Article first published as 2Advanced Studios: Time to Re-Advance? on Technorati.
I had heard 2Advanced Studios was in the market for a social media manager, and wondered why. After all, weren’t they the world’s self proclaimed, ‘word of mouth only‘ uber- successful enterprise? Could it be that the great 2Advanced wasn’t all that advanced in today’s competitive web development work place? Its intricate cyber gimmicks were world renowned in the techie community from the early to mid 2000’s…but had it lost its gloss? Was the word “were” becoming a permanent fixture? I was intrigued.
I went in for a closer look. I pulled up in front of 2Advanced. The building itself is nothing out of the ordinary…stuck smack in the middle of a clearly non-creative white collar- business development center, if not for the logo, you would miss it. Simply beige. But like cracker jacks, the prizes are often found within the box.
Inside, ascending the staircase, one looked down upon a completely blank canvas of acid washed concrete flooring. The dark staircase deposited one into a conference room, illuminated only by black lights which highlighting the white board. To be sure, the much acclaimed conference room with accompanying table was just as advertised… gothic and heavy. Across the 2, 000 lb table, sat the behind the scenes co-founder of 2Advanced, Tony Novak.
Tony filled me on his journey from a 15 year old high school drop out, to the somewhat of a folk hero he had become within the innovative web development community. He spoke of the many accolades and awards that had been bestowed upon them. Led by creative director, Eric Jordan, they were the king of kings…Were? There’s that word again… He recognized a slide, but I didn’t see it. Wasn’t it really more about the others gaining ground?
I was merely a listening tool for at least 95% of my time there…yet I left wanting to know more about this amazing company. I took a closer look- their website was outstanding, the graphics- cool… the link-ups were amazing… The pages explode. http://www.2advanced.com/#recognition/books&id=30). I looked closer through the many, many, many pages… and saw that the bulk of the praise was generated between 2002 & 2006. The blog hadn’t been updated since last year, missing videos/photos, job board positions from 2009. Ah, the slide was there.
The need for SMO question was answered. I pondered their need for a strong social media movement. I could only sum it up with the thought that big ideas are like children; they need constant attention to grow and reach their potential. Otherwise, those nurtured ones, even without the strong capability that you have, will pass you by. Or at least, pull up even with you.
The 2Advanced machine, appears to be gearing up. A new website is in the works I am told and will almost certainly rock your world. Emerge lil butterfly and show us your new.. updated wings!
- Saints top Panthers to take NFC South lead October 31, 2014Drew Brees overcame a shaky start and threw for one touchdown and ran for another and the New Orleans Saints defeated the Carolina Panthers 28-10 Thursday night to take over first place in the NFC South.Associated Press
- NFL seeks to dismiss ex-players' painkillers suit October 31, 2014The National Football League on Thursday asked a judge to toss out a lawsuit filed by former players who allege team officials gave them powerful painkillers and other drugs to keep them on the field without regard for their long-term health.ESPN.com news services
- Game Balls: Panthers vs. Saints October 31, 2014Visit ESPN.com for the complete story.Media
- Source: Hardy trial ppd.; eyes reinstatement October 31, 2014The Nov. 17 domestic violence trial for Carolina Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy has been postponed until after the season, a league source told ESPN.com.ESPN.com news services
- Tweets by Jets' Decker spur social media spat October 31, 2014The New York Jets' Eric Decker picked a bad week to try to rally the team's disgruntled fan base.Rich Cimini
- Concussed Cards DB: Couldn't recall game October 31, 2014While driving after Sunday's game, Cardinals safety Tony Jefferson pulled over for about 30 minutes.Josh Weinfuss
- Seahawks' Wilson had Giant interest in Series October 30, 2014Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson had a former teammate to root for in Game 7 of the World Series on Wednesday night -- San Francisco Giants pitcher Madison Bumgarner, who was named the Series MVP.Terry Blount
- Good dawgs: Browns vie for collar charms October 30, 2014Browns defensive coaches have provided their players with spiked black dog collars, and each exceptional effort play garners a dog bone charm to attach to the collar.Jeremy Fowler
- Chargers CB Verrett out with torn labrum October 30, 2014Chargers rookie cornerback Jason Verrett has a torn labrum in his left shoulder and will miss at least Sunday's game against the Miami Dolphins, the team said.Eric D. Williams
- Jets RB Johnson frustrated with limited role October 30, 2014During his peak years with the Tennessee Titans, Chris Johnson welcomed the Monday morning aches and pains. It usually meant a busy and productive Sunday. He longs for those days.Rich Cimini
- Saints top Panthers to take NFC South lead October 31, 2014