What’s the story with athletes texting their naked self to the bimbo of the week?
The latest athlete-bimbo drama is wrapped around some alleged ‘sexting’ between Favre and Jenn Sterger, a former cheerleader-turned-journalist via Playboy and Maxim layouts Sterger had landed in New York with an in-house Jets sideline reporter gig in 2008. She alleges that Favre started leaving her innocent enough voicemails, which eventually culminated in several ‘below the waist’ text pictorials complete with croc shoes.
The story broke on deadspin.com in early August, but like most scandals, took a while to rise to the surface. The indiscretions of athletes and other prominent figures are no longer swept under the duvet cover, and in fact, are a much sought-after commodity. When are these ‘superheros’ going to figure that out?
As the story goes, Sterger kept the texts and photos on her computer to share with her friends, but didn’t want to involve herself or fully divulge the dirt. In February, 2010, after discussing the details with AJ Daulerio, the editor of Deadspin.com, she sent off an email to him expressing her concern:
“NOT A WORD OF THAT SHIT TO ANYONE.
I like ya AJ… and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc… because I don’t roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not.”
It makes one ponder, why, if she didn’t want this info leaked out, would she discuss the details with a guy who runs a site that reveals salacious gossip about prominent people? I guess even big-boobed-hoes have a game plan, as she currently has hired an attorney, and lies in wait.
Two additional women, who both worked as NY Jets massage therapists in 2008, spoke of Favre’s advances and claim Favre texted them inappropriate messages, inviting them both back to his hotel room.
Favre’s wife, Deanna, spoke out about the scandal involving her husband, stating ‘I’m handling this through faith.” Favre, for the most part, remains mum, answering the repetitive questions with, “The NFL is investigating.”
- Wilfork: Raiola cut block 'boneheaded play' November 24, 2014Vince Wilfork was unhappy with Dominic Raiola's late cut block on one of his teammates, especially since Detroit was in a victory formation.Michael Rothstein
- Niners squeak by Redskins on Hyde's late TD November 24, 2014Carlos Hyde ran for a go-ahead 4-yard touchdown with 2:59 remaining, and the San Francisco 49ers barely squeaked by the lowly Washington Redskins with a 17-13 win Sunday that kept them in the thick of the playoff chase.Associated Press
- Chargers survive Rams' furious late rally November 24, 2014Marcus Gilchrist intercepted Shaun Hill at the goal line with 56 seconds left to preserve the San Diego Chargers' 27-24 victory against the St. Louis Rams on Sunday.Associated Press
- Patriots RB Gray doesn't play after lateness November 24, 2014A week after rushing for 201 yards, New England Patriots running back Jonas Gray didn't play in Sunday's 34-9 victory against the Detroit Lions after he didn't report to the team's facility on time Friday.ESPN.com news services
- Seahawks stifle Cardinals, stay in West race November 24, 2014Russell Wilson found backup tight end Cooper Helfet for a 20-yard catch-and-run touchdown late in the third quarter, Steven Hauschka kicked four field goals and the Seahawks handed the Cardinals their second loss of the season, 19-3 on Sunday.Associated Press
- Lacy, Rodgers too much as Pack edge Vikes November 23, 2014Eddie Lacy rushed for 125 yards on 25 carries, both season highs to help Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers hang on for a 24-21 victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.Associated Press
- Bears top Bucs, spoil Lovie's Chicago return November 23, 2014Matt Forte rushed for two touchdowns in the third quarter, and the Bears spoiled Lovie Smith's return to Chicago with a 21-13 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday.Associated Press
- Brady, Pats keep rolling, stretch streak to 7 November 23, 2014Brady passes Patriots to 34-9 win over LionsAssociated Press
- Hoyer shakes off INTs, rallies Browns to win November 23, 2014Brian Hoyer shook off three interceptions, leading the Cleveland Browns down the field in the final minute to set up Billy Cundiff's 37-yard field goal as time expired for a 26-24 victory over the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday.Associated Press
- Hilton comes through with TD for baby daughter November 23, 2014Indianapolis Colts receiver T.Y. Hilton followed through with a touchdown for his newborn daughter.Mike Wells
- Wilfork: Raiola cut block 'boneheaded play' November 24, 2014