Article first published as 2Advanced Studios: Time to Re-Advance? on Technorati.
I had heard 2Advanced Studios was in the market for a social media manager, and wondered why. After all, weren’t they the world’s self proclaimed, ‘word of mouth only‘ uber- successful enterprise? Could it be that the great 2Advanced wasn’t all that advanced in today’s competitive web development work place? Its intricate cyber gimmicks were world renowned in the techie community from the early to mid 2000’s…but had it lost its gloss? Was the word “were” becoming a permanent fixture? I was intrigued.
I went in for a closer look. I pulled up in front of 2Advanced. The building itself is nothing out of the ordinary…stuck smack in the middle of a clearly non-creative white collar- business development center, if not for the logo, you would miss it. Simply beige. But like cracker jacks, the prizes are often found within the box.
Inside, ascending the staircase, one looked down upon a completely blank canvas of acid washed concrete flooring. The dark staircase deposited one into a conference room, illuminated only by black lights which highlighting the white board. To be sure, the much acclaimed conference room with accompanying table was just as advertised… gothic and heavy. Across the 2, 000 lb table, sat the behind the scenes co-founder of 2Advanced, Tony Novak.
Tony filled me on his journey from a 15 year old high school drop out, to the somewhat of a folk hero he had become within the innovative web development community. He spoke of the many accolades and awards that had been bestowed upon them. Led by creative director, Eric Jordan, they were the king of kings…Were? There’s that word again… He recognized a slide, but I didn’t see it. Wasn’t it really more about the others gaining ground?
I was merely a listening tool for at least 95% of my time there…yet I left wanting to know more about this amazing company. I took a closer look- their website was outstanding, the graphics- cool… the link-ups were amazing… The pages explode. http://www.2advanced.com/#recognition/books&id=30). I looked closer through the many, many, many pages… and saw that the bulk of the praise was generated between 2002 & 2006. The blog hadn’t been updated since last year, missing videos/photos, job board positions from 2009. Ah, the slide was there.
The need for SMO question was answered. I pondered their need for a strong social media movement. I could only sum it up with the thought that big ideas are like children; they need constant attention to grow and reach their potential. Otherwise, those nurtured ones, even without the strong capability that you have, will pass you by. Or at least, pull up even with you.
The 2Advanced machine, appears to be gearing up. A new website is in the works I am told and will almost certainly rock your world. Emerge lil butterfly and show us your new.. updated wings!
- Bradford's ex-coach helped QB to not quit March 31, 2015Josh Heupel, a trusted voice from Sam Bradford's past, helped the Eagles quarterback resist quitting football last year after he suffered a second devastating injury to his left knee in a span of nine months.ESPN.com news services
- Source: Packers re-sign Raji to one-year deal March 30, 2015Hours after the Green Bay Packers struck a deal with Letroy Guion, they reached an agreement to bring back another member of their defensive line, B.J. Raji, according to a source.Rob Demovsky
- Fiancee: Trashed box at Hernandez's request March 30, 2015The fiancee of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez has testified in his murder trial that she removed a box from their basement at his request the day after the slaying.Associated Press
- Report: Eagles sign WR Austin for one year March 30, 2015The Eagles signed wide receiver Miles Austin to a one-year contract, according to a report by the NFL Network.Phil Sheridan
- Guion has 1-year deal to return to Packers March 30, 2015Letroy Guion is coming back to the Green Bay Packers on a one-year contract, according to a source.Rob Demovsky
- Falcons fined, forfeit pick for noise violations March 30, 2015The Atlanta Falcons have been fined $350,000 and will forfeit a 2016 draft pick for piping crowd noise into the Georgia Dome during home games over the last two seasons.ESPN.com news services
- Thomas to skip Manning, Broncos workouts March 30, 2015Demaryius Thomas will not attend the Broncos' offseason program and will not take part in workouts at Duke University with quarterback Peyton Manning and the team's other wide receivers.Jeff Legwold
- Eagles add year to linebacker Ryans' deal March 30, 2015The Philadelphia Eagles reworked the contract of inside linebacker DeMeco Ryans, adding an additional year to his deal while lowering his 2015 salary cap number.Phil Sheridan
- Sources: QB Schaub likely to sign this week March 30, 2015Quarterback Matt Schaub is expected to sign with a new team this week, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Browns GM suspended, team fined for texts March 30, 2015Cleveland Browns general manager Ray Farmer has been suspended without pay for the first four games of next season for sending texts to personnel during games in 2014 and the team was fined $250,000, the NFL announced Monday.ESPN.com news services
- Bradford's ex-coach helped QB to not quit March 31, 2015