Article first published as 2Advanced Studios: Time to Re-Advance? on Technorati.
I had heard 2Advanced Studios was in the market for a social media manager, and wondered why. After all, weren’t they the world’s self proclaimed, ‘word of mouth only‘ uber- successful enterprise? Could it be that the great 2Advanced wasn’t all that advanced in today’s competitive web development work place? Its intricate cyber gimmicks were world renowned in the techie community from the early to mid 2000′s…but had it lost its gloss? Was the word “were” becoming a permanent fixture? I was intrigued.
I went in for a closer look. I pulled up in front of 2Advanced. The building itself is nothing out of the ordinary…stuck smack in the middle of a clearly non-creative white collar- business development center, if not for the logo, you would miss it. Simply beige. But like cracker jacks, the prizes are often found within the box.
Inside, ascending the staircase, one looked down upon a completely blank canvas of acid washed concrete flooring. The dark staircase deposited one into a conference room, illuminated only by black lights which highlighting the white board. To be sure, the much acclaimed conference room with accompanying table was just as advertised… gothic and heavy. Across the 2, 000 lb table, sat the behind the scenes co-founder of 2Advanced, Tony Novak.
Tony filled me on his journey from a 15 year old high school drop out, to the somewhat of a folk hero he had become within the innovative web development community. He spoke of the many accolades and awards that had been bestowed upon them. Led by creative director, Eric Jordan, they were the king of kings…Were? There’s that word again… He recognized a slide, but I didn’t see it. Wasn’t it really more about the others gaining ground?
I was merely a listening tool for at least 95% of my time there…yet I left wanting to know more about this amazing company. I took a closer look- their website was outstanding, the graphics- cool… the link-ups were amazing… The pages explode. http://www.2advanced.com/#recognition/books&id=30). I looked closer through the many, many, many pages… and saw that the bulk of the praise was generated between 2002 & 2006. The blog hadn’t been updated since last year, missing videos/photos, job board positions from 2009. Ah, the slide was there.
The need for SMO question was answered. I pondered their need for a strong social media movement. I could only sum it up with the thought that big ideas are like children; they need constant attention to grow and reach their potential. Otherwise, those nurtured ones, even without the strong capability that you have, will pass you by. Or at least, pull up even with you.
The 2Advanced machine, appears to be gearing up. A new website is in the works I am told and will almost certainly rock your world. Emerge lil butterfly and show us your new.. updated wings!
- Bengals' RB plans don't include Green-Ellis August 29, 2014BenJarvus Green-Ellis has been cut.Coley Harvey
- Oft-fined Suh avoids hit to wallet for roughing August 29, 2014Detroit Lions defender Ndamukong Suh was flagged for roughing Jacksonville QB Chad Henne last Friday, but he won't be fined for the play.Michael Rothstein
- Ravens' Ngata fined by NFL for kicking player August 29, 2014Baltimore Ravens defensive tackle Haloti Ngata was fined $8,268 by the NFL for kicking a Washington Redskins player in Saturday's preseason game.Jamison Hensley
- NFL: Lifetime ban possible for domestic abuse August 29, 2014The NFL is immediately implementing a sweeping domestic violence initiative that calls for a six-game suspension for a first offense and a lifetime ban from the league for a second offense.Jane McManus
- Carr's play has Raiders coach Allen hedging August 29, 2014The play of rookie Derek Carr might have changed Dennis Allen's mind on a starting quarterback.Bill Williamson
- Vikings WR's appeal of suspension denied August 29, 2014The NFL has upheld a three-game suspension for Vikings receiver Jerome Simpson for a drunken-driving arrest last November.Ben Goessling
- Manziel is big fan of 'Kenny Football' at A&M August 29, 2014Johnny Manziel's ready to hand off his nickname. Or at least share it.ESPN.com news services
- Rams' Sam 'very confident' with cuts looming August 29, 2014No matter what happens in the next two days, defensive end Michael Sam is confident he offered a strong closing argument Thursday night to make the St. Louis Rams' 53-man roster.Nick Wagoner
- Sources: Peyton Manning fined for taunting August 29, 2014The NFL has fined Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning $8,268 for taunting, sources tell ESPN's Chris Mortensen.ESPN.com news services
- Johnny JamBoogie: Manziel stars in TV ad August 29, 2014He has been called Johnny Football and Johnny Cleveland, but on Thursday, Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel will get a new nickname: Johnny JamBoogie.Darren Rovell
- Bengals' RB plans don't include Green-Ellis August 29, 2014