Article first published as 2Advanced Studios: Time to Re-Advance? on Technorati.
I had heard 2Advanced Studios was in the market for a social media manager, and wondered why. After all, weren’t they the world’s self proclaimed, ‘word of mouth only‘ uber- successful enterprise? Could it be that the great 2Advanced wasn’t all that advanced in today’s competitive web development work place? Its intricate cyber gimmicks were world renowned in the techie community from the early to mid 2000’s…but had it lost its gloss? Was the word “were” becoming a permanent fixture? I was intrigued.
I went in for a closer look. I pulled up in front of 2Advanced. The building itself is nothing out of the ordinary…stuck smack in the middle of a clearly non-creative white collar- business development center, if not for the logo, you would miss it. Simply beige. But like cracker jacks, the prizes are often found within the box.
Inside, ascending the staircase, one looked down upon a completely blank canvas of acid washed concrete flooring. The dark staircase deposited one into a conference room, illuminated only by black lights which highlighting the white board. To be sure, the much acclaimed conference room with accompanying table was just as advertised… gothic and heavy. Across the 2, 000 lb table, sat the behind the scenes co-founder of 2Advanced, Tony Novak.
Tony filled me on his journey from a 15 year old high school drop out, to the somewhat of a folk hero he had become within the innovative web development community. He spoke of the many accolades and awards that had been bestowed upon them. Led by creative director, Eric Jordan, they were the king of kings…Were? There’s that word again… He recognized a slide, but I didn’t see it. Wasn’t it really more about the others gaining ground?
I was merely a listening tool for at least 95% of my time there…yet I left wanting to know more about this amazing company. I took a closer look- their website was outstanding, the graphics- cool… the link-ups were amazing… The pages explode. http://www.2advanced.com/#recognition/books&id=30). I looked closer through the many, many, many pages… and saw that the bulk of the praise was generated between 2002 & 2006. The blog hadn’t been updated since last year, missing videos/photos, job board positions from 2009. Ah, the slide was there.
The need for SMO question was answered. I pondered their need for a strong social media movement. I could only sum it up with the thought that big ideas are like children; they need constant attention to grow and reach their potential. Otherwise, those nurtured ones, even without the strong capability that you have, will pass you by. Or at least, pull up even with you.
The 2Advanced machine, appears to be gearing up. A new website is in the works I am told and will almost certainly rock your world. Emerge lil butterfly and show us your new.. updated wings!
- Manning: 'Not scoreboard op's best night' October 25, 2014Peyton Manning will "have a little talk" with the scoreboard operator in the wake of what the Broncos QB says were distractions during Denver's win against the Chargers.Jeff Legwold
- Addae has concussion; Chargers back protocol October 25, 2014The San Diego Chargers followed proper medical procedure after safety Jahleel Addae had two scary reactions following hits in Thursday night's 35-21 loss at Denver, coach Mike McCoy said.Associated Press
- Billionaire Allen donates $100M to fight Ebola October 25, 2014Billionaire Paul Allen, who owns the Seattle Seahawks and the Portland Trail Blazers, has pledged to contribute at least $100 million to the fight against the deadly Ebola virus.ESPN.com news services
- Ravens TE Daniels out after knee procedure October 25, 2014Ravens tight end Owen Daniels will miss at least one game after undergoing a clean-up procedure on his left knee, coach John Harbaugh said Friday.Jamison Hensley
- Saints to be without RBs Thomas, Robinson October 25, 2014New Orleans Saints running backs Pierre Thomas and Khiry Robinson have both been ruled out for Sunday night's game against the Green Bay Packers with injuries.Mike Triplett
- Union: NFL, Ravens not helping in Rice probe October 25, 2014The attorney leading the NFL players' union investigation into the Ray Rice domestic violence case tells The Associated Press the league and the Baltimore Ravens have not been cooperating.Associated Press
- Colts WR Wayne won't play vs. Steelers October 25, 2014Indianapolis Colts receiver Reggie Wayne will not play Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers as he continues to deal with an elbow injury, coach Chuck Pagano told reporters Friday.ESPN.com news services
- Union questions NFL's domestic violence plan October 24, 2014The players' union has questioned why the NFL's domestic violence training and education program "treats all players as perpetrators."Associated Press
- Judge blocks sports gambling in New Jersey October 24, 2014A U.S. District Judge granted a temporary restraining order to the NCAA, NFL and other major professional sports leagues Friday, crushing a New Jersey racetrack's hopes of offering legal sports betting this weekend.David Purdum
- Jags' Ball out vs. Dolphins with biceps injury October 24, 2014The Jacksonville Jaguars will be without one starting cornerback and possibly his backup for Sunday's home game against the Miami Dolphins.Michael DiRocco
- Manning: 'Not scoreboard op's best night' October 25, 2014