Article first published as 2Advanced Studios: Time to Re-Advance? on Technorati.
I had heard 2Advanced Studios was in the market for a social media manager, and wondered why. After all, weren’t they the world’s self proclaimed, ‘word of mouth only‘ uber- successful enterprise? Could it be that the great 2Advanced wasn’t all that advanced in today’s competitive web development work place? Its intricate cyber gimmicks were world renowned in the techie community from the early to mid 2000′s…but had it lost its gloss? Was the word “were” becoming a permanent fixture? I was intrigued.
I went in for a closer look. I pulled up in front of 2Advanced. The building itself is nothing out of the ordinary…stuck smack in the middle of a clearly non-creative white collar- business development center, if not for the logo, you would miss it. Simply beige. But like cracker jacks, the prizes are often found within the box.
Inside, ascending the staircase, one looked down upon a completely blank canvas of acid washed concrete flooring. The dark staircase deposited one into a conference room, illuminated only by black lights which highlighting the white board. To be sure, the much acclaimed conference room with accompanying table was just as advertised… gothic and heavy. Across the 2, 000 lb table, sat the behind the scenes co-founder of 2Advanced, Tony Novak.
Tony filled me on his journey from a 15 year old high school drop out, to the somewhat of a folk hero he had become within the innovative web development community. He spoke of the many accolades and awards that had been bestowed upon them. Led by creative director, Eric Jordan, they were the king of kings…Were? There’s that word again… He recognized a slide, but I didn’t see it. Wasn’t it really more about the others gaining ground?
I was merely a listening tool for at least 95% of my time there…yet I left wanting to know more about this amazing company. I took a closer look- their website was outstanding, the graphics- cool… the link-ups were amazing… The pages explode. http://www.2advanced.com/#recognition/books&id=30). I looked closer through the many, many, many pages… and saw that the bulk of the praise was generated between 2002 & 2006. The blog hadn’t been updated since last year, missing videos/photos, job board positions from 2009. Ah, the slide was there.
The need for SMO question was answered. I pondered their need for a strong social media movement. I could only sum it up with the thought that big ideas are like children; they need constant attention to grow and reach their potential. Otherwise, those nurtured ones, even without the strong capability that you have, will pass you by. Or at least, pull up even with you.
The 2Advanced machine, appears to be gearing up. A new website is in the works I am told and will almost certainly rock your world. Emerge lil butterfly and show us your new.. updated wings!
- Sharper fails in bid to be released on bail April 18, 2014Former NFL All-Pro safety Darren Sharper has lost his bid to be released on bail in a sexual assault case after an Arizona judge decided there's enough evidence to move forward with charges against him.Associated Press
- Ravens activate LB McClain from reserve list April 17, 2014The Baltimore Ravens activated Rolando McClain off the reserve-retired list Thursday, two days after his disastrous first workout with the team.Jamison Hensley
- Former QB McNabb spends day in jail for DUI April 17, 2014Former NFL quarterback Donovan McNabb was released Thursday from an Arizona jail after serving a one-day sentence for a DUI arrest late last year.ESPN.com news services
- New Jet Johnson motivated to silence critics April 17, 2014After sitting on the market for 12 days and hearing a year's worth of whispers about his declining value as a running back, Chris Johnson comes to the New York Jets resolved to prove the doubters wrong.Jane McManus
- Jags' Doss arrested for disorderly conduct April 17, 2014Indianapolis police have arrested Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Tandon Doss on a disorderly conduct charge, but he will not be prosecuted.ESPN.com news services
- Starting LB Allen among 4 released by Jags April 17, 2014Starting outside linebacker Russell Allen was among four players the Jacksonville Jaguars released on Thursday afternoon.Michael DiRocco
- Ocho Canada: Johnson joins CFL's Alouettes April 17, 2014Chad Johnson is headed north of the border.ESPN.com news services
- Hernandez associate accused of lying to feds April 17, 2014An associate of former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has been arrested on charges of obstruction of justice, witness tampering and lying to a federal grand jury.ESPN.com news services
- Report: 49ers shopping little-used RB James April 17, 2014LaMichael James may be soon out of San Francisco.Bill Williamson
- Reports: D-Jax owes Rosenhaus over $500K April 17, 2014An arbitrator recently ruled that DeSean Jackson owes former agent Drew Rosenhaus $516,415 in unpaid loans and fees, according to multiple media reports.ESPN.com news services
- Sharper fails in bid to be released on bail April 18, 2014