Article first published as 2Advanced Studios: Time to Re-Advance? on Technorati.
I had heard 2Advanced Studios was in the market for a social media manager, and wondered why. After all, weren’t they the world’s self proclaimed, ‘word of mouth only‘ uber- successful enterprise? Could it be that the great 2Advanced wasn’t all that advanced in today’s competitive web development work place? Its intricate cyber gimmicks were world renowned in the techie community from the early to mid 2000′s…but had it lost its gloss? Was the word “were” becoming a permanent fixture? I was intrigued.
I went in for a closer look. I pulled up in front of 2Advanced. The building itself is nothing out of the ordinary…stuck smack in the middle of a clearly non-creative white collar- business development center, if not for the logo, you would miss it. Simply beige. But like cracker jacks, the prizes are often found within the box.
Inside, ascending the staircase, one looked down upon a completely blank canvas of acid washed concrete flooring. The dark staircase deposited one into a conference room, illuminated only by black lights which highlighting the white board. To be sure, the much acclaimed conference room with accompanying table was just as advertised… gothic and heavy. Across the 2, 000 lb table, sat the behind the scenes co-founder of 2Advanced, Tony Novak.
Tony filled me on his journey from a 15 year old high school drop out, to the somewhat of a folk hero he had become within the innovative web development community. He spoke of the many accolades and awards that had been bestowed upon them. Led by creative director, Eric Jordan, they were the king of kings…Were? There’s that word again… He recognized a slide, but I didn’t see it. Wasn’t it really more about the others gaining ground?
I was merely a listening tool for at least 95% of my time there…yet I left wanting to know more about this amazing company. I took a closer look- their website was outstanding, the graphics- cool… the link-ups were amazing… The pages explode. http://www.2advanced.com/#recognition/books&id=30). I looked closer through the many, many, many pages… and saw that the bulk of the praise was generated between 2002 & 2006. The blog hadn’t been updated since last year, missing videos/photos, job board positions from 2009. Ah, the slide was there.
The need for SMO question was answered. I pondered their need for a strong social media movement. I could only sum it up with the thought that big ideas are like children; they need constant attention to grow and reach their potential. Otherwise, those nurtured ones, even without the strong capability that you have, will pass you by. Or at least, pull up even with you.
The 2Advanced machine, appears to be gearing up. A new website is in the works I am told and will almost certainly rock your world. Emerge lil butterfly and show us your new.. updated wings!
- Over 7K show for Ravens' Rice jersey swap September 20, 2014More than 7,000 fans showed up to exchange their Ray Rice jerseys for those of other Ravens players during a two-day event at Baltimore's home team officials said Saturday.Associated Press
- Suspect in death of Peterson's son posts bond September 20, 2014A man charged in the killing of the 2-year-old son of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson in South Dakota last fall has been released on a $2 million bond.Associated Press
- Chargers place Ingram (hip) on IR return list September 20, 2014Chargers outside linebacker Melvin Ingram has been placed on injured reserve list, designated to return due to a hip injury, the team announced Saturday.Eric D. Williams
- Raiders say Schaub out, not injury related September 20, 2014The Oakland Raiders listed backup quarterback Matt Schaub as out Sunday at New England.Associated Press
- Source: McCown (thumb) out at least 1 game September 20, 2014Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Josh McCown has a significant sprain to his right thumb and likely will miss at least one game, a league source said Saturday.Pat Yasinskas
- Goodell vows NFL will get its 'house in order' September 20, 2014Roger Goodell said Friday there have been too many recent examples of the NFL "doing wrong" and "that starts with me," and followed it up with a goal of implementing new personal conduct policies by the Super Bowl.ESPN.com news services
- Petition aiming to block Peterson from son September 20, 2014Authorities in Minnesota have filed a petition seeking a protective order for the son of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson.Associated Press
- Second ban (4 games) for Dolphins' Jordan September 20, 2014Dolphins DE Dion Jordan is suspended four games for violating the NFL's policy on substance abuse.James Walker
- Cards QB Palmer still ailing; Stanton to start September 19, 2014Arizona coach Bruce Arians says Drew Stanton will start at quarterback when the Cardinals play the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday.Josh Weinfuss
- Cardinals LB Abraham to season-ending IR September 19, 2014The Cardinals put linebacker John Abraham on injured reserve due to concussions.Josh Weinfuss
- Over 7K show for Ravens' Rice jersey swap September 20, 2014