Article first published as 2Advanced Studios: Time to Re-Advance? on Technorati.
I had heard 2Advanced Studios was in the market for a social media manager, and wondered why. After all, weren’t they the world’s self proclaimed, ‘word of mouth only‘ uber- successful enterprise? Could it be that the great 2Advanced wasn’t all that advanced in today’s competitive web development work place? Its intricate cyber gimmicks were world renowned in the techie community from the early to mid 2000′s…but had it lost its gloss? Was the word “were” becoming a permanent fixture? I was intrigued.
I went in for a closer look. I pulled up in front of 2Advanced. The building itself is nothing out of the ordinary…stuck smack in the middle of a clearly non-creative white collar- business development center, if not for the logo, you would miss it. Simply beige. But like cracker jacks, the prizes are often found within the box.
Inside, ascending the staircase, one looked down upon a completely blank canvas of acid washed concrete flooring. The dark staircase deposited one into a conference room, illuminated only by black lights which highlighting the white board. To be sure, the much acclaimed conference room with accompanying table was just as advertised… gothic and heavy. Across the 2, 000 lb table, sat the behind the scenes co-founder of 2Advanced, Tony Novak.
Tony filled me on his journey from a 15 year old high school drop out, to the somewhat of a folk hero he had become within the innovative web development community. He spoke of the many accolades and awards that had been bestowed upon them. Led by creative director, Eric Jordan, they were the king of kings…Were? There’s that word again… He recognized a slide, but I didn’t see it. Wasn’t it really more about the others gaining ground?
I was merely a listening tool for at least 95% of my time there…yet I left wanting to know more about this amazing company. I took a closer look- their website was outstanding, the graphics- cool… the link-ups were amazing… The pages explode. http://www.2advanced.com/#recognition/books&id=30). I looked closer through the many, many, many pages… and saw that the bulk of the praise was generated between 2002 & 2006. The blog hadn’t been updated since last year, missing videos/photos, job board positions from 2009. Ah, the slide was there.
The need for SMO question was answered. I pondered their need for a strong social media movement. I could only sum it up with the thought that big ideas are like children; they need constant attention to grow and reach their potential. Otherwise, those nurtured ones, even without the strong capability that you have, will pass you by. Or at least, pull up even with you.
The 2Advanced machine, appears to be gearing up. A new website is in the works I am told and will almost certainly rock your world. Emerge lil butterfly and show us your new.. updated wings!
- Bills DE Williams, ex can't settle ring lawsuit May 18, 2013An initial attempt to settle a lawsuit between Buffalo Bills defensive end Mario Williams and his former fiancee over the possession of a $785,000 diamond engagement ring has failed. […]Associated Press
- Bears, first-round pick G Long agree to deal May 18, 2013The Bears agreed to terms on a four-year deal, plus an option, with 2013 first round draft choice Kyle Long on Friday, the team announced. […]Jeff Dickerson
- Jets' Goodson arrested for drugs, weapons May 18, 2013New York Jets running back Mike Goodson was arrested Friday morning on drug possession and weapon charges, New Jersey state police spokesperson Stephen Jones told ESPN's Adam Schefter. […]Matt Ehalt
- Seahawks DE Irvin suspended four games May 18, 2013Seattle Seahawks defensive end Bruce Irvin was suspended for the first four games of the 2013 season on Friday after the league announced he violated the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances. […]Associated Press
- Source: Gronkowski may need back surgery May 17, 2013In addition to a fourth surgery on his broken forearm, New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski might need back surgery, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. […]ESPNBoston.com
- Ex-O.J. lawyer says Simpson knew about guns May 17, 2013The lawyer who unsuccessfully defended O.J. Simpson against armed robbery charges testified Friday his client knew two companions had guns in a 2007 confrontation with memorabilia dealers. […]Associated Press
- Report: P. Manning's money same in new deal May 17, 2013Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning has signed a new contract, although the deal doesn't alter his compensation, Pro Football Talk reported Friday. […]ESPN.com news services
- Source: Stallworth recovered, cleared to play May 17, 2013Free-agent wide receiver Donte Stallworth has been cleared to return for all football activities relating to his injuries from a hot air balloon incident in April, a league source tells ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. […]ESPN.com news services
- Ex-Ohio State RB Clarett to try hand at rugby May 17, 2013Former Ohio State star running back Maurice Clarett will trying his hand at something other than football. […]ESPN.com news services
- Restraining order issued against Titus Young May 17, 2013Former Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young's legal problems are only getting worse. […]Associated Press
- Bills DE Williams, ex can't settle ring lawsuit May 18, 2013