What’s the story with athletes texting their naked self to the bimbo of the week?
The latest athlete-bimbo drama is wrapped around some alleged ‘sexting’ between Favre and Jenn Sterger, a former cheerleader-turned-journalist via Playboy and Maxim layouts Sterger had landed in New York with an in-house Jets sideline reporter gig in 2008. She alleges that Favre started leaving her innocent enough voicemails, which eventually culminated in several ‘below the waist’ text pictorials complete with croc shoes.
The story broke on deadspin.com in early August, but like most scandals, took a while to rise to the surface. The indiscretions of athletes and other prominent figures are no longer swept under the duvet cover, and in fact, are a much sought-after commodity. When are these ‘superheros’ going to figure that out?
As the story goes, Sterger kept the texts and photos on her computer to share with her friends, but didn’t want to involve herself or fully divulge the dirt. In February, 2010, after discussing the details with AJ Daulerio, the editor of Deadspin.com, she sent off an email to him expressing her concern:
“NOT A WORD OF THAT SHIT TO ANYONE.
I like ya AJ… and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc… because I don’t roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not.”
It makes one ponder, why, if she didn’t want this info leaked out, would she discuss the details with a guy who runs a site that reveals salacious gossip about prominent people? I guess even big-boobed-hoes have a game plan, as she currently has hired an attorney, and lies in wait.
Two additional women, who both worked as NY Jets massage therapists in 2008, spoke of Favre’s advances and claim Favre texted them inappropriate messages, inviting them both back to his hotel room.
Favre’s wife, Deanna, spoke out about the scandal involving her husband, stating ‘I’m handling this through faith.” Favre, for the most part, remains mum, answering the repetitive questions with, “The NFL is investigating.”
- Texans' Clowney 'confident' knee is healing March 29, 2015Jadeveon Clowney feels "very confident" he can get back to being the player he once was after his rehabilitation from microfracture surgery.Tania Ganguli
- Seahawks QB Wilson works out with Rangers March 28, 2015Fantasy camp met Major League Baseball camp on Saturday, as for the second consecutive year, Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson followed up a Super Bowl appearance with a one-day workout with the Texas Rangers.Ron Matejko
- Source: Greenway takes pay cut for Vikings March 28, 2015Minnesota Vikings linebacker Chad Greenway has taken a pay cut that will give Minnesota more than $3 million in salary cap space, a league source told ESPN's Field Yates.ESPN.com news services
- Hernandez's fiancee gave co-defendant cash March 28, 2015Former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez and his fiancee traded expressionless glances Friday as she took the witness stand to testify in his murder trial.ESPN.com news services
- Report: Colts will wait on new deal for Pagano March 28, 2015The Indianapolis Colts and coach Chuck Pagano will not reach a deal on a contract extension before the season, according to a media report.ESPN.com news services
- Panthers claim Martin off waivers from 49ers March 27, 2015The Carolina Panthers claimed former San Francisco 49ers offensive tackle Jonathan Martin off waivers on Friday.David Newton
- CB Newman joins Vikings on one-year deal March 27, 2015The Minnesota Vikings and cornerback Terence Newman have agreed to terms on a one-year contract.Associated Press
- Neurologist lauds NFL's medical timeout rule March 27, 2015Dr. Javier Cardenas said the NFL's new injury-stoppage rule is a major advancement for sports medicine.Josh Weinfuss
- Bears sign ex-Jags CB Ball to 1-year deal March 27, 2015The Chicago Bears signed former Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Alan Ball to a one-year contract, the team announced Friday.ESPN.com news services
- Sam: NFL players reach out, won't come out March 27, 2015Michael Sam may be the first openly gay player to be selected in the NFL draft, but he said Thursday that there are more gay players in the NFL.ESPN.com news services
- Texans' Clowney 'confident' knee is healing March 29, 2015