Article first published as 2Advanced Studios: Time to Re-Advance? on Technorati.
I had heard 2Advanced Studios was in the market for a social media manager, and wondered why. After all, weren’t they the world’s self proclaimed, ‘word of mouth only‘ uber- successful enterprise? Could it be that the great 2Advanced wasn’t all that advanced in today’s competitive web development work place? Its intricate cyber gimmicks were world renowned in the techie community from the early to mid 2000’s…but had it lost its gloss? Was the word “were” becoming a permanent fixture? I was intrigued.
I went in for a closer look. I pulled up in front of 2Advanced. The building itself is nothing out of the ordinary…stuck smack in the middle of a clearly non-creative white collar- business development center, if not for the logo, you would miss it. Simply beige. But like cracker jacks, the prizes are often found within the box.
Inside, ascending the staircase, one looked down upon a completely blank canvas of acid washed concrete flooring. The dark staircase deposited one into a conference room, illuminated only by black lights which highlighting the white board. To be sure, the much acclaimed conference room with accompanying table was just as advertised… gothic and heavy. Across the 2, 000 lb table, sat the behind the scenes co-founder of 2Advanced, Tony Novak.
Tony filled me on his journey from a 15 year old high school drop out, to the somewhat of a folk hero he had become within the innovative web development community. He spoke of the many accolades and awards that had been bestowed upon them. Led by creative director, Eric Jordan, they were the king of kings…Were? There’s that word again… He recognized a slide, but I didn’t see it. Wasn’t it really more about the others gaining ground?
I was merely a listening tool for at least 95% of my time there…yet I left wanting to know more about this amazing company. I took a closer look- their website was outstanding, the graphics- cool… the link-ups were amazing… The pages explode. http://www.2advanced.com/#recognition/books&id=30). I looked closer through the many, many, many pages… and saw that the bulk of the praise was generated between 2002 & 2006. The blog hadn’t been updated since last year, missing videos/photos, job board positions from 2009. Ah, the slide was there.
The need for SMO question was answered. I pondered their need for a strong social media movement. I could only sum it up with the thought that big ideas are like children; they need constant attention to grow and reach their potential. Otherwise, those nurtured ones, even without the strong capability that you have, will pass you by. Or at least, pull up even with you.
The 2Advanced machine, appears to be gearing up. A new website is in the works I am told and will almost certainly rock your world. Emerge lil butterfly and show us your new.. updated wings!
- GM: Harvin deal a 'potential coup' for Jets October 20, 2014The New York Jets introduced wide receiver Percy Harvin on Monday, calling him a dynamic player that could galvanize their moribund offense.Rich Cimini
- Source: Orakpo hits IR with torn pec muscle October 20, 2014Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo has a torn right pectoral muscle, which will end his season and possibly his time in Washington, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.John Keim
- Leagues file to halt New Jersey sports betting October 20, 2014The NCAA, NFL and other major professional sports leagues will file for immediate injunctive relief Tuesday to prevent New Jersey from offering sports betting this weekend, according to State Sen. Raymond Lesniak.David Purdum
- Bears' Long: Wrong to cast blame on fans October 20, 2014Chicago Bears guard Kyle Long criticized fans at Soldier Field for booing Sunday as the team trotted into the locker room down 14-0 to the Miami Dolphins, but on Monday admitted "it was wrong for me to point fingers at the fans."Michael C. Wright
- Redskins unsure at QB; RG III may return October 20, 2014The Washington Redskins finally got a win -- but now they also have a decision to make at quarterback.John Keim
- Peyton's plan: Game of keep-away his idea October 20, 2014The Broncos' game of keep-away with Peyton Manning was planned ahead of the quarterback's record-setting TD pass.Jeff Legwold
- Source: Marshall calls out Cutler after loss October 20, 2014Yelling could be heard from outside the double doors of the Bears' locker room after Sunday's loss, and a source said receiver Brandon Marshall called out quarterback Jay Cutler.Michael C. Wright
- Legwold: Top 5 Peyton Manning TD passes October 20, 2014QB won't single any out any of his record-setting throws, so we did it for himJeff Legwold
- Bills RB Jackson (groin) might miss a month October 20, 2014Buffalo Bills running back Fred Jackson could miss up to a month after suffering a groin injury in Sunday's 17-16 win over the Minnesota Vikings.Mike Rodak
- Manning breaks Favre's career TD pass mark October 20, 2014Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning threw his 509th career touchdown Sunday, breaking Brett Favre's league record.Jeff Legwold
- GM: Harvin deal a 'potential coup' for Jets October 20, 2014