What’s the story with athletes texting their naked self to the bimbo of the week?
The latest athlete-bimbo drama is wrapped around some alleged ‘sexting’ between Favre and Jenn Sterger, a former cheerleader-turned-journalist via Playboy and Maxim layouts Sterger had landed in New York with an in-house Jets sideline reporter gig in 2008. She alleges that Favre started leaving her innocent enough voicemails, which eventually culminated in several ‘below the waist’ text pictorials complete with croc shoes.
The story broke on deadspin.com in early August, but like most scandals, took a while to rise to the surface. The indiscretions of athletes and other prominent figures are no longer swept under the duvet cover, and in fact, are a much sought-after commodity. When are these ‘superheros’ going to figure that out?
As the story goes, Sterger kept the texts and photos on her computer to share with her friends, but didn’t want to involve herself or fully divulge the dirt. In February, 2010, after discussing the details with AJ Daulerio, the editor of Deadspin.com, she sent off an email to him expressing her concern:
“NOT A WORD OF THAT SHIT TO ANYONE.
I like ya AJ… and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc… because I don’t roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not.”
It makes one ponder, why, if she didn’t want this info leaked out, would she discuss the details with a guy who runs a site that reveals salacious gossip about prominent people? I guess even big-boobed-hoes have a game plan, as she currently has hired an attorney, and lies in wait.
Two additional women, who both worked as NY Jets massage therapists in 2008, spoke of Favre’s advances and claim Favre texted them inappropriate messages, inviting them both back to his hotel room.
Favre’s wife, Deanna, spoke out about the scandal involving her husband, stating ‘I’m handling this through faith.” Favre, for the most part, remains mum, answering the repetitive questions with, “The NFL is investigating.”
- Sherman's two INTs help Seahawks by 49ers November 28, 2014Seahawks take down 49ersAssociated Press
- Niners CEO apologizes: Loss 'not acceptable' November 28, 2014The 49ers were bad enough their 19-3 loss to the rival Seahawks on Thursday night to spoil Thanksgiving for 49ers CEO Jed York. And then some.Paul Gutierrez
- BC's Elimimian named CFL's outstanding player November 28, 2014B.C. Lions linebacker Solomon Elimimian was honored Thursday night as the Canadian Football League's outstanding player, becoming the first pure defensive player to win the award.Associated Press
- Eagles blast Cowboys, seize NFC East lead November 28, 2014Eagles roll over Cowboys 33-10 for NFC East leadAssociated Press
- Dez awaits rematch vs. 'kinda cheap' Eagles November 28, 2014Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant said some Philadelphia Eagles players were "being kinda cheap" during the teams' NFC East showdown on Thanksgiving Day.Calvin Watkins
- Lions boost playoff hopes with rout of Bears November 28, 2014Calvin Johnson shines in Detroit's 34-17 win over the Chicago Bears.Associated Press
- Megatron fastest to 10,000 receiving yards November 28, 2014Calvin Johnson already holds the Detroit Lions' franchise record for career receiving yards. Now, he's the fastest in NFL history to 10,000 yards receiving as well.Michael Rothstein
- Bears' Conte leaves game with eye injury November 28, 2014Bears safety Chris Conte was escorted to the locker room in the first quarter of Thursday's Thanksgiving Day matchup against the Detroit Lions and will not return due to an eye injury.Michael C. Wright
- RG III calls benching a 'coach's decision' November 27, 2014Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III didn't have much to say about coach Jay Gruden's decision to bench him, merely calling it a "coach's decision."John Keim
- Texans' Clowney has 'a lot of pain' in knee November 27, 2014Texans outside linebacker Jadeveon Clowney said his surgically repaired knee is swelling on him and caused him to play with a great deal of pain in the Houston's last game.Tania Ganguli
- Sherman's two INTs help Seahawks by 49ers November 28, 2014