Article first published as 2Advanced Studios: Time to Re-Advance? on Technorati.
I had heard 2Advanced Studios was in the market for a social media manager, and wondered why. After all, weren’t they the world’s self proclaimed, ‘word of mouth only‘ uber- successful enterprise? Could it be that the great 2Advanced wasn’t all that advanced in today’s competitive web development work place? Its intricate cyber gimmicks were world renowned in the techie community from the early to mid 2000′s…but had it lost its gloss? Was the word “were” becoming a permanent fixture? I was intrigued.
I went in for a closer look. I pulled up in front of 2Advanced. The building itself is nothing out of the ordinary…stuck smack in the middle of a clearly non-creative white collar- business development center, if not for the logo, you would miss it. Simply beige. But like cracker jacks, the prizes are often found within the box.
Inside, ascending the staircase, one looked down upon a completely blank canvas of acid washed concrete flooring. The dark staircase deposited one into a conference room, illuminated only by black lights which highlighting the white board. To be sure, the much acclaimed conference room with accompanying table was just as advertised… gothic and heavy. Across the 2, 000 lb table, sat the behind the scenes co-founder of 2Advanced, Tony Novak.
Tony filled me on his journey from a 15 year old high school drop out, to the somewhat of a folk hero he had become within the innovative web development community. He spoke of the many accolades and awards that had been bestowed upon them. Led by creative director, Eric Jordan, they were the king of kings…Were? There’s that word again… He recognized a slide, but I didn’t see it. Wasn’t it really more about the others gaining ground?
I was merely a listening tool for at least 95% of my time there…yet I left wanting to know more about this amazing company. I took a closer look- their website was outstanding, the graphics- cool… the link-ups were amazing… The pages explode. http://www.2advanced.com/#recognition/books&id=30). I looked closer through the many, many, many pages… and saw that the bulk of the praise was generated between 2002 & 2006. The blog hadn’t been updated since last year, missing videos/photos, job board positions from 2009. Ah, the slide was there.
The need for SMO question was answered. I pondered their need for a strong social media movement. I could only sum it up with the thought that big ideas are like children; they need constant attention to grow and reach their potential. Otherwise, those nurtured ones, even without the strong capability that you have, will pass you by. Or at least, pull up even with you.
The 2Advanced machine, appears to be gearing up. A new website is in the works I am told and will almost certainly rock your world. Emerge lil butterfly and show us your new.. updated wings!
- Browns' Bryant OK to play after heart scare March 8, 2014Browns defensive end Desmond Bryant says he's been medically cleared to play after a health scare.ESPN.com news services
- Source: Vikings to re-sign Cassel for 2 years March 8, 2014Quarterback Matt Cassel will return to Minnesota next season, signing a two-year deal with the Vikings on Friday, a league source confirmed to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Source: Jets extend starting TE Cumberland March 8, 2014The New York Jets have a lot work to do on offense, and they got started Friday night, agreeing to an undisclosed contract extension with starting tight end Jeff Cumberland, according to a league source.Rich Cimini
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade March 8, 2014The New Orleans Saints will continue their roster overhaul by releasing running back Darren Sproles if they aren't able to trade him, according to reports.Mike Triplett
- Source: Steelers' Brown frees up $4M in cap March 8, 2014Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown restructured his contract and freed up $4 million worth of cap space for Pittsburgh, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Seahawks put 2nd-round tender on Baldwin March 8, 2014The Seattle Seahawks have placed a second-round tender on restricted free-agent receiver Doug Baldwin, hoping to keep one of the key cogs in their offense from the 2013 championship season.Terry Blount
- Report: Suh picks Sexton as his new agent March 8, 2014Ndamukong Suh finally has a new agent, hiring Jimmy Sexton of CAA Sports, according to a report by Sports Business Journal.Michael Rothstein
- Judge says Sharper can't be held indefinitely March 8, 2014A judge says former NFL All-Pro safety Darren Sharper cannot be held without bail indefinitely in a sex assault case in Los Angeles but gave Louisiana prosecutors more time to indict him before allowing his release in California.Associated Press
- Saints release veteran receiver Moore March 8, 2014The New Orleans Saints released wide receiver Lance Moore on Friday.Mike Triplett
- Sources: Cowboys under cap after moves March 7, 2014The Dallas Cowboys are under the salary cap.Todd Archer
- Browns' Bryant OK to play after heart scare March 8, 2014