Article first published as 2Advanced Studios: Time to Re-Advance? on Technorati.
I had heard 2Advanced Studios was in the market for a social media manager, and wondered why. After all, weren’t they the world’s self proclaimed, ‘word of mouth only‘ uber- successful enterprise? Could it be that the great 2Advanced wasn’t all that advanced in today’s competitive web development work place? Its intricate cyber gimmicks were world renowned in the techie community from the early to mid 2000’s…but had it lost its gloss? Was the word “were” becoming a permanent fixture? I was intrigued.
I went in for a closer look. I pulled up in front of 2Advanced. The building itself is nothing out of the ordinary…stuck smack in the middle of a clearly non-creative white collar- business development center, if not for the logo, you would miss it. Simply beige. But like cracker jacks, the prizes are often found within the box.
Inside, ascending the staircase, one looked down upon a completely blank canvas of acid washed concrete flooring. The dark staircase deposited one into a conference room, illuminated only by black lights which highlighting the white board. To be sure, the much acclaimed conference room with accompanying table was just as advertised… gothic and heavy. Across the 2, 000 lb table, sat the behind the scenes co-founder of 2Advanced, Tony Novak.
Tony filled me on his journey from a 15 year old high school drop out, to the somewhat of a folk hero he had become within the innovative web development community. He spoke of the many accolades and awards that had been bestowed upon them. Led by creative director, Eric Jordan, they were the king of kings…Were? There’s that word again… He recognized a slide, but I didn’t see it. Wasn’t it really more about the others gaining ground?
I was merely a listening tool for at least 95% of my time there…yet I left wanting to know more about this amazing company. I took a closer look- their website was outstanding, the graphics- cool… the link-ups were amazing… The pages explode. http://www.2advanced.com/#recognition/books&id=30). I looked closer through the many, many, many pages… and saw that the bulk of the praise was generated between 2002 & 2006. The blog hadn’t been updated since last year, missing videos/photos, job board positions from 2009. Ah, the slide was there.
The need for SMO question was answered. I pondered their need for a strong social media movement. I could only sum it up with the thought that big ideas are like children; they need constant attention to grow and reach their potential. Otherwise, those nurtured ones, even without the strong capability that you have, will pass you by. Or at least, pull up even with you.
The 2Advanced machine, appears to be gearing up. A new website is in the works I am told and will almost certainly rock your world. Emerge lil butterfly and show us your new.. updated wings!
- Watt, Graham highlight memorable Pro Bowl January 26, 2015J.J. Watt intercepted a pass, recovered a fumble and danced for the crowd, Jimmy Graham dunked over the crossbar twice after TD catches -- this time with no penalty and Team Irvin beat over Team Carter 32-28 .Associated Press
- NFL store removes photo of Lynch gesture January 26, 2015A collage that featured a photo of Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch grabbing his crotch after scoring a touchdown in last Sunday's NFC Championship Game should not have been for sale on the league's official website store, NFL spokesman BrianDarren Rovell
- Saints' Graham dunks on crossbar after TD January 26, 2015If it were a regular-season game New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham would be digging into his wallet in coming days for his touchdown celebration Sunday night at the Pro Bowl.Jeff Legwold
- Seahawks CB Sherman says elbow 'better' January 26, 2015Seattle cornerback Richard Sherman said his injured left elbow shouldn't be an issue leading up to Super Bowl XLIX.Josh Weinfuss
- Source: LeBeau decides against joining Cards January 26, 2015A Dick LeBeau-Bruce Arians reunion won't happen next season in Arizona. LeBeau has decided not to join the Arizona Cardinals staff, according to a source.Josh Weinfuss
- Brady expects 'Deflategate' talk after season January 26, 2015Tom Brady told ESPN on Sunday that he hasn't yet spoken to NFL investigators regarding the allegations of the Patriots using underinflated footballs in the first half of the AFC Championship Game and expects that to happen after the season is completed.ESPN.com news services
- Sherman: Goodell won't punish Kraft's Pats January 26, 2015Richard Sherman doesn't think the NFL will discipline the Patriots if they're found to have adjusted the air pressure in 11 footballs prior to the AFC Championship Game, because of the relationship between Roger Goodell and Pats owner Robert Kraft.Josh Weinfuss
- Carroll: Pats will be ready despite Deflategate January 26, 2015Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said the deflated-footballs issue with the New England Patriots has forever changed the way he will approach the process in the future.Terry Blount
- Carroll, Lynch to discuss NFL gesture warning January 26, 2015Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said he plans to talk to running back Marshawn Lynch about NFL officials saying the team will be penalized 15 yards in the Super Bowl if Lynch does his obscene gesture after a touchdown.Terry Blount
- Belichick says Patriots 'followed every rule' January 26, 2015Bill Belichick stated that the New England Patriots "followed every rule" in preparing their footballs for last Sunday's AFC Championship Game, offering several potential reasons behind the "Deflategate" controversy.ESPN.com news services
- Watt, Graham highlight memorable Pro Bowl January 26, 2015