What’s the story with athletes texting their naked self to the bimbo of the week?
The latest athlete-bimbo drama is wrapped around some alleged ‘sexting’ between Favre and Jenn Sterger, a former cheerleader-turned-journalist via Playboy and Maxim layouts Sterger had landed in New York with an in-house Jets sideline reporter gig in 2008. She alleges that Favre started leaving her innocent enough voicemails, which eventually culminated in several ‘below the waist’ text pictorials complete with croc shoes.
The story broke on deadspin.com in early August, but like most scandals, took a while to rise to the surface. The indiscretions of athletes and other prominent figures are no longer swept under the duvet cover, and in fact, are a much sought-after commodity. When are these ‘superheros’ going to figure that out?
As the story goes, Sterger kept the texts and photos on her computer to share with her friends, but didn’t want to involve herself or fully divulge the dirt. In February, 2010, after discussing the details with AJ Daulerio, the editor of Deadspin.com, she sent off an email to him expressing her concern:
“NOT A WORD OF THAT SHIT TO ANYONE.
I like ya AJ… and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc… because I don’t roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not.”
It makes one ponder, why, if she didn’t want this info leaked out, would she discuss the details with a guy who runs a site that reveals salacious gossip about prominent people? I guess even big-boobed-hoes have a game plan, as she currently has hired an attorney, and lies in wait.
Two additional women, who both worked as NY Jets massage therapists in 2008, spoke of Favre’s advances and claim Favre texted them inappropriate messages, inviting them both back to his hotel room.
Favre’s wife, Deanna, spoke out about the scandal involving her husband, stating ‘I’m handling this through faith.” Favre, for the most part, remains mum, answering the repetitive questions with, “The NFL is investigating.”
- Source: Free agent Sam to be at vet combine February 28, 2015Free agent defensive end Michael Sam has been accepted into the NFL veteran combine, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- NFL to reconsider decades-old combine drills February 28, 2015The NFL will reconsider tweaking its long-standing timing and testing drills at the scouting combine this offseason.Mike Rodak
- Browns, vet McCown agree to 3-year deal February 28, 2015Josh McCown will be joining the Cleveland Browns.Pat McManamon
- Stadium near LAX a terror risk, report says February 28, 2015A report commissioned by the developer of a downtown Los Angeles football stadium warns that a rival project nearby could be a potential terrorist target because of its proximity to Los Angeles International Airport.ESPN.com news services
- Former Packer got death threats after fumble February 27, 2015Former Green Bay Packers tight end Brandon Bostick said he received death threats after he botched the onside kick recovery in the NFC Championship Game and that a former NFL player who went through something similar has helped him deal with it.Rob Demovsky
- Dolphins release Hartline after 2014 drop-off February 27, 2015The Miami Dolphins released wide receivers Brian Hartline and Brandon Gibson on Friday, the team announced.Mike Rodak
- Instead of payday, Dockett cut by Cardinals February 27, 2015Defensive tackle Darnell Dockett, who was entering the final year of his contract with the Arizona Cardinals, was released by the team Friday.Josh Weinfuss
- Several Hernandez texts are missing from phone February 27, 2015Texts and phone records shown to jurors in the Aaron Hernandez trial showed that several messages he exchanged with a co-defendant before the killing were deleted from his phone.Associated Press
- Redskins begin purge, release Cofield, Bowen February 27, 2015The Redskins' offseason purge began with their defensive line as they released veterans Barry Cofield and Stephen Bowen on Friday.John Keim
- NFL hires Gustafson as D.C.-based lobbyist February 27, 2015The NFL has hired Nicole Gustafson as a lobbyist.Associated Press
- Source: Free agent Sam to be at vet combine February 28, 2015