Article first published as 2Advanced Studios: Time to Re-Advance? on Technorati.
I had heard 2Advanced Studios was in the market for a social media manager, and wondered why. After all, weren’t they the world’s self proclaimed, ‘word of mouth only‘ uber- successful enterprise? Could it be that the great 2Advanced wasn’t all that advanced in today’s competitive web development work place? Its intricate cyber gimmicks were world renowned in the techie community from the early to mid 2000′s…but had it lost its gloss? Was the word “were” becoming a permanent fixture? I was intrigued.
I went in for a closer look. I pulled up in front of 2Advanced. The building itself is nothing out of the ordinary…stuck smack in the middle of a clearly non-creative white collar- business development center, if not for the logo, you would miss it. Simply beige. But like cracker jacks, the prizes are often found within the box.
Inside, ascending the staircase, one looked down upon a completely blank canvas of acid washed concrete flooring. The dark staircase deposited one into a conference room, illuminated only by black lights which highlighting the white board. To be sure, the much acclaimed conference room with accompanying table was just as advertised… gothic and heavy. Across the 2, 000 lb table, sat the behind the scenes co-founder of 2Advanced, Tony Novak.
Tony filled me on his journey from a 15 year old high school drop out, to the somewhat of a folk hero he had become within the innovative web development community. He spoke of the many accolades and awards that had been bestowed upon them. Led by creative director, Eric Jordan, they were the king of kings…Were? There’s that word again… He recognized a slide, but I didn’t see it. Wasn’t it really more about the others gaining ground?
I was merely a listening tool for at least 95% of my time there…yet I left wanting to know more about this amazing company. I took a closer look- their website was outstanding, the graphics- cool… the link-ups were amazing… The pages explode. http://www.2advanced.com/#recognition/books&id=30). I looked closer through the many, many, many pages… and saw that the bulk of the praise was generated between 2002 & 2006. The blog hadn’t been updated since last year, missing videos/photos, job board positions from 2009. Ah, the slide was there.
The need for SMO question was answered. I pondered their need for a strong social media movement. I could only sum it up with the thought that big ideas are like children; they need constant attention to grow and reach their potential. Otherwise, those nurtured ones, even without the strong capability that you have, will pass you by. Or at least, pull up even with you.
The 2Advanced machine, appears to be gearing up. A new website is in the works I am told and will almost certainly rock your world. Emerge lil butterfly and show us your new.. updated wings!
- Goodell backs Rice ban, says NFL is 'consistent' August 2, 2014Roger Goodell defended the NFL's suspension of Ray Rice, saying that domestic violence is "not acceptable" while emphasizing that the length of the ban is "consistent" with other punishments issued by the league.ESPN.com news services
- Report: Gordon hearing to continue Monday August 2, 2014The Cleveland Browns remain in a wait-and-see mode regarding receiver Josh Gordon, who spent Friday in New York City presenting his appeal to avoid a one-year minimum ban for another positive drug test.Pat McManamon
- 'Tuck rule' referee still gets emails about call August 2, 2014Every once in a while, Walt Coleman will open his email and it will be there waiting for him. Usually from the western half of the United States, someone will find a way to contact him about one of the most infamous calls he's made as an official.Michael Rothstein
- Cardinals' Abraham apologizes for June DUI August 2, 2014Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham issued an apology for his DUI charge in a statement issued by the team on Friday, marking his first comments since being arrested in June.Josh Weinfuss
- Lions' Fairley sentenced in 2012 DUI case August 1, 2014Detroit Lions defensive tackle Nick Fairley was sentenced Thursday to a suspended six month jail term and one year probation stemming from a 2012 DUI and reckless driving case, according to Alabama television station WALA.Michael Rothstein
- Sources: Lynch wanted $5M from Seahawks August 1, 2014Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch wanted $5 million more this season than the concessions he received on his contract before ending his eight-day holdout Thursday, sources confirmed Friday.Terry Blount
- Trump advances in bidding to purchase Bills August 1, 2014Donald Trump has been chosen to advance to the next round of bidding to purchase the Buffalo Bills, a person familiar with the sale selection process told The Associated Press on Thursday.Associated Press
- Source: Pats work out free-agent QB Quinn August 1, 2014The New England Patriots worked out free agent quarterback Brady Quinn on Monday, according to a league source.Field Yates
- Wishful thinking? Cowboys send playoff tickets August 1, 2014When Dallas Cowboys season ticket holders open the envelope with their tickets this week, they might be shocked to find what's in there.Darren Rovell
- 49ers, Harbaugh table contract talks for now August 1, 2014The San Francisco 49ers and coach Jim Harbaugh have decided to table contract extension talks until after the 2014 season, team CEO Jed York said on a television show Thursday night.Bill Williamson
- Goodell backs Rice ban, says NFL is 'consistent' August 2, 2014