What’s the story with athletes texting their naked self to the bimbo of the week?
The latest athlete-bimbo drama is wrapped around some alleged ‘sexting’ between Favre and Jenn Sterger, a former cheerleader-turned-journalist via Playboy and Maxim layouts Sterger had landed in New York with an in-house Jets sideline reporter gig in 2008. She alleges that Favre started leaving her innocent enough voicemails, which eventually culminated in several ‘below the waist’ text pictorials complete with croc shoes.
The story broke on deadspin.com in early August, but like most scandals, took a while to rise to the surface. The indiscretions of athletes and other prominent figures are no longer swept under the duvet cover, and in fact, are a much sought-after commodity. When are these ‘superheros’ going to figure that out?
As the story goes, Sterger kept the texts and photos on her computer to share with her friends, but didn’t want to involve herself or fully divulge the dirt. In February, 2010, after discussing the details with AJ Daulerio, the editor of Deadspin.com, she sent off an email to him expressing her concern:
“NOT A WORD OF THAT SHIT TO ANYONE.
I like ya AJ… and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc… because I don’t roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not.”
It makes one ponder, why, if she didn’t want this info leaked out, would she discuss the details with a guy who runs a site that reveals salacious gossip about prominent people? I guess even big-boobed-hoes have a game plan, as she currently has hired an attorney, and lies in wait.
Two additional women, who both worked as NY Jets massage therapists in 2008, spoke of Favre’s advances and claim Favre texted them inappropriate messages, inviting them both back to his hotel room.
Favre’s wife, Deanna, spoke out about the scandal involving her husband, stating ‘I’m handling this through faith.” Favre, for the most part, remains mum, answering the repetitive questions with, “The NFL is investigating.”
- Broncos' Harris: Wilson better QB than Luck September 22, 2014When the quarterback class of the 2012 draft is discussed, Andrew Luck usually gets put at the top of the list, but Denver Broncos cornerback Chris Harris said Sunday that the experts have it wrong because Russell Wilson is clearly the leader of the pack.ESPN.com news services
- Steelers defense loses key trio vs. Panthers September 22, 2014A Pittsburgh Steelers defense that is playing its best game of the season is running short on linebackers at Bank of America Stadium.Scott Brown
- Williams says Kelly pushing Eagles too hard September 22, 2014Eagles cornerback Cary Williams believes coach Chip Kelly is pushing his players too hard.Phil Sheridan
- Ravens' Pitta carted off field with hip injury September 22, 2014Baltimore Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta remains hospitalized after suffering a dislocated hip and is scheduled for more tests on Monday to determine if the hip is fractured, a league source told ESPN.Jamison Hensley and Adam Schefter
- Take a knee: Seattle DB proposes after win September 22, 2014Seattle Seahawks defensive back DeShawn Shead proposes to girlfriend on field following team's overtime win against the Denver Broncos.Terry Blount
- Cards' Cromartie suffers hyperextended knee September 22, 2014Antonio Cromartie hyperextended his left knee in Sunday's 23-14 win over the San Francisco 49ers and will not know the severity of the injury until Monday.Josh Weinfuss
- Seahawks halt Broncos' rally for OT victory September 22, 2014Marshawn Lynch scored on a 6-yard TD run on the first possession of overtime and the Seattle Seahawks beat the Denver Broncos 26-20 on Sunday in a Super Bowl rematch that lived up to expectations.Associated Press
- Stanton propels Cardinals' rally past 49ers September 22, 2014Drew Stanton threw a pair of third-quarter touchdown passes to rookie John Brown and Arizona rallied to beat San Francisco 23-14 on Sunday, snapping a four-game losing streak to the 49ers.Associated Press
- Manziel reception illegal, though not flagged September 22, 2014The gadget play Johnny Manziel ran in the Cleveland Browns' 23-21 loss to the Baltimore Ravens was called back by penalty -- and should have been flagged for another 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct, according to the NFL office.Pat McManamon
- Eagles, Redskins brawl after hard hit on Foles September 22, 2014Two players were ejected following a hockey-style, benches-clearing incident during Sunday's game between the rival Washington Redskins and Philadelphia Eagles.Phil Sheridan
- Broncos' Harris: Wilson better QB than Luck September 22, 2014