Article first published as 2Advanced Studios: Time to Re-Advance? on Technorati.
I had heard 2Advanced Studios was in the market for a social media manager, and wondered why. After all, weren’t they the world’s self proclaimed, ‘word of mouth only‘ uber- successful enterprise? Could it be that the great 2Advanced wasn’t all that advanced in today’s competitive web development work place? Its intricate cyber gimmicks were world renowned in the techie community from the early to mid 2000’s…but had it lost its gloss? Was the word “were” becoming a permanent fixture? I was intrigued.
I went in for a closer look. I pulled up in front of 2Advanced. The building itself is nothing out of the ordinary…stuck smack in the middle of a clearly non-creative white collar- business development center, if not for the logo, you would miss it. Simply beige. But like cracker jacks, the prizes are often found within the box.
Inside, ascending the staircase, one looked down upon a completely blank canvas of acid washed concrete flooring. The dark staircase deposited one into a conference room, illuminated only by black lights which highlighting the white board. To be sure, the much acclaimed conference room with accompanying table was just as advertised… gothic and heavy. Across the 2, 000 lb table, sat the behind the scenes co-founder of 2Advanced, Tony Novak.
Tony filled me on his journey from a 15 year old high school drop out, to the somewhat of a folk hero he had become within the innovative web development community. He spoke of the many accolades and awards that had been bestowed upon them. Led by creative director, Eric Jordan, they were the king of kings…Were? There’s that word again… He recognized a slide, but I didn’t see it. Wasn’t it really more about the others gaining ground?
I was merely a listening tool for at least 95% of my time there…yet I left wanting to know more about this amazing company. I took a closer look- their website was outstanding, the graphics- cool… the link-ups were amazing… The pages explode. http://www.2advanced.com/#recognition/books&id=30). I looked closer through the many, many, many pages… and saw that the bulk of the praise was generated between 2002 & 2006. The blog hadn’t been updated since last year, missing videos/photos, job board positions from 2009. Ah, the slide was there.
The need for SMO question was answered. I pondered their need for a strong social media movement. I could only sum it up with the thought that big ideas are like children; they need constant attention to grow and reach their potential. Otherwise, those nurtured ones, even without the strong capability that you have, will pass you by. Or at least, pull up even with you.
The 2Advanced machine, appears to be gearing up. A new website is in the works I am told and will almost certainly rock your world. Emerge lil butterfly and show us your new.. updated wings!
- Jags DT Marks nets $600K with sack at end December 19, 2014Defensive tackle Sen'Derrick Marks popped up and did the money sign after his sack to close out the Jaguars' win. He wasn't mocking Johnny Manziel, though.Michael DiRocco
- Jags handle Titans in showdown of AFC dregs December 19, 2014Jordan Todman juked one defender and stiff-armed another on his way to a 62-yard touchdown run that helped the Jacksonville Jaguars beat the Tennessee Titans 21-13 on Thursday night.Associated Press
- Jags don 'I Can't Breathe' shirts for warmups December 19, 2014The Jacksonville Jaguars receiving corps wore "I Can't Breathe" T-shirts during pregame warmups prior to Thursday night's home game against the Tennessee Titans.Michael DiRocco
- Jets' Richardson: I'm on same level as Watt December 19, 2014One year after being named the NFL's top defensive rookie, New York Jets standout Sheldon Richardson believes he's just as good as any defensive lineman in the league, including J.J. Watt of the Houston Texans.Rich Cimini
- Sources: Bears 'confused' by coach's discipline December 19, 2014A pair of Bears players say a portion of the locker room feels "confused and uncomfortable" over how coach Marc Trestman handled Jay Cutler's benching compared to the minor discipline offensive coordinator Aaron Kromer received last week.Jeff Dickerson
- Cutler: 'Crossed my mind' Bears tenure over December 19, 2014Despite coach Marc Trestman benching him just 14 games into a seven-year, $126.7 million contract, quarterback Jay Cutler hopes to remain with the Bears.Michael C. Wright
- Browns OC backs Manziel: Not going in tank December 19, 2014Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan isn't burying quarterback Johnny Manziel after his rough debut. In fact, he's building him up.Jeremy Fowler
- Iloka: Manziel didn't prep Bengals for Peyton December 19, 2014After shutting down Browns rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel on Sunday, the Bengals have quite the turnaround this week as they prepare to face Peyton Manning and the Broncos on Monday night.Coley Harvey
- Rams players heading to Ferguson to help December 19, 2014The five St. Louis Rams players who did the "hands up, don't shoot" gesture in support of the nearby Ferguson community and promptly vowed to help out when things settled down are making good on that promise.Nick Wagoner
- 49ers' Harbaugh: 'Only talk about job I have' December 18, 2014San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh would not bite Thursday when asked to comment on numerous reports that have him and his alma mater at the University of Michigan exchanging flirtatious glances.Paul Gutierrez
- Jags DT Marks nets $600K with sack at end December 19, 2014