Article first published as 2Advanced Studios: Time to Re-Advance? on Technorati.
I had heard 2Advanced Studios was in the market for a social media manager, and wondered why. After all, weren’t they the world’s self proclaimed, ‘word of mouth only‘ uber- successful enterprise? Could it be that the great 2Advanced wasn’t all that advanced in today’s competitive web development work place? Its intricate cyber gimmicks were world renowned in the techie community from the early to mid 2000’s…but had it lost its gloss? Was the word “were” becoming a permanent fixture? I was intrigued.
I went in for a closer look. I pulled up in front of 2Advanced. The building itself is nothing out of the ordinary…stuck smack in the middle of a clearly non-creative white collar- business development center, if not for the logo, you would miss it. Simply beige. But like cracker jacks, the prizes are often found within the box.
Inside, ascending the staircase, one looked down upon a completely blank canvas of acid washed concrete flooring. The dark staircase deposited one into a conference room, illuminated only by black lights which highlighting the white board. To be sure, the much acclaimed conference room with accompanying table was just as advertised… gothic and heavy. Across the 2, 000 lb table, sat the behind the scenes co-founder of 2Advanced, Tony Novak.
Tony filled me on his journey from a 15 year old high school drop out, to the somewhat of a folk hero he had become within the innovative web development community. He spoke of the many accolades and awards that had been bestowed upon them. Led by creative director, Eric Jordan, they were the king of kings…Were? There’s that word again… He recognized a slide, but I didn’t see it. Wasn’t it really more about the others gaining ground?
I was merely a listening tool for at least 95% of my time there…yet I left wanting to know more about this amazing company. I took a closer look- their website was outstanding, the graphics- cool… the link-ups were amazing… The pages explode. http://www.2advanced.com/#recognition/books&id=30). I looked closer through the many, many, many pages… and saw that the bulk of the praise was generated between 2002 & 2006. The blog hadn’t been updated since last year, missing videos/photos, job board positions from 2009. Ah, the slide was there.
The need for SMO question was answered. I pondered their need for a strong social media movement. I could only sum it up with the thought that big ideas are like children; they need constant attention to grow and reach their potential. Otherwise, those nurtured ones, even without the strong capability that you have, will pass you by. Or at least, pull up even with you.
The 2Advanced machine, appears to be gearing up. A new website is in the works I am told and will almost certainly rock your world. Emerge lil butterfly and show us your new.. updated wings!
- Clowney still sore but says he's OK to return October 23, 2014Texans outside linebacker Jadeveon Clowney says he'll play through his remaining soreness on Sunday against the Titans.Tania Ganguli
- Bucs DT McCoy: Team's D has played 'soft' October 23, 2014All-Pro defensive tackle Gerald McCoy said Thursday that the Buccaneers' defense has been "soft."Pat Yasinskas
- Frazier still supportive of Peterson, Harvin October 23, 2014During his time as the Minnesota Vikings' head coach, Leslie Frazier had contrasting relationships with the two star players on his offense: Adrian Peterson and Percy Harvin.Ben Goessling
- Caldwell defends handling of Waddle concussion October 23, 2014Lions coach Jim Caldwell defended the medical staff's handing of LaAdrian Waddle's concussion.Michael Rothstein
- Ex-NFL, MLB player Bull Bramlett dies at 73 October 23, 2014John "Bull" Bramlett, a former pro football and baseball player who was nicknamed the "Meanest Man in Football," has died. He was 73.Associated Press
- Urlacher: Cutler an elite QB in salary only October 23, 2014Jay Cutler is the highest-paid quarterback this season and Brian Urlacher says that's the only thing elite about his former teammate.ESPN.com news services
- Titans QB Mettenberger to start, source says October 23, 2014The Tennessee Titans have decided to start rookie Zach Mettenberger at quarterback against the visiting Houston Texans on Sunday, a league source told ESPN's Adam Caplan on Wednesday.ESPN.com news services
- Titans' Lewan chooses settlement over trial October 23, 2014Tennessee Titans rookie Taylor Lewan plans to settle rather than go to trial to fight three misdemeanor assault charges from last December, his lawyer said.Dan Murphy
- Megatron: Ankle progressing in 'positive' way October 23, 2014Calvin Johnson is more encouraged about his progress this week in returning from a high right ankle sprain than he has been the past two weeks, when he has missed back-to-back games for the Detroit Lions.Michael Rothstein
- Jets' Smith on Harvin: It's not video games October 23, 2014Quarterback Geno Smith says Percy Harvin is a dynamic player but that the Jets have many other weapons at wide receiver.Rich Cimini
- Clowney still sore but says he's OK to return October 23, 2014