanted deal prior to season September 1, 2014Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith said Monday he didn't want to go into the season without a contract extension. He won't have to after signing a four-year extension a day earlier.Adam Teicher
- Sources: Watt, Texans agree to $100M deal September 2, 2014