What’s the story with athletes texting their naked self to the bimbo of the week?
The latest athlete-bimbo drama is wrapped around some alleged ‘sexting’ between Favre and Jenn Sterger, a former cheerleader-turned-journalist via Playboy and Maxim layouts Sterger had landed in New York with an in-house Jets sideline reporter gig in 2008. She alleges that Favre started leaving her innocent enough voicemails, which eventually culminated in several ‘below the waist’ text pictorials complete with croc shoes.
The story broke on deadspin.com in early August, but like most scandals, took a while to rise to the surface. The indiscretions of athletes and other prominent figures are no longer swept under the duvet cover, and in fact, are a much sought-after commodity. When are these ‘superheros’ going to figure that out?
As the story goes, Sterger kept the texts and photos on her computer to share with her friends, but didn’t want to involve herself or fully divulge the dirt. In February, 2010, after discussing the details with AJ Daulerio, the editor of Deadspin.com, she sent off an email to him expressing her concern:
“NOT A WORD OF THAT SHIT TO ANYONE.
I like ya AJ… and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc… because I don’t roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not.”
It makes one ponder, why, if she didn’t want this info leaked out, would she discuss the details with a guy who runs a site that reveals salacious gossip about prominent people? I guess even big-boobed-hoes have a game plan, as she currently has hired an attorney, and lies in wait.
Two additional women, who both worked as NY Jets massage therapists in 2008, spoke of Favre’s advances and claim Favre texted them inappropriate messages, inviting them both back to his hotel room.
Favre’s wife, Deanna, spoke out about the scandal involving her husband, stating ‘I’m handling this through faith.” Favre, for the most part, remains mum, answering the repetitive questions with, “The NFL is investigating.”
- Source: 49ers' Smith, Goodell to talk Aug. 8 July 31, 2014San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith, facing a significant suspension, is scheduled to meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in New York City next Friday, Aug. 8, according to a league source.Adam Schefter
- Agent: Ex-Cowboy Brent to meet with Goodell July 31, 2014Former Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent will meet with commissioner Roger Goodell by the end of next week, if not sooner, in an effort to gain re-entry to the NFL, according to his agent Peter Schaffer.Adam Schefter
- Romo unsure he'll play in preseason opener July 31, 2014With the long-term view on the regular season Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo said he will play some in the preseason, but perhaps not the Aug. 7 opener against the San Diego Chargers.Todd Archer
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud July 31, 2014To Patrick Peterson, his ongoing Twitter feud with Richard Sherman is all in good fun. Peterson doesn't think Sherman sees it the same way.Josh Weinfuss
- Ravens' Harbaugh: Proud of Rice's response July 31, 2014On the eve of Ray Rice addressing the media, Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh continued to support his starting running back, saying he was "disappointed" in the domestic violence incident but was "proud" in what he's done since.Jamison Hensley
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body July 31, 2014Ahead of Josh Gordon's appeal hearing Friday, during which he is expected to blame a failed marijuana test on secondhand smoke, the NFL said "you are responsible for what is in your body."Pat McManamon
- Texans owner won't judge Raiders S.A. buzz July 30, 2014As chairman of the finance committee, Texans owner Bob McNair's opinion will impact any team's move. With the Raiders reportedly considering a move to San Antonio, Texas, he said Tuesday he is withholding judgment until he knows all the facts.Tania Ganguli
- RB Jackson inks contract extension with Bills July 30, 2014Buffalo Bills running back Fred Jackson has signed a contract extension with the team. The Bills did not announce the length of Jackson's extension. Jackson, 33, is the NFL's oldest running back.Mike Rodak
- Cowboys sign OT Smith to $110M contract July 30, 2014The Dallas Cowboys have signed Pro Bowl offensive tackle Tyron Smith to an eight-year extension through 2023, making the total value of his contract worth nearly $110 million, according to multiple sources.Todd Archer
- Marshall sees MVP form in 'different' Cutler July 30, 2014Brandon Marshall says Bears teammate Jay Cutler is poised for an MVP season.Michael C. Wright
- Source: 49ers' Smith, Goodell to talk Aug. 8 July 31, 2014