Article first published as 2Advanced Studios: Time to Re-Advance? on Technorati.
I had heard 2Advanced Studios was in the market for a social media manager, and wondered why. After all, weren’t they the world’s self proclaimed, ‘word of mouth only‘ uber- successful enterprise? Could it be that the great 2Advanced wasn’t all that advanced in today’s competitive web development work place? Its intricate cyber gimmicks were world renowned in the techie community from the early to mid 2000’s…but had it lost its gloss? Was the word “were” becoming a permanent fixture? I was intrigued.
I went in for a closer look. I pulled up in front of 2Advanced. The building itself is nothing out of the ordinary…stuck smack in the middle of a clearly non-creative white collar- business development center, if not for the logo, you would miss it. Simply beige. But like cracker jacks, the prizes are often found within the box.
Inside, ascending the staircase, one looked down upon a completely blank canvas of acid washed concrete flooring. The dark staircase deposited one into a conference room, illuminated only by black lights which highlighting the white board. To be sure, the much acclaimed conference room with accompanying table was just as advertised… gothic and heavy. Across the 2, 000 lb table, sat the behind the scenes co-founder of 2Advanced, Tony Novak.
Tony filled me on his journey from a 15 year old high school drop out, to the somewhat of a folk hero he had become within the innovative web development community. He spoke of the many accolades and awards that had been bestowed upon them. Led by creative director, Eric Jordan, they were the king of kings…Were? There’s that word again… He recognized a slide, but I didn’t see it. Wasn’t it really more about the others gaining ground?
I was merely a listening tool for at least 95% of my time there…yet I left wanting to know more about this amazing company. I took a closer look- their website was outstanding, the graphics- cool… the link-ups were amazing… The pages explode. http://www.2advanced.com/#recognition/books&id=30). I looked closer through the many, many, many pages… and saw that the bulk of the praise was generated between 2002 & 2006. The blog hadn’t been updated since last year, missing videos/photos, job board positions from 2009. Ah, the slide was there.
The need for SMO question was answered. I pondered their need for a strong social media movement. I could only sum it up with the thought that big ideas are like children; they need constant attention to grow and reach their potential. Otherwise, those nurtured ones, even without the strong capability that you have, will pass you by. Or at least, pull up even with you.
The 2Advanced machine, appears to be gearing up. A new website is in the works I am told and will almost certainly rock your world. Emerge lil butterfly and show us your new.. updated wings!
- Source: RB Lynch will re-sign with Seahawks March 6, 2015Seattle Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch has decided to return to the NFL and has agreed to a new contract with the Seahawks, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Panthers add LT Oher to offensive line mix March 6, 2015The Carolina Panthers on Friday may have found at least a short-term solution to their left-tackle vacancy, signing free agent Michael Oher to a two-year contract.David Newton
- Hernandez's DNA a match for crime scene March 6, 2015Former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez's DNA was found on a marijuana joint at the scene of a killing near his home, a crime lab scientist testified Friday.Associated Press
- Sources: Saints restructure Colston's deal March 6, 2015The New Orleans Saints have restructured the contract of WR Marques Colston, sources confirmed to ESPN Saints reporter Mike Triplett on a busy Friday during which the team took steps to get under the salary cap before the free-agent market opens.ESPN.com staff
- Source: Jets re-sign LB Harris to 3-year deal March 6, 2015The New York Jets have re-signed linebacker David Harris to a three-year, $21.5 million deal, sources told ESPN.Rich Cimini
- Source: Safety Landry suspended 10 games March 6, 2015Free-agent safety LaRon Landry, released by the Indianapolis Colts last month, has been suspended for the first 10 games of the 2015 season, a league source tells ESPN's Field Yates.ESPN.com news services
- Former Browns fullback Modzelewski dies at 86 March 6, 2015Ed "Big Mo" Modzelewski, a former star fullback who led the University of Maryland to an unbeaten season in 1951 and later won an NFL championship with the Cleveland Browns, has died. He was 86.Associated Press
- Source: Chiefs, LB Mauga agree to new deal March 6, 2015The Kansas City Chiefs will re-sign linebacker Josh Mauga to a three-year deal worth close to $8 million, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Friday.ESPN.com news services
- Source: Chargers give WR Jones 2-year deal March 6, 2015The San Diego Chargers and free-agent wide receiver Jacoby Jones have agreed to a two-year deal, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Source: Bears agree to send Marshall to Jets March 6, 2015The Chicago Bears have agreed to trade wide receiver Brandon Marshall to the New York Jets, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.ESPN.com news services
- Source: RB Lynch will re-sign with Seahawks March 6, 2015