What’s the story with athletes texting their naked self to the bimbo of the week?
The latest athlete-bimbo drama is wrapped around some alleged ‘sexting’ between Favre and Jenn Sterger, a former cheerleader-turned-journalist via Playboy and Maxim layouts Sterger had landed in New York with an in-house Jets sideline reporter gig in 2008. She alleges that Favre started leaving her innocent enough voicemails, which eventually culminated in several ‘below the waist’ text pictorials complete with croc shoes.
The story broke on deadspin.com in early August, but like most scandals, took a while to rise to the surface. The indiscretions of athletes and other prominent figures are no longer swept under the duvet cover, and in fact, are a much sought-after commodity. When are these ‘superheros’ going to figure that out?
As the story goes, Sterger kept the texts and photos on her computer to share with her friends, but didn’t want to involve herself or fully divulge the dirt. In February, 2010, after discussing the details with AJ Daulerio, the editor of Deadspin.com, she sent off an email to him expressing her concern:
“NOT A WORD OF THAT SHIT TO ANYONE.
I like ya AJ… and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc… because I don’t roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not.”
It makes one ponder, why, if she didn’t want this info leaked out, would she discuss the details with a guy who runs a site that reveals salacious gossip about prominent people? I guess even big-boobed-hoes have a game plan, as she currently has hired an attorney, and lies in wait.
Two additional women, who both worked as NY Jets massage therapists in 2008, spoke of Favre’s advances and claim Favre texted them inappropriate messages, inviting them both back to his hotel room.
Favre’s wife, Deanna, spoke out about the scandal involving her husband, stating ‘I’m handling this through faith.” Favre, for the most part, remains mum, answering the repetitive questions with, “The NFL is investigating.”
- Lawyer: Pounceys won't be charged for fight October 22, 2014The attorney for NFL offensive linemen Mike and Maurkice Pouncey says no charges will filed against the twin brothers stemming from a July altercation at a Miami Beach nightclub.Associated Press
- Patriots acquire linebacker Ayers from Titans October 22, 2014The Tennessee Titans traded Akeem Ayers to the New England Patriots. The deal was completed after the linebacker passed his physical Wednesday.Paul Kuharsky
- Report: Pats lose DE Jones 1 month for hip October 22, 2014New England Patriots defensive end Chandler Jones will be out for one month after suffering a hip injury, according to a Boston Globe report.Lee Schechter
- Sources: Rice files grievance against Ravens October 22, 2014Ray Rice has filed a grievance against the Baltimore Ravens for terminating his contract, multiple sources confirmed to ESPN.ESPN.com news services
- Dolphins DE: 'Blessed' to be back from ban October 22, 2014Defensive end Dion Jordan says he's blessed and thankful that the Dolphins accepted him back after his six-game suspensionsJames Walker
- Leagues file order to derail N.J. sports betting October 21, 2014The NCAA, NFL and other major professional sports leagues filed a motion for a temporary restraining order Tuesday in an effort to halt legalized sports betting in New Jersey.David Purdum
- Cowboys waive Sam from practice squad October 21, 2014The Cowboys cut ties with defensive end Michael Sam, the first openly gay player to be drafted by an NFL team, and signed linebacker Troy Davis.Todd Archer
- Jets lock up WR Kerley with 4-year extension October 21, 2014The New York Jets have signed wide receiver Jeremy Kerley to a four-year contract extension, the team announced Tuesday.ESPN.com news services
- Bucs' Bowers suspended 2 games for PEDs October 21, 2014Buccaneers DE Da'Quan Bowers has been suspended two games without pay for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances, the league announced Tuesday.ESPN.com news services
- Tuley: Week 8 NFL Vegas Power Rankings October 21, 2014Updated ratings for all 32 NFL teams, plus the best Week 8 value playsDave Tuley
- Lawyer: Pounceys won't be charged for fight October 22, 2014