Article first published as 2Advanced Studios: Time to Re-Advance? on Technorati.
I had heard 2Advanced Studios was in the market for a social media manager, and wondered why. After all, weren’t they the world’s self proclaimed, ‘word of mouth only‘ uber- successful enterprise? Could it be that the great 2Advanced wasn’t all that advanced in today’s competitive web development work place? Its intricate cyber gimmicks were world renowned in the techie community from the early to mid 2000′s…but had it lost its gloss? Was the word “were” becoming a permanent fixture? I was intrigued.
I went in for a closer look. I pulled up in front of 2Advanced. The building itself is nothing out of the ordinary…stuck smack in the middle of a clearly non-creative white collar- business development center, if not for the logo, you would miss it. Simply beige. But like cracker jacks, the prizes are often found within the box.
Inside, ascending the staircase, one looked down upon a completely blank canvas of acid washed concrete flooring. The dark staircase deposited one into a conference room, illuminated only by black lights which highlighting the white board. To be sure, the much acclaimed conference room with accompanying table was just as advertised… gothic and heavy. Across the 2, 000 lb table, sat the behind the scenes co-founder of 2Advanced, Tony Novak.
Tony filled me on his journey from a 15 year old high school drop out, to the somewhat of a folk hero he had become within the innovative web development community. He spoke of the many accolades and awards that had been bestowed upon them. Led by creative director, Eric Jordan, they were the king of kings…Were? There’s that word again… He recognized a slide, but I didn’t see it. Wasn’t it really more about the others gaining ground?
I was merely a listening tool for at least 95% of my time there…yet I left wanting to know more about this amazing company. I took a closer look- their website was outstanding, the graphics- cool… the link-ups were amazing… The pages explode. http://www.2advanced.com/#recognition/books&id=30). I looked closer through the many, many, many pages… and saw that the bulk of the praise was generated between 2002 & 2006. The blog hadn’t been updated since last year, missing videos/photos, job board positions from 2009. Ah, the slide was there.
The need for SMO question was answered. I pondered their need for a strong social media movement. I could only sum it up with the thought that big ideas are like children; they need constant attention to grow and reach their potential. Otherwise, those nurtured ones, even without the strong capability that you have, will pass you by. Or at least, pull up even with you.
The 2Advanced machine, appears to be gearing up. A new website is in the works I am told and will almost certainly rock your world. Emerge lil butterfly and show us your new.. updated wings!
- Sources: Watt, Texans agree to $100M deal September 2, 2014The Houston Texans and defensive end J.J. Watt have reached agreement on a new, six-year deal that could pay him $100 million, league sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.ESPN.com news services
- Niners OG Boone ends holdout, practices September 2, 2014San Francisco 49ers right guard Alex Boone ended his holdout Monday by reporting and passing a physical, the team announced.Paul Gutierrez
- Raiders start rookie Carr, not Schaub, at QB September 2, 2014The Oakland Raiders have named rookie Derek Carr their starting quarterback.ESPN.com news services
- Rams finalize practice squad minus Sam September 2, 2014The St. Louis Rams announced their 10-man practice squad Monday afternoon and defensive end Michael Sam is not part of it.Nick Wagoner
- Welker practices, not cleared for contact September 2, 2014Denver Broncos receiver Wes Welker (concussion) returns to practice.Jeff Legwold
- CB-needy Jets add Adams to secondary mix September 2, 2014Six days before the season opener, the cornerback-needy New York Jets continued to tinker with their secondary, signing free-agent journeyman Phillip Adams.Rich Cimini
- Titans agree to contract with kicker Succup September 1, 2014Veteran kicker Ryan Succop has agreed to a one-year deal with the Tennessee Titans who chose to go with experience rather than an undrafted rookie.Associated Press
- It's 'unofficial': Lions' Fairley a starter again September 1, 2014Detroit Lions defensive tackle Nick Fairley returns to the team's starting lineup.Michael Rothstein
- Coughlin: Beckham 'couple, 3 weeks away' September 1, 2014Rookie receiver Odell Beckham Jr. could be weeks away from returning for the New York Giants.Dan Graziano
- Chiefs' Smith wanted deal prior to season September 1, 2014Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith said Monday he didn't want to go into the season without a contract extension. He won't have to after signing a four-year extension a day earlier.Adam Teicher
- Sources: Watt, Texans agree to $100M deal September 2, 2014