What’s the story with athletes texting their naked self to the bimbo of the week?
The latest athlete-bimbo drama is wrapped around some alleged ‘sexting’ between Favre and Jenn Sterger, a former cheerleader-turned-journalist via Playboy and Maxim layouts Sterger had landed in New York with an in-house Jets sideline reporter gig in 2008. She alleges that Favre started leaving her innocent enough voicemails, which eventually culminated in several ‘below the waist’ text pictorials complete with croc shoes.
The story broke on deadspin.com in early August, but like most scandals, took a while to rise to the surface. The indiscretions of athletes and other prominent figures are no longer swept under the duvet cover, and in fact, are a much sought-after commodity. When are these ‘superheros’ going to figure that out?
As the story goes, Sterger kept the texts and photos on her computer to share with her friends, but didn’t want to involve herself or fully divulge the dirt. In February, 2010, after discussing the details with AJ Daulerio, the editor of Deadspin.com, she sent off an email to him expressing her concern:
“NOT A WORD OF THAT SHIT TO ANYONE.
I like ya AJ… and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc… because I don’t roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not.”
It makes one ponder, why, if she didn’t want this info leaked out, would she discuss the details with a guy who runs a site that reveals salacious gossip about prominent people? I guess even big-boobed-hoes have a game plan, as she currently has hired an attorney, and lies in wait.
Two additional women, who both worked as NY Jets massage therapists in 2008, spoke of Favre’s advances and claim Favre texted them inappropriate messages, inviting them both back to his hotel room.
Favre’s wife, Deanna, spoke out about the scandal involving her husband, stating ‘I’m handling this through faith.” Favre, for the most part, remains mum, answering the repetitive questions with, “The NFL is investigating.”
- Sources: Redskins' Hall tears Achilles again October 31, 2014Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall, who tore his Achilles tendon last month and underwent surgery to repair it, tore it again this week and will have to redo the surgery, according to sources.Adam Schefter
- Tweets by Jets' Decker spur social media spat October 31, 2014The New York Jets' Eric Decker picked a bad week to try to rally the team's disgruntled fan base.Rich Cimini
- Concussed Cards DB: Couldn't recall game October 31, 2014While driving after Sunday's game, Cardinals safety Tony Jefferson pulled over for about 30 minutes.Josh Weinfuss
- Saints top Panthers to take NFC South lead October 31, 2014Drew Brees overcame a shaky start and threw for one touchdown and ran for another and the New Orleans Saints defeated the Carolina Panthers 28-10 Thursday night to take over first place in the NFC South.Associated Press
- NFL seeks to dismiss ex-players' painkillers suit October 31, 2014The National Football League on Thursday asked a judge to toss out a lawsuit filed by former players who allege team officials gave them powerful painkillers and other drugs to keep them on the field without regard for their long-term health.ESPN.com news services
- Source: Hardy trial ppd.; eyes reinstatement October 31, 2014The Nov. 17 domestic violence trial for Carolina Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy has been postponed until after the season, a league source told ESPN.com.ESPN.com news services
- Seahawks' Wilson had Giant interest in Series October 30, 2014Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson had a former teammate to root for in Game 7 of the World Series on Wednesday night -- San Francisco Giants pitcher Madison Bumgarner, who was named the Series MVP.Terry Blount
- Good dawgs: Browns vie for collar charms October 30, 2014Browns defensive coaches have provided their players with spiked black dog collars, and each exceptional effort play garners a dog bone charm to attach to the collar.Jeremy Fowler
- Chargers CB Verrett out with torn labrum October 30, 2014Chargers rookie cornerback Jason Verrett has a torn labrum in his left shoulder and will miss at least Sunday's game against the Miami Dolphins, the team said.Eric D. Williams
- Jets RB Johnson frustrated with limited role October 30, 2014During his peak years with the Tennessee Titans, Chris Johnson welcomed the Monday morning aches and pains. It usually meant a busy and productive Sunday. He longs for those days.Rich Cimini
- Sources: Redskins' Hall tears Achilles again October 31, 2014