What’s the story with athletes texting their naked self to the bimbo of the week?
The latest athlete-bimbo drama is wrapped around some alleged ‘sexting’ between Favre and Jenn Sterger, a former cheerleader-turned-journalist via Playboy and Maxim layouts Sterger had landed in New York with an in-house Jets sideline reporter gig in 2008. She alleges that Favre started leaving her innocent enough voicemails, which eventually culminated in several ‘below the waist’ text pictorials complete with croc shoes.
The story broke on deadspin.com in early August, but like most scandals, took a while to rise to the surface. The indiscretions of athletes and other prominent figures are no longer swept under the duvet cover, and in fact, are a much sought-after commodity. When are these ‘superheros’ going to figure that out?
As the story goes, Sterger kept the texts and photos on her computer to share with her friends, but didn’t want to involve herself or fully divulge the dirt. In February, 2010, after discussing the details with AJ Daulerio, the editor of Deadspin.com, she sent off an email to him expressing her concern:
“NOT A WORD OF THAT SHIT TO ANYONE.
I like ya AJ… and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc… because I don’t roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not.”
It makes one ponder, why, if she didn’t want this info leaked out, would she discuss the details with a guy who runs a site that reveals salacious gossip about prominent people? I guess even big-boobed-hoes have a game plan, as she currently has hired an attorney, and lies in wait.
Two additional women, who both worked as NY Jets massage therapists in 2008, spoke of Favre’s advances and claim Favre texted them inappropriate messages, inviting them both back to his hotel room.
Favre’s wife, Deanna, spoke out about the scandal involving her husband, stating ‘I’m handling this through faith.” Favre, for the most part, remains mum, answering the repetitive questions with, “The NFL is investigating.”
- Lions' Bell (knee, Achilles) progressing in rehab August 30, 2015Lions' Bell (knee, Achilles) progressing in rehab
- Solid backup plan: Vick shines in Steelers debut August 29, 2015Solid backup plan: Vick shines in Steelers debut
- Agent: LT Williams, Redskins agree to $66M deal August 29, 2015Agent: LT Williams, Redskins agree to $66M deal
- Jags DE Branch (knee) to miss significant time August 29, 2015Jags DE Branch (knee) to miss significant time
- Mangold helps end crime spree with 911 call August 29, 2015Mangold helps end crime spree with 911 call
- Sources: Redskins eye Cousins to start Week 1 August 29, 2015Sources: Redskins eye Cousins to start Week 1
- Source: Pats' Develin breaks tibia vs. Panthers August 29, 2015Source: Pats' Develin breaks tibia vs. Panthers
- Marcus Mariota was efficient, but Titans were mostly anemic August 29, 2015Marcus Mariota was efficient, but Titans were mostly anemic
- Scott Chandler's daughters celebrate his touchdown August 29, 2015Scott Chandler's daughters celebrate his touchdown
- Doctor: RG III not cleared to return for Redskins August 29, 2015Doctor: RG III not cleared to return for Redskins
- Lions' Bell (knee, Achilles) progressing in rehab August 30, 2015